Best Need For Speed Game?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted

Which is the best Need For Speed game of all time?

Need for Speed
2%
Need for Speed II
3%
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
11%
Need for Speed: High Stakes
14%
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
13%
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
6%
Need for Speed Underground
10%
Need for Speed Underground 2
13%
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
28%

Total votes: 114

Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

need for speed most wanted is by far the best.
I thought that no need for speed game could be better than need for speed: high stakes, but MW is better.

My order for my top 3 are:
1. Need for speed most wanted
2. need for speed high stakes
3. need for speed hot pursuit
Last edited by Fadeproof on 13 Mar 2006, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I like Most wanted out of them all, but I think High Stakes is the best. :)

Here is my list.

1. High Stakes
2. Most Wanted
3. Underground 2
4. Hot Pursuit 2
5. Underground 1
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

For me Underground 1 was the best.
Ceska666
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceska666 »

Andre_online wrote:For me it'll be NFS Underground 1. It's absolutely amazing, the first ever game that got it all beginning. :)
Agree :)
Why U1 is best for me:
1. Best soundtrack (i hate soundtr. in U2 and in MW :x )
2. Amazing tuning (more aftermarket vinyls, better vinyls, better rims, BETTER spoilers and many more that in U2 or MW)
3. Nice scenario
4. Awesome GFX (gfx in U2 is like a christmas tree, all city is shiny, too shiny)
5. I have many reasons why underground 1 is da best for me.
User deactivated: User Deactivated by request
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You've forgotteen about the underground looking world too... NFSU2 was abit too 'formal' looking compared to the UG1 streets. ;)
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I agree with that though, I did like the UG1 streets better.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Especailly on a race by the Stadium where you go in the backstreets. Your car bumps like crazy on the uneven ground (Which is the first for any racing game l've ever seen) and it was hard to control your car.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Pinecone wrote:Especailly on a race by the Stadium where you go in the backstreets. Your car bumps like crazy on the uneven ground (Which is the first for any racing game l've ever seen) and it was hard to control your car.
"Forza Motosport" and "Project Gotham Racing 3" have that too. And I think "GT4" -cars also do it 8)
dotnetbeast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dotnetbeast »

Personally, besides Most Wanted, I loved Porsche Unleashed because of the amount of cars you could choose from.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

My favorite is NFS HP and HP2. other favorite's are NFSU1 and NFSII.
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

i thought actually nfs hp2 was one of the worst nfs games.
the cops were pretty bad, the graphics were great tho.
The racing was well, just racing...
It didn't have a good career mode if i remember good..
But 1 year later they definetly made that good with nfs ug :)
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

NFS 3 Hot pursuit is the best for me. I just love racing and being the cops and setting the spike strip in a thin road and watch the sparks come out of the outlaw's wheels. Here is my list of favs:

1. NFS 3 HP
2. NFSMW
3. NFSU
4. NFSU2
5. NFS HS
6. NFS HP2
7. NFS Porshe unleased

There are the NFS games I played and how I liked them.
8)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

NFS3 for me. I guess I'm being nostalgic but... OMFG! what a game! It was the best of the best in its times...

I would buy a NFS3: Reloaded (a game like NFS3 with the same tracks and cars, -maybe some more cars-, today's graphics/sounds, and obviously more like a simulator game).
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Alltough NFSPU has the best of all engines, the cars list of MW has something special I like a lot. I will choose MW at this time. Still, PU is really, really good.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

1.nfs 3
2.nfs porche
3.nfs most wanted
4.nfs highstakes
5.nfs u2
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I have to say that MW comes pretty close to my favorite NFS game NFS High Stakes.

TNFS: can't say much about it, simply the beginning... sadly lost the game somewhere sometime...

NFS 2 SE: great movies in the game gfx was not impressive compared to NFS 3 wasn't a big fan of the game but loved the intro and the info that was in the game about the cars.

NFS 3 HP/NFS 4 HS
NFS 3 was a big leap forward in the gfx department, it had reflections and leafs that where blowing in the air when you passed... it had great tracks.
Then Came NFS High Stakes wich was a upgraded verion of NFS HP, and simply because of that I find it a better game, it had a better carlist it had damage, more tracks and kept the original tracks.
NFS 3 and 4 both had cardownloads but the cars for NFS 4 where more advanced later on and looked stunning and are still build by people and kept looking better there are even track updates build that make the gfx of the tracks even better. but with all the upgrades you need a pretty good PC of such a old game. :D
They both had a nice showcase system about the real cars.

NFS PU
I did like NFS PU also it had a good damagemodel (in the garage) and a good animated driver (with a really small head) I liked that they had even more extra options for the car then NFS 3/4 you could use your headlights (on/off) the horn (both where also in NFS 3/4) but as extra you had direction indicators. wich was pretty useless but really fun.
The handling was more realistic then other NFS games but not in a bad way. the thing that made me not play it for a long time was cause there are simply only porsches and only sprint races (exept the monaco tracks) and no real police chases (there where cops but they only hit you and drove away again :? )

NFS HP2:
Did not impress me verry much, it is a nice game with cool cars and a some cool tracks but it lacked diversity in tracks there where basicly only a few areas where you could drive.
The sounds where not really good. but that could be because I'm used to the sounds in U2 and now MW.
overall the game was not really bad but nothing really special

From the underground series, I liked NFS Underground the best it was original the tracks where good and it had good styling parts the carlist was pretty good but missed some good cars. but the overall feel of the game was original and fun to play and game a Underground feel.
Underground 2 undone some of the mistakes in U1 but at the same time added alot more mistakes. they added the cars that they missed or done wrong in NFS U (Imprezza WRX STI, EVO8, Audis, RX8) but the same time they added useless cars like the H2, Navigator and Escalede) with that they overdone the tuning and made it into a pimping game where you had to make a as ugly as possible car to finish the game.
The freeroam was a nice add, but the city in general was like said before a christmas tree way to shiny. They given us alot of extra tuning stuff, the engine tuning and dyno was cool, but with the visual parts they made some serious mistakes, they added alot of stuff wich where not cool and not needed like spinners and trew away some of the cool tuningparts that where in U1 like the specific hatchback spoilers and hood decals.
In general NFS U2 was a big disapointment for me... for me it is on the bottom of the NFS list!

NFS MW, I will keep it short, a really nice game EA did learn from most mistakes made before and in general listened to the crowd. for a full review look review tread.

So my vote goes to NFS 4
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

Porsche unleashed here, although I also like NFSU:2 very much...

I'd like to see some sort of combination of these two, the more realistic feel of nfs:pu together with LOADS of cars (don't have to be of one brand ofcourse) and the customization features of NFSU:2 (not MW :( , MW sucks because they've limited customization so much and forgot many important import rides that have to be in a street racing game) oh yeah and the free roaming of NFSU:2, NFS:MW but even bigger, so with more different areas (also rural areas where you can drag-race between the farms :D )

Until now I have to say EA has failed every NFS on at least one aspect... :(
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

stig i dont know i think nfs 5 is a good game i luved it alot or maybe because im a 911 lover...yah i just couldnt wait til i got til 1970 man that was a good car 1972 911s i belive that was the yar heheh after playign that game i new all the spec's and year and modle for the car lol
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I didn't say NFS 5 was a bad game, not at all it had some really good things I still have it on my computer (also still got NFS 4, 7 and MW on the comp)
But the replayebility was lower because of the fact that you could not really upgrade the game (car model restrictions wich is hacked now), I do like Porsches alot and the 911 in specific but it still was only just 1 carbrand. and I like games where I can use more diffirent cars. so for me it is not the best.
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

I love high stakes meself, since the rest are kinda boring in comparison and high stakes -does- have car customisation, even if it's basically just slapping a bodykit on and increasing performance.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

I love High Stakes. :D
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I don't know which would top my list.

NFS PU is a really cool game but only Porsches, I don't know...(I am aware you are able to download Lamborghinins and other cars for PU that are not Porsches)

NFS HS topped my list for a while but now MW is a competitor. While the cars don't have damage and there are no downloadable cars, the city is amazing, there is more traffic (for me a good thing since it adds more life) and no doubt, in terms of police chases, MW is without a doubt, THE best game out there.

But since MW still has some UG2 traces in it, my vote would finally go to HS. I still remember, racing for pinks in career (I was with a crappy M5 against a Ferrari 550), sweating...that was real racing...no cheap catch-up or stuff like that.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

^^^Agreed completely!
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

I loved the performance tuning posibilities in Porsche Unleashed :)
Ozzey10
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ozzey10 »

Need For Speed High Stakes is mine. The diversity was awesome. I loved the alpine tracks, complete with mountain passes and avalanches!

Return to “Most Wanted”