NFS:MW.. how to beat Earl?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

NFS:MW.. how to beat Earl?

Post by Cento_1307 »

Don't laugh but I've only just recently got Most Wanted and I've hit a problem & it's starting to annoy me, I can't beat Earl! I can beat him hands down on the speed camra race but on the sprint he seems to be totally unbeatable! I've been trying for 3 days now and though I've got almost 15 seconds quicker I'm still about 1000 yards behind him. What do I do?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Try hard ;) just performing your car is the key, but with the catch up thing...well. try to save as much nos as u can ;)
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cento_1307 »

I get stuck just after you turn off the board walk, I don't use any nos before then if he's close behind even if I'm flat out on NOS he leaves me standing! and in the section going down hill if I've somehow manged to keep infront o him there no matter how I set the car up he drives round me like I'm not there!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

If your car is maxed at posible, well, try to low some parts, that's called Catch up system, to prevent u to gain advantage from rivals.
Also try to avoid traffic cars and to crash...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Go berserker mode, full concentration and smack his ass. That'll teach him for sure.

:9
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cento_1307 »

xturbo wrote:Also try to avoid traffic cars and to crash...
you mean slam into walls and miss corners? There are no cars in the sprint race.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'm not saying that, idk what u read, but i was saying to TRY NOT CRASHING and AVOID TRAFFIC, NOT RACERS!!! because OBVIOUSLY in sprint there aren't opponets...
lol...
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

PSZeTa wrote:Go berserker mode, full concentration and smack his bumbum. That'll teach him for sure.

:9
:D good strategy
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've posted this before, but I've always found Earl to be the hardest to beat.

This works for me (99 times out of 100). I use the Audi TT maxxed as far as possible and fitted with a WBK and spoiler (my thinking being its AWD as is the Lancer and has max possible downforce for the winding track) and tune it as follows:

Aero: Fully to the Right
Ride Height: Fully to the LEFT
Turbo: Fully to the Right
Nitrous: Fully to the Right

and maybe steering up 3 notches to the right.

For some reason, Earl seems to crash more often when my car is tuned this way :?

In 5 playthroughs, I've only lost the sprint race once (and that was because I crashed near the end). He is beatable, he's just very very hard!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

DarrenR21373 wrote:I've posted this before, but I've always found Earl to be the hardest to beat.

This works for me (99 times out of 100). I use the Audi TT maxxed as far as possible and fitted with a WBK and spoiler (my thinking being its AWD as is the Lancer and has max possible downforce for the winding track) and tune it as follows:

Aero: Fully to the Right
Ride Height: Fully to the LEFT
Turbo: Fully to the Right
Nitrous: Fully to the Right

and maybe steering up 3 notches to the right.

For some reason, Earl seems to crash more often when my car is tuned this way :?

In 5 playthroughs, I've only lost the sprint race once (and that was because I crashed near the end). He is beatable, he's just very very hard!
Oh i just remember that!!!
yeah, i noticed when u tune your ride and face a blacklist dude, they often crash. i guess it's because they have an "script" that allow them only to drive with the performance that they come, i mean, if you have all the ultimate parts, they will also have those parts, but they don't tune them to get more speed, quick reaction, and etc. So they crash because they can dominate the car "tuned" with the preestablished script... :)
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Sometimes, drifting around a corner is easier than simply driving around. I found that to be helpful many times.
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cento_1307 »

Finally managed it! I didn't have the TT so had to make do with the Golf, Punto & RX8. I ran the Golf setup so that I could only just keep it on the road & with the ride height all the way to the right. Earl kept on rolling his car.
pizdefl
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pizdefl »

Don't try to crash into him. Don't make any single mistake in last lap and of course...be fast as you can....music helps to me 8)
The catch up system won't allow you to escape before him, he'll be chasing you all the time, but you mustn't be too slow cuz you couldn't catch him so fast in last lap lap (or 3km before finish).
And don't be nervous :lol:

And now, don't be pussy (not so serious) get to the street and beat him! :wink:
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

I find a lot of it depends on how you tune your car for the race. The turbo tune alone can determine a win or a loss. Analyze the track and tune correctly for the win. This is especially important in drag races where you must tune towards top speed.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Just beaten Earl again, this time by almost 7 seconds (I have a screen shot to prove it if required). This was in a Fiat Punto with as many JunkMan parts as were available (I selected them for each of the previous BlackListers as my reward).

I know a lot of people don't like the Punto, but I love this car (in fact, I think it is one of my favourites in the game). Tuned as I suggested above, it handles like a go-kart. OK, it's crap off the line, but I do most of my overtaking going into corners anyway, so I guess it suits my driving style.

The funniest thing about it was that I had tried 5 times to beat him in a maxxed Lancer EVO, and couldn't even get close in the last 10% of the sprint race. :P
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

actually i cant think of a better car than the evo to go up against earl...the first time i played i had some problems...but in my second and third career,i've beaten him quite easily...
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

Congratulations on beating earl, the hardest black list racer i ever encountered was kaze 8).
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

hugh750 wrote:Congratulations on beating earl, the hardest black list racer i ever encountered was kaze 8).
Kaze was a blast, I Defeated her with a Lotus Elise
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Since the Elise is one of the best cars in the game (IMHO), I'm not surprised you had a blast. Awesome car! 8)
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

what blacklist number is Earl?
Driv2Slow
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

Earl is blacklist number 9 , he is the hardest one to beat, as for the Elise i dont see what is so special about it... yea it turns and handles real good but for me it is WAY too slow IMO i would rather have the 911 or the Evo
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

i advice u to use an elise... it helped me so damn much when i played mw...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i have gave it a chance many times but it is still way too slow IMO. in some places it will barely get over 200 mph whereas the 911 will do 230+, yes it handles well and for tight tracks it would probably outdo alot of the other cars but it just doesnt have the power that i have become used to :twisted:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Interesting that you thought the Elise was slow - in my second-to-last playthrough I had mine running at (if I remember correctly) 245 MPH fully JunkMan-ed up. And it was so quick off the line, I was winning everything easily. Then again, I'm about the only person who finds the Punto fun to race in, maybe their go-kart handling just suits my driving style better than some of the heavier rides. Must admit that I was quite enjoying fish-tailing the Mustang in one game though 8)

I quite like the Porsches too though, especially the Carrera GT. The only car that really sucks in the game (for me) is the Lexus. I wonder if Earl would take it easy against you in one of those - might try it next career...
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cento_1307 »

#9 or 10 can't remember

Return to “Most Wanted”