Post by Smurfdown »

Computer -

Intel Q9550
Nvidia 9800 GT x2 SLI
4GB DDR2
Creative Labs Audigy 2
42in Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

Ok. I am having hell trying to find a solution to this problem I am having. On my main computer with my large monitor i cannot play NFSMW for very long before it crashes.. Not only does the game crash, but it locks up my whole system. I cannot figure out what the problem is. I have gone over at least 5 forums looking for an answer and I cant, or noone will reply. I know its an old game. but damn its a good one! The Crash will happen usualy after about 3-5 mins of gameplay. It used to not happen untill I was trying to evade a pursuit, cooldown done. right as it should end it would crash. Now its just doing it while i am driving. Not only during a chase but anytime during the game, races, anything.

If anyone can help on this I would appreciate it. Thank you
Smurfdown
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSMW Crashing Issue

Post by Smurfdown »

ok.. stupid solution.. clean out the video cards heat sinks and the problem goes alway. why didnt i think of that sooner 2 months of trying to figure this out and finaly check the last thing i didnt think it could have been.
shanecorner
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFSMW Crashing Issue

Post by shanecorner »

Smurfdown wrote:Computer -

Intel Q9550
Nvidia 9800 GT x2 SLI
4GB DDR2
Creative Labs Audigy 2
42in Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

Ok. I am having hell trying to find a solution to this problem I am having. On my main computer with my large monitor i cannot play NFSMW for very long before it crashes.. Not only does the game crash, but it locks up my whole system. I cannot figure out what the problem is. I have gone over at least 5 forums looking for an answer and I cant, or noone will reply. I know its an old game. but damn its a good one! The Crash will happen usualy after about 3-5 mins of gameplay. It used to not happen untill I was trying to evade a pursuit, cooldown done. right as it should end it would crash. Now its just doing it while i am driving. Not only during a chase but anytime during the game, races, anything.

If anyone can help on this I would appreciate it. Thank you
I saw your configuration that is enough so that is not system problem. Just try to reinstall that it will work in proper manner and if still is give a problem so try to check your motherboard driver.

Return to “Most Wanted”