2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

MW PS2 Demo for Emulator?

Post by burna »

I recently downloaded the PS2 demo of NFS MW from this russian site:
illegal content removed

I have the most recent version of PCSX2 (PS2 emulator) and four different bioses (US 1.4, EU 1.4, EU 2.0, JP 1.2). Over the 2 or so hours of experimenting I've done I can't get it to work.

The reason I've posted this thread is so that people can post their successes (hopefully) it to work. I can't try right now coz I have my final school exams (The HSC for any Aussies out there) starting on Monday.

Good luck.
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

omg u legend!! ive been looking for the ps2 demo 4 ages, hopefully its not a fake.

as for the emulator problem, i wouldnt have a clue bcoz i just use my modded ps2 sorry dude.
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

I think it is a fake i've used over 4 or 5 emulator and none even seen the downloaded file soo that's my opinion.
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

Okai i have to use the daemon tool program to open it second use the newes emulator which i'm still looking for
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

all the psx emulators ive tried dont work, they always say a bumch of crap after you download it about how they dont really play games
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

It is actually real. If you mount it in Daemon Tools you can see that the files are correct.

The best result I've gotten is by mounting it in Daemon Tools and using the CDVD plugin for PCSX2 to load from this "drive". It loads up the PS2 logo that swipes in from the top left corner like it does on demo disks but then nothing happens, although I only left it for 2 minutes (maybe someone could try leaving it for longer).

Using the ISO or BIN plugins for the emulator don't work.

I just wish EA would hurry up and release the PC demo... We don't really need multiplayer capability or anything in the demo. Or they could release a demo patch like they did for NFSU1.

If I get any time between studying I'll try to find some other emulators.
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

i tried it on my ps2 it works perfectly, but im dissapointed with the game, i just hope the full version will be better when it is released, i dont know why you are going through all that trouble with the emulators its not worth it just wait for the pc demo hopefully it will be better
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

If you wish to talk about the PS2 demo running on an emulator, make sure you acqured the demo legally.
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

@ Bojan:

Are you sure it's not legal to distribute demos? It is legal with PC demos... but sorry if I was wrong to post the link, etc.

The link came from the MW thread on page 175 or somewhere around there. I just reposted it here to see if others could get it to work. The link originally came from the offical EA NFSMW message boards and EA said "We cannot be held responsible if this kills your computer and we cannot offer tech support for it", they never said it was illegal so as far as I know the link is still up on those forums.

@ r34-gtr:

Good to hear the image is definitely real, but its a pity the emulators don't support it. I know PCSX2 does support a lot of demos and a couple of full games, but meh....

Sorry again Bojan, I didn't think redistributing the demo was classed as illegal.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Unauthorized copying, adaptation, rental, lending, distribution, extraction, resale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, public performance and internet, cable or nay telecommunications transmission, access or use if this product or any trademark or copyright work that forms part of this product are prohibited
That's written on all the demos I have so I'd say it's illegal to distribute them...
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

OK, Sorry Bojan, it won't happen again. :oops: :(

Return to “Most Wanted”