police road block

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

police road block

Post by hugh750 »

When playing most wanted what do you like to do when your being chased by the police and encounter a road block?
I like to hit the nos and plow through.
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

It depends on what types of vehicles are in the roadblock, and how wide it is.

If there's a big gap on the side or middle I'll just go around.

If the road is totally blocked off (and there's enough time) I'll use Speedbreaker to quickly scan the line for the weakest point (rear side panels of a light car, or the slight gap between two cars parked end-to-end) and hit Nitro to try and blast through, hopefully spinning a car or two out of the way as I go past.

If there's no way really safe way to get past (ie, spike strips and Rhinos in the line directly facing you) I'll try and turn around if the following cars aren't really close.

But if none of that works, I just hit Nitro and hope for the best. ;)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've found that you're much less likely to flip your car if you hit a roadblock whil use speedbreaker.
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

I agree, sometimes(if its a heavy SUV roadblock with spike strips), its good (and looks kind of cool) to slam on your brakes, hit reverse and pull a J-turn, and go as fast as you can the other way.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

just use speedbreaker before you hit the cops. speedbreaker makes your car heavier and like what xHaZxMaTx said less likely to flip your car
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Btw is there anyway to get past the spike strips....without bashing into the cops...or
running away

Also speedbreaker is the best method...although if u go fast enough...and his the rear sides of the car...u should have no problem.
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Insead of the rear side of the car, aim for the rear tires, this seems to spin them out of the way better.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've also found the Murcielago quite interesting for breaking roadblocks - it's so low, it tends to chuck the police vehicles out of the way easily by plowing underneath them (at least it does when I'm driving it). 8)
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

if you have a light car. like the evo, and try to go over the hoods or middle of cars in a roadblock, you tend to fly in the air and spin a few times, even when i use speedbreaker
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Sometimes there is a motorist stopped in front of the roadblock. I hit the nitrous and speedbreaker the very instant I hit them, this causes the vehicle to plow into the roadblock and launch PCs everywhere! (a.k.a. Burnout Revenge stlye) :twisted:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

I found out a little secret the other day if you go under the semi trailer as it goes over a spike strip your tyres won't get popped!

I found this out when i was in a level 5 chase just being pushed along by the semi trailers tyres when all of a sudden the semi drove over a spike strip, I heard my tyres pop but when i slide out from under the trailer my tyres were intact! wtf?

Glitch perhaps? it would be nice if someone could help me confirm this?
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

cool find, usually when i see spikes, i spped break and plow through the weakest point, I don't know why speed breaker adds 2,000 lbs to my car, but it does
j5ive
Ricer
Ricer

Post by j5ive »

Doesn't happen all the time, but I love it when another cop car has already slammed into the roadblock in front of me, and sent one of the stationary police vehicles flipping. Then I rush underneath that cop car while it's in the air. hit the look back button, and it looks totally cool!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea i love doing that, it is also funny when you see a semi just plow through a roadblock of rhinos :lol:
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I hit the speedbreaker, and turn my car as sideways as I can get it to cause some damage. It's tricky and I've nearly gotten buste almost everytime but fun. When it comes to roadblocks I always like trying the total at least 1 PC. 8)
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

when i hit the nos

Post by hugh750 »

When i hit the nos at a road block i useally send one or more pc rolling three or four times.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i dont think there is any punching through this roadblock. i was flying bye and i went around on the right side and i saw the semi out of the corner of my eye. i quickyl stopped and turned around and tried to get a screen while not getting caught. it is kind of weird actually i've seen traffic cars but never semi roadblock :shock:
Attachments
nfsmw021.jpg
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

its happend to me a few times, but u can just go under it...i hate the ones when the helicopter is in the roadblock...i tried goin through it the first time it happend but it didnt work.

but when i go through the normal roadblocks i always use the speadbreaker...u get through them more easy
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yesterday happened something werid, i wrecked the helicopter!!!!! i was in camden beach gas station , the chop was following me and i passed through the gas station and suddenly the chopper was black and dissapeared, WTF?!

I also like to use traffic to ram through the roadblock. I noticed that police cars are flying away instantly after i push the traffic car into them...
Reydelascalles
Banned

Post by Reydelascalles »

I use the traffic (one time a roadblock was hitted by a truck) or I put my car a little moved to one side and I ram it with nos.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Using speedbreaker and hitting the back end of the cop cars is the easiest way to enjoy watching them fly. :D
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I agree with Jopuma, and once in a roadblock (I don't have a screen of it) there was a minivan... :lol:
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

i've only had one traffic roadblock and it was made up of taxis and one GTO Ghost :lol:

but i normally just duck to whatever side of the block has a pc with it's rear to the wall, and bust through that side. sends the cop car rolling most of the time. once or twice it doesn't roll but spins in circles instead :D fun to watch

Return to “Most Wanted”