Cant Install Most Wanted

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Cheez
Stock
Stock

Cant Install Most Wanted

Post by Cheez »

Hey
I've tried installing Most wanted I dnt knw how many times and it keeps bringing up the same message...it says cannot read "E:\Support\en-us\readme.txtfile."...it is an original game that I bought and my coputer is more than equiped to run it...Please Please help me??
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Cant Install Most Wanted

Post by vellu »

Dirty or scratched disk maybe? Try cleaning it gently.
Cheez
Stock
Stock

Post by Cheez »

Tried cleaning it works but then when it hits 25% it says cant find uk helpme file or something...nd if I restart the install again then it doesnt find the en-us file again?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Certainly sounds like a damaged disk.

You could try to make a copy of the disk. Typically cd/dvd burner software use more robust methods when reading the source disk. If you are lucky, a copy of the disk might work just fine. Be sure the use the original when playing, iirc Wanted still used a disk check method of sorts for copy protection, thus a copy of the disk would be ok for the install, but not ok to get the game started.
ThomasPaul
Stock
Stock

Post by ThomasPaul »

Tried cleaning its disk and try to install it. Make sure your computer hardware will support this game.
Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.
advoron
Stock
Stock

Post by advoron »

you might want to check your DVD writer, if the lens is dirty it will not read a disk properly. one thing you can do if you have a friend or a colleague with a newer computer is to use their computer or laptop and make an iso of the image, after that try to install power iso on your computer and mount the iso image, however you will need a no cd patch to play it from the mounted iso. if you need detailed instructions hit me with a pm.cheers
rocky31
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rocky31 »

can be second hand disc

Return to “Most Wanted”