What are E.A playin at

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

What the feck ..7900 series aint supported..?? :-S

Im completely sure this aint the real specs..
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I would say the recommended specs are the most realistic ever in the videogames history.

I mean, the developers usually recommend crappy requirements in order to get as many buyers as possible. And then... LOL, they recommend a 32Mb gfx card for a 2006 game. Absurd.

Those requirements are pretty real, i.e. 2Gb RAM would be the necessary amount of memory to play at max resolution + filters, that is what the recommended specs are supposed to be.

About the minimum requirements, they are supposed to be the minimum specs with which you can run the game at lowest resolution and details. They look pretty high, I'm sure the game will run with 512Mb RAM and even 256Mb. A 2Ghz processor will probably handle it, and about the graphics, I've played MW with a FX5200 so...
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
xkalibur80
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xkalibur80 »

The Gravedigger wrote:
xkalibur80 wrote:but these specs are actually (so i've just found out) the same specs for Windows Vista
No they're not... it can run on nearly the same system as Windows XP, why do you think XP had the 'old windows' theme in it.

These specs are bull, if it's running on the same engine as MW then you don't need anything more than that.
I run vista Beta 2 and it states it requires atleast 1gb of duel channel memory, and 128mb Video Ram, 2ghz CPU minimum! the thing is specs to runs games will shoot up when Vista comes out cus its such a resource hog i've read reports vista cramps up to 40% of system memory...to me this will be hell for games in the future.

When Unreal Tournament 2k7 comes out it will take full use of Duel processor & Sli resources. maybe the next NFS will too...IF they bother to make another one
**Amd 64 3700+, 2 Nvidia 6800gs 256 sli, 2 gigs RAM**
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Wow... now I'm thinking of buying a console for new game usage...

No, I don't beleive these are the real minimum reqs, cause if they are, then
bye bye PC for me... I don't think EA will even publish those kinds of requirements
in the next two or three years.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

im not sure if i will have to upgrade my comp or not i guess i will wait and see how my 2.0 ghz processor and 768 mb of ram hold up, i know my gfx card is good ( 6800 GT ) but the other things got me kind of worried :|
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Well these haven't been confirmed. Somebody might have even made this up
randomly to freak people out... you never know.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea thats true, i say if you can run MW on all the settings besides the lowest then you should not have any problem with carbon
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

darknight788 wrote:yea thats true, i say if you can run MW on all the settings besides the lowest then you should not have any problem with carbon
I hope that an "optimizer" for NFSC will be released as soon as NFSC PC version released, and u can deactive the "motion blur "thing :)
btw, I'm playing MW with Geforce Go 6200....:(
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You can disable all those features without using any 'Optimizers.' Just go to regedit. I'd go into more detail, but this isn't the topic for that.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I'd advise using the optimiser over directly editing the registry, since that's exactly what the optimiser does anyway, except via an easy-to-use interface.

Moral: Don't edit the registry directly unless you have no other option.

Now back to the topc pls.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ok the recomended ram is 1 GB for all we know, now if any of you have BF2 you will know that the recomended is also 1GB. I have BF2 and i also have 768 MB of ram, and i can play BF2 with my 6800 GT on pretty video settings with little or no stuttering. so if you can play BF2 then id say your good to play carbon. BF2 is a very demnading game aswell as carbon is going to be maybe a little more
Turbo King
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbo King »

Sys. requirements are the reason i swapped to ps2...!!

No hassles of wondering if the game will run or not..

Anyway plz dont go startin a thread of console vs pc!! (we know who would win anyway!)

Return to “Most Wanted”