NFS Most Wanted OFFICIALLY Announced!!!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Yea, http://www.nfsunlimited.net already posted the official announcement linked to the official NFS site, so there it's official and it's exactly the same thing I that was told yesterday, just earlier.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

So I believe 2furio is the hero for the day, huh? Image
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Hey, I'm just spreading the wonderful news to as many NFS fans as possible.

What really sucks and is starting to bug me is that no features are listed in the announcement. The guy says that it will be the most intense racing game, blah, blah but it doesn't say how and what things will be incorporated.

And since I like looking for patterns and neat stuff...I originally posted that we will get an announcement from EA on April 16 but it seems we got it earlier. Now for the pics, for NFS UG2, the first pics popped up around May 11 so we should be able to see some pics late April. I'm really curious how the graphics will turn out. Hopefully it won't be all during night-time.

EDIT: I don't know if it was mentioned before (probably but missed it) but NFS MW WILL be shown at the E3 on May 17th! Crap, there's still more than a month until then.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

2furio wrote:What really sucks and is starting to bug me is that no features are listed in the announcement. The guy says that it will be the most intense racing game, blah, blah but it doesn't say how and what things will be incorporated.
It's only April... You expect EA to reveal all of the info right away? :P
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:And since I like looking for patterns and neat stuff...I originally posted that we will get an announcement from EA on April 16 but it seems we got it earlier. Now for the pics, for NFS UG2, the first pics popped up around May 11 so we should be able to see some pics late April. I'm really curious how the graphics will turn out. Hopefully it won't be all during night-time.
As I've mentioned before, this is the part where EA loves to tease us with all these stuffs. :x
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Morty wrote:
2furio wrote:What really sucks and is starting to bug me is that no features are listed in the announcement. The guy says that it will be the most intense racing game, blah, blah but it doesn't say how and what things will be incorporated.
It's only April... You expect EA to reveal all of the info right away? :P
Well when NFS UG2 was announced, there was a long list of all the features.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Because UG2 wouldn't be THAT special compared to UG1.

Yeah, what did people expect back then.. Cars with bodykits.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I thought the features were already been mentioned? Or were you away? Let me refresh your memory. :)
Bojan wrote:SPOnG.com posted a news article with information on what is supposed to be the next game from the Need for Speed series. Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS and is supposed to ship out with the release of Xbox2 somewhen in November 2005.

Features:
  • Visual customisation to manage your heat meter
  • Epic Hollywood-style police pursuits with up to 15 cop cars on screen
  • Skill-based cop evasion and upgradable evasion technology
  • Interactive environments conducive to eluding cops
  • 8 game modes:
    # Multiple point races
    # Toll booth races
    # Speed trap photos
    # Outrun
    # Outrun best route
    # Circuit
    # Sprint
    # Knockout - Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines
    Milestones
  • Four distinct regions with real time weather and an evolving environment with all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.
  • Around 100 cars including Asian import (tuners), exotics, American muscle and Euro imports.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

First of all, I really don't like http://www.spong.com.
And of course I knew about that, I'm an NFS fan...I know everything that's going on in the NFS world but that was leaked information, much like them presence of Most Wanted before the official announcement. I just want confirmation FROM EA on the features of the game. Even if spong is right, EA should inform their fans about product details.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yeah, I agree... The stuff from Spong looks good, but I want it confirmed... They were right about some stuff tho, so I'm actually starting to believe it... We will see, I guess :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

They were right about most things, I'm still waiting on the racing modes and maybe a few pictures.

You what's really weird. On the high res picture of the BMW M3 GTR (not riced up BMW M3) for MW, you can see the pixels, which leads me to think that it is not a concept art but an actual in-game picture.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Just read that on gamespot :P

" EA also revealed several tidbits about the next Need for Speed's gameplay. To increase their street cred and be challenged to more impressive races, players will have to "build up their rap sheet" by evading police. As players successfully complete more and more dangerous feats of illegality, they will move up the so-called "Black List" in order "to become the most wanted racer on the streets," according to EA. "
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

They basically re-phrased what was said from EA.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Some new info:

Quoted from http://www.needforspeed.com:

The very first Need for Speed Formula D racing and racing lifestyle event tore up the east coast this past weekend in Wall, New Jersey as 8,000 attendees got their first taste of high-speed drifting. Behind the wheel to show off some of the world’s best drifting was Rhys Millen and his Pontiac GTO who rode off with the day’s final checkered flag.

Gamers looking for a little adrenal nitro boost of their own of the track, Need for Speed Most Wanted was in full force with a VIP gaming lounge to kick back, relax and play Need for Speed™ Underground 2 on big plasmas. The DJ threw the hip hop all day long… he even had the cops bumpin in the lounge. The nightclub lighting, sick sounds and Need for Speed™ Underground 2 running on the plasmas made the VIP room a place you didn’t want to leave. And with the huge Xbox giveaways, those who showed face in the lounge walked away with hardware and games to keep the party going on at home.

Also on hand to live up the style around Need for Speed was a troupe of graffiti artists who worked on a massive Need for Speed Most Wanted mural during the event. The live graffiti piece was most definitely the show stopper that allowed playa’s to lay their tag rep in New Jersey like they knew how.

Feel like you should’ve been there? With 5 more events happening all summer long, you still have time to show off your racing skills or the piece of art between your bumpers. The Need for Speed Most Wanted VIP lounge is revving up in Atlanta where the Need for Speed Formula D takes drifting to the dirty south on May 6th and 7th in Braselton.

There's also another concept art with a blue BMW.

Return to “Most Wanted”