Stupid details

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

One more thing.

Does anybody think that it is normal that when you are starting and get your wheels spun in place ("burnout") and then hit NOS your car move form halt.

Wouldn't it be normal to get more "burnout"?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Jamaleni wrote:One more thing.

Does anybody think that it is normal that when you are starting and get your wheels spun in place ("burnout") and then hit NOS your car move form halt.

Wouldn't it be normal to get more "burnout"?
The nos feature doesn't work a tall like it does in real life, except for that you get a boost when using it.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

The nos takes it as a huge ass turbo that gets extinguished after a long period of time after being used... It WOULD get more burnout because you're pushing too much speed into the wheels while it is not moving at a steady rate. But also nitrous does stabalizes the car when in an oversteer situation or when powersliding. If you feel an ounce of oversteer in real life, just press the nitrous and it'll pretty much even out the car without being phased.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Stange thing is: M3 street version has better handling than the Race version.
Possible explanation: When getting away from Cross, after you jump the big ramp, you land on the other side totalling your transmission. You go to the shop and the little guy in glasses tells you: "What? German sus`pansion struts? Ha, kid! I will have them ordered to Bremen, thay will arrive by boat in about 3 months!" And eversince, you are driving arround with a campletely useless suspension.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The M3 GTR strassenversion does feel more stable and capable of taking a corner with ease.

I started my latest career with the M3 street and have to say I like it...alot! ok it doesn't have the best top speed (302 kmh) but it got a GREAT transmission, the car just keeps on going and going... when you shift the rpm drops a little and keeps in the right zone where the power in the engine is.

Ooh about NOS... IT IS A BRAND NAME! not a product!
it should be refered to as nitrous oxide or N20 or nitro to make it easy... not NOS,

This isn't fast and furious you know. :roll:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Oh goody,somebody finally pointed that out. :D NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems.

Anyway, I havn't raced the street version yet, and probably won't be any time soon. I had to reformat my comp when I was BL #2. :cry:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Yup, I've just started a new career using the BMW M3 GTR street version as well. Apart from the fact it tops out at 180MPH, it's pretty cool! It's certainly easier than trying to beat the AI in a Punto or Cobalt!

I've also been driving the Pizza car quite a bit too (don't laugh, I like a challenge!). Strange thing is, looking close up in the garage, it is an "Econo 1.1L", which I assume makes it a 1.1 litre. I have had 140 MPH out of this car. Now. my first real-life car was a 1.0L Citroen AX - it wouldn't have cleared 90 MPH downhill with a following wind; surely the extra 100CC doesn't make that much of a difference? :?

Oh, and one other strange thing I've noticed (using the Shop Spezial) - all the traffic cars and lorries you can drive are fitted with Nitrous... people in Rockport are complete nut-jobs - why the hell would the Waste Disposal Management Services (or dustmen as they used to be known) need nitrous? Dustmen seem to take great pleasure in blocking roads normally... :D
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Koffy wrote:Stange thing is: M3 street version has better handling than the Race version.
Possible explanation: When getting away from Cross, after you jump the big ramp, you land on the other side totalling your transmission. You go to the shop and the little guy in glasses tells you: "What? German sus`pansion struts? Ha, kid! I will have them ordered to Bremen, thay will arrive by boat in about 3 months!" And eversince, you are driving arround with a campletely useless suspension.
When you add the junkaman parts to the BMW M3 GTR race version the car is just SUPER! I love it to 100%.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Oh, and one other strange thing I've noticed (using the Shop Spezial) - all the traffic cars and lorries you can drive are fitted with Nitrous... people in Rockport are complete nut-jobs - why the hell would the Waste Disposal Management Services (or dustmen as they used to be known) need nitrous? Dustmen seem to take great pleasure in blocking roads normally... :D
Oh, when they finish doing theyr job they ususally like running a couple of cuarter mile races, just to see who is the thoughtest boy in the city. You should see them speeding behind the dumpzone! real speed deamons. :twisted:
StoneNewt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneNewt »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Now. my first real-life car was a 1.0L Citroen AX - it wouldn't have cleared 90 MPH downhill with a following wind; surely the extra 100CC doesn't make that much of a difference?
It may just do that... if you drive a Fiat Punto 55 (1108cc) & 60 (1242cc) with a 4.9 final drive cog, the 55 will do a shade over 100mph, the 60 will hit the rev limiter, at ~130mph! That's the difference 134cc makes.

OT: What the <beep> were fiat thinkin' putting the 1108cc not the 1242cc engine in the Cinquecento & Seicento Sporting?
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Stupid details

Post by BeergodHappy »

[quote="^Sparco^"]

[*]7. The gear ratios are so real: 0-90kph at 1st gear.

Actually...I have owned several cars that would run 60mph (100kph) in first gear.
Always remember...You can idiot-proof anything, but you can drunk-proof nothing.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

BeergodHappy wrote:Actually...I have owned several cars that would run 60mph (100kph) in first gear.
.. shortly before they punch several conrods through the block..
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

:lol: @ GT
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
BeergodHappy wrote:Actually...I have owned several cars that would run 60mph (100kph) in first gear.
.. shortly before they punch several conrods through the block..
Never happened...I live in the United States and axle ratios in the 2.70 to 3.10 range were the norm before the advent of the overdrive transmission. It was easy and cheap to aquire a car with a 455CI (7.5litre) or larger engine that had this type of rearend. 26inch tall tires, coupled with the three speed automatic transmissions of the day would easily reach these speeds in first gear. There aren't many things scarier that driving a 3700lb car 160+mph on bias-ply tires. (I was fast...I don't claim I was safe.) Truth be known the only kind of street racing this setup was good for was high speed open road "out-and-returns", but that wasn't the discussion. I just wanted to make sure to stop the complaint before it gets to me. LOL
Always remember...You can idiot-proof anything, but you can drunk-proof nothing.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ah yep, back in the day there were plenty of three-speed cars in Oz capable of the same thng, come to think of it. Thank crap those days are over!
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Ah yep, back in the day there were plenty of three-speed cars in Oz capable of the same thng, come to think of it. Thank crap those days are over!
My bad...I thought the responses posted were nothing more than honest answers rather than mindless mud slinging...I guess I'll need to keep in mind from now on that I am not dealing with street racers, just gamers, and keep my real-world experience to myself. Thanks for the lesson. :lol: Jer
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

BeergodHappy wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:Ah yep, back in the day there were plenty of three-speed cars in Oz capable of the same thng, come to think of it. Thank crap those days are over!
My bad...I thought the responses posted were nothing more than honest answers rather than mindless mud slinging...I guess I'll need to keep in mind from now on that I am not dealing with street racers, just gamers, and keep my real-world experience to myself. Thanks for the lesson. :lol: Jer

Well...the lesson continues...it would seem that (as it has been rudely pointed out to me) Oz is not only a mythical city from Hollywood, but in fact, a city in Australia. Armed with this new information (and a revolver promised only to be used in self-defense) I humbly retreat to my corner. Jer :oops:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ooh! Eloquent sarcasm *and* humility.. I like this guy! 8)
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Ooh! Eloquent sarcasm *and* humility.. I like this guy! 8)
LOL Thanks for not crusifying me over my complete lack of knowledge of all things down under. Jer
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

It's ok, you're American and can't be expected to know of these things.. ;)
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

:D
whizzo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by whizzo »

i find it amazing how much money rockport spends on street racing... i mean, the can afford to send literaly dozens of modified corvettes and SUVs to get you... imagine the taxes you have to pay there...

i admire the relation the police officers have to life. they set up roadblocks on the highway knowing that i'll hit it at 200mph shortly. and those SUV-drivers are so brave... going head-on with 100mph against a car roaring along at 180mph.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya. and how would they even afford 2 of those corvettes?
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bernard »

Most Wanted is a nice game, but unfortunately it has some flaws:

1. You can't sell all car parts like in NFS 5.
2. No dyno tuning like in U2.
3. No visual parts and vinyls from U1 and U2, and from *enter your favourite game here*.
4. Renault Clio is a right hand drive car in game.
5. Without mods you can't use some cars in Career mode and you can't tune them like other cars.
6. No custom soundtrack.
7. No Ferrari, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Peugeot, Buick, Plymouth, Infiniti, Toyota Corolla GT-S [AE86] and Celica GT-S [ZZT231], Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX [2G] and 3000GT VR-4 [Z16A], and *enter your favourite car here*.
8. No Eastsiders from U1 in Blacklist (it would be interesting to race them).
9. You can't turn off a catch-up in Career mode.
10. You can't select a backward or mirrored track.
11. You can't paint stock and aftermarket parts like bumpers and side skirts, spoiler, doors, muffler, hood and hood scoop, trunk, roof and roof scoop, mirrors, brake calipers, stock rims, etc.
12. No custom number plates.
j7n
Ricer
Ricer

Re:

Post by j7n »

1. The player's car automatically brakes below 28 km/h, and a burnout is needed to get it going again.
2. Some races end against a wall, including in career when the player is expected to evade the police.
3. Probably Catch Up. Ranked 3 because I haven't seen it for certain yet.
4. Numerous confirmation dialogs still presented when saving the game.
5. Too often it is possible to hide in front of the police station in Rosewood.
6. 10-73s are announced some time after they've been smashed.
7. Rhinos take off after they have come near the player (hitting them or not) giving the player an opportunity for a Code 2 chase after them.
8. Player can be busted with 0 infractions and $0 in fines if he oversteps the lowest speed limit in a fresh car in sight of the police. The cutscene says "excessive speeding".
xHaZxMaTx wrote:I noticed that the burnout is very annoying. You are nearly stopped and are trying to get away from a group of cops it's almost impossible to get going because you're sliding around all over the place.
vellu wrote:Any car with let say 150 bhp+ will burnout for sure if you give it full gas on a low gear... And that's what you're doing with an "on-off" type control from a keyboard.
Thank you for the explanation. I figured the reason why a car is difficult to get going is precisely because of police presence. There was rarely a burnout in Underground 2, and even an often long "Burnout" was scored, the car was almost fully controllable. Makes for a challenge to use the Stadium for evasion if some cops survive and enter it as well.

With the car braking by itself, it seems like the developers want to "show off" the "power". I don't have Carbon now, but I recall that cars braked at cornering speeds sometimes, and it was an excercise releasing the forward key to concentrate on steering, because the car started braking. But maybe my memory is failing. Makes it awkward to cruise around the city and look at the scenery or pass a police car at slow speed, when the car stops by itself then does a burnout, repeat.

Catch Up is probably more sneaky here. I couldn't observe it even in quick race, with the exception that an AI car that I stopped on purpose was able to accelerate very fast. And opponents gather in a group eventually, even when catchup is off. Will see. It was possible to beat the game with catchup, but I may not be able to repeat it, though.

Return to “Most Wanted”