Stupid details

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Stupid details

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Let's make a list including every stupid thing you find on Need For Speed Most Wanted. Hopefully they will think of this and fix some things in future games.

Here are my 2^4 ones:

• 1. All the races are made at daylight, but the car lights are always switched ON.
    1.1 You can't turn OFF the lights, you will have to live with it. Yes, poor battery.
  • 2. You can see the driver throughout the window. However, you won't see him moving a single muscle, even when you turn right/left or shift up/down. Telekinesis is the answer. He uses the power of his mind to send a neuromagnetic signal to his intelligent car and it obeys him.
  • 3. The cop cars are destructable while the player's car is not. Contradictory.
  • 4. If you crash a traffic car @ 200mph, it slides away (just 5 meters or so). If you crash a cop car, it flies. Specially when it's a SUV. You know, the heavier a car is the easier it flies. A phisics rule.
  • 5. When you avoid a roadblock and drive away (50meters) it automatically dissapears. So if you turn 180º and go back, there isn't any cop. They were abduced by an UFO.
  • 6. You can use the pursuit breakers all the necessary times: The big donuts and the petrol stations are fixed inmediatly and they will be there again for your pursuit pleasure within some minutes. Rockport workers are so efficient!
  • 7. The gear ratios are so real: 0-90kph at 1st gear.
  • 8. When you start a pursuit and you enter the golf court, the cops are already in there. So... are cops always among the golf players by default?
  • 9. No matter how fast you go into the pursuit breakers, and no matter how far are the cops from them: You always scape and they always get owned.
  • 10. 40% of the traffic cars are News Vans or trucks carrying woods.
  • 11. A long laser light comes from your rear lights when you hit the NOS. It is useful to alert other drivers that you are using NOS, the same way a red light is activated when using the brakes.
  • 12. The windows got broken if you crash @ 10kph, but they would never fall from the car even if you crash 30 times at 200mph.
  • 13. You can always buy some rims and install them in your car, as long as your car is not called BMW M3 GTR. As everybody knows, it's impossible to change the rims of a BMW. BMW designs its cars in a way that you can't replace the wheels.
  • 14. There are cows in the countryside, but they are inanimated. Or they are sleeping, who knows. Sleeping at daylight, and in vertical position.
  • 15. Every car on the world has a horn, except yours.
  • 16. Rockport Police Department is really big. Even 15 cops can be chasing you! But you are always busted by the same curly hair dude. And he always knocks your head in the same way. Reminds The attack of the clones ---> the clones.

Hope you have had a fun time :P

Post the ones you have found here!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Stupid details

Post by PSZeTa »

^Sparco^ wrote:1. All the races are made at daylight, but the car lights are always switched ON.
1.1 You can't turn OFF the lights, you will have to live with it. Yes, poor battery.
Poor battery? The battery is recharging while driving.
^Sparco^ wrote:2. You can see the driver throughout the window. However, you won't see him moving a single muscle, even when you turn right/left or shift up/down. Telekinesis is the answer. He uses the power of his mind to send a neuromagnetic signal to his intelligent car and it obeys him.
True, you really pay attention to the driver when being chased. :P

+ Racing women from the Blacklist gives you male drivers! D:
^Sparco^ wrote:3. The cop cars are destructable while the player's car is not. Contradictory.
It'd be impossible to play the game because you'd wreck your car every second.
^Sparco^ wrote:4. If you crash a traffic car @ 200mph, it slides away (just 5 meters or so). If you crash a cop car, it flies. Specially when it's a SUV. You know, the heavier a car is the easier it flies. A phisics rule.
phisics = physics. :P
^Sparco^ wrote:5. When you avoid a roadblock and drive away (50meters) it automatically dissapears. So if you turn 180º and go back, there isn't any cop. They were abduced by an UFO.
:')
^Sparco^ wrote:6. You can use the pursuit breakers all the necessary times: The big donuts and the petrol stations are fixed inmediatly and they will be there again for your pursuit pleasure within some minutes. Rockport workers are so efficient!
Pff, lazy bums there in Spain. :P
^Sparco^ wrote:7. The gear ratios are so real: 0-90kph at 1st gear.
There is nothing wrong with 90 kph in 1st gear.
^Sparco^ wrote:8. When you start a pursuit and you enter the golf court, the cops are already in there. So... are cops always among the golf players by default?
I believe it was their hangout place.
^Sparco^ wrote:9. No matter how fast you go into the pursuit breakers, and no matter how far are the cops from them: You always scape and they always get owned.
*sigh* Dumb cops.
^Sparco^ wrote:10. 40% of the traffic cars are News Vans or trucks carrying woods.
Gotta report the news and rebuild the donutbuildings.
^Sparco^ wrote:11. A long laser light comes from your rear lights when you hit the NOS. It is useful to alert other drivers that you are using NOS, the same way a red light is activated when using the brakes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser

Jeez.. Laser coming from the taillights.

Btw, it's N20. zomg t3h ricer alert! _O-
^Sparco^ wrote:12. The windows got broken if you crash @ 10kph, but they would never fall from the car even if you crash 30 times at 200mph.
Did you even test it? I don't believe you! D:<
^Sparco^ wrote:13. You can always buy some rims and install them in your car, as long as your car is not called BMW M3 GTR. As everybody knows, it's impossible to change the rims of a BMW. BMW designs its cars in a way that you can't replace the wheels.
Blame EA.
^Sparco^ wrote:14. There are cows in the countryside, but they are inanimated. Or they are sleeping, who knows. Sleeping at daylight, and in vertical position.
Drink some beer, they might move after a while.
^Sparco^ wrote:15. Every car on the world has a horn, except yours.
Gotta save some weight in your tunerride.
^Sparco^ wrote:16. Rockport Police Department is really big. Even 15 cops can be chasing you! But you are always busted by the same curly hair dude. And he always knocks your head in the same way. Reminds The attack of the clones ---> the clones.
It's not the same curly hair dude.

Clones, yeah.

I had a fun time making up dumb answers.

Some make sense, some don't. :P
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Another whining thread :D.
These are becoming quite popular.
lol wut
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Haha dude thats so funny...
I lol-ed so much today!!!

If u found more post them cuz its soo funny... :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

So popular maybe someone should create a bugging thread for this game.. :D
^Sparco^ wrote:16. Rockport Police Department is really big. Even 15 cops can be chasing you! But you are always busted by the same curly hair dude. And he always knocks your head in the same way. Reminds The attack of the clones ---> the clones.
I've been arrested by a female cop.... :D
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

your car doesnt get damage simply because they are brand name cars, and as I guess it was in the past NFS Games the companies won't let EA make damage on their cars, but Police and traffic cars are non-brand name and just made by ea and so they can have damage. I guess the paint is aftermarket and therefore can get scratched lol

About the guy driving this game is not a sim, it is more of a racing arcade game rather than a simulation so if ur looking for realism go play some GT4 or Forza or something related. One thing I do hope they fixed is the gear ratios and speeds, they should be lower than they show there, at least the cars just go from 0 -60 way too fast just in the lower middle of the game with just race and pro mods....
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Lol? :P
korge
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

no! rofl!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

_I3urlNlouT_ wrote:your car doesnt get damage simply because they are brand name cars, and as I guess it was in the past NFS Games the companies won't let EA make damage on their cars, but Police and traffic cars are non-brand name and just made by ea and so they can have damage. I guess the paint is aftermarket and therefore can get scratched lol
But the Copcars are also brand name cars (GTO, Corvette,...) and they CAN be damaged :? :?
About the guy driving this game is not a sim, it is more of a racing arcade game rather than a simulation so if ur looking for realism go play some GT4 or Forza or something related.
Yeah, in Forza M. the driver moves in every possible direction. You can even see him change gear or pull the handbrake :shock:
Oddball_E8
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Oddball_E8 »

as you can in GT4... but those are both RACING SIMS, this is an arcade racer... not the same thing
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

Pabl0z wrote:Another whining thread :D.
These are becoming quite popular.
Hey, at least Sparco's are kinda entertaining (as opposed to the complaining about MW not being U3, or not having certain cars because of licensing reasons that have nothing to do with EA).
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

About the lights being always on on the car. I don't know about Spain but here in Canada, a car's headlights are ALWAYS on (except when the car is turned off).
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Stupid details

Post by vellu »

Ditto for here in Finland aswell. You might even get a ticket for driving without lights, even in the summertime. In winter, well there's about 5 hours of daylight this time of year so you can't see anything without lights anyway.

In many car models sold here the headlights are on automatically. You have to manually switch to parking lights if you want them off and even then your parks are lit.
^Sparco^ wrote:[*]9. No matter how fast you go into the pursuit breakers, and no matter how far are the cops from them: You always scape and they always get owned.
I think there was some (lame) excuse somewhere in the game infos or helps, that said that even if the cop cars aren't hit by the debris, they will stop to assist civilians. Makes sense in real life... But in the game: a poor excuse for simply coding "all cops stop/die on pursuit breaker impact".
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

also you can't choose the track direction (forward, reverse) for a drag track or any track. And there isn't heat level option like the Xbox 360 demos (i saw that in the tgs video)
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

Its sometimes annoying seeing a SUV happy heading to u at 100mph+ head on..its like....those cops have some SERIOUS guts to do that, i mean...they are more like suicide trucks....they are risking their life so much O.O
Top_Gear
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Top_Gear »

17. When i'm racing down the street not making any turns and the cop falls some way behind, they suddenly turn around and head in the other direction, leaving me unharassed?
Wow, i must have some really good budies out there who tell the cops they've just seen a crazy driver in a Porsche go in the opposite direction eh. :?
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

this game is VERY glitchy, i will be riding along a wall when i cant make the turn and all the sudden i stop dead. ON A SMOOTH WALL!! there are so many glitches, there is one whener the yellow arrows that guide you in races, anyway it sticks out from where its supposed to and so its jagged, stoping you dead if you hit it while going along the wall, there are about 7-8 of these that i have found, and i bet there are more, they really suck.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

NFSBLUECIVIC wrote:this game is VERY glitchy, i will be riding along a wall when i cant make the turn and all the sudden i stop dead. ON A SMOOTH WALL!! there are so many glitches, there is one whener the yellow arrows that guide you in races, anyway it sticks out from where its supposed to and so its jagged, stoping you dead if you hit it while going along the wall, there are about 7-8 of these that i have found, and i bet there are more, they really suck.
Stop riding walls and start making real turns.

About the lights, whats wrong with driving with them on ? I would drive my car with them on all the time if they were prettier but I dont want to bring more attention to my car...

And if u read I said this isnt a sim so ppl shouldn't complain about things like the guy driving, at least this time EA made the inside of the car visible.

I didnt know that some cop cars were brand named, at least I saw the GTO's but thought maybe they were replicas, and haven't seen the corvette but I do believe they're there... anyways... I think this is a pretty good damage combination on the game.

One thing I dislike is the cars flying everywhere too much, it gets annoying after a while...
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

I've noticed pretty much all that has been listed, quite funny, although annoyed me that the driver doesn't move while driving, HP2 was awesome because of that... i loved looking at the front of my car then changing gear...

I also find it funny that in almost every arrest situation the driver assualts the cop... Even if its a female cop, and he always get owned... Nice!! 8)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

he why isn't Sparco replying?

I agree with some things but some are simply Idiotic sparco...

who cares that the lights are on? yeah I would rather have seen a light option like in nfs 4. and a animated driver would be cool also.

I know that they do not use Headlights at daylight in spain, from the countries around the mediteranian and further south, they hardly know what lights are for. the rest of europe uses them also on daylight, want to know the reason??

BECAUSE IT IS SAVE! you can see people from furter away :roll:
ever noticed that the traffic (in game) has it's lights on also? never came in handy? I like it that the traffic cars in the game have lights on you can see them way in front so you can avoid them more easy.

Just like a lightswitch the horn is a mis, I loved to horn and flash my lights in NFS4.

who cares about the cows... really you sould stop staring at the background and RACE!

the fast rebuilding is sometimes pretty damn fast, but he.. it saved my a** a few times already. but it would be better if it was reset when you inter a building orso.

be glad the game has a bit of damage! U2 had NONE!

I asume you don't have the full game don't you sparco?

cause then you would know there are way more traffic cars then the news van and log truck :wink:

to name a few:
- log truck (distructeble cargo)
- container truck
- car transport truck (distructeble cargo)
- wooden container truck
- concrete tuck
- watertuck (or some other fluid (small truck)
- several normal cars
- a pizza car
- firetruck

the list of cars is alot better then in the U series... I love the fact that they added trucks again...

btw you forgot something...

where are all the people golfing? shopping etc? :wink:
maybe it is a spannish city... Los Rockaportas..

they all have siesta :wink:

we all know the game could be better, and some silly things fixed like the hangout place for policeofficers... the golfcourse... abit weird but that is how AI was build... maybe next time abit better... a slight AI improvement would be nice (but I know why some things like disapearing roadblocks are there and cops out of nothing.. saves computing power... :wink:

lets how EA does listen to some things, they did listed to comments made after U1 and U2
some things where added and some left. (and some good things (for some) left also)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Agree here with Stig, but also adding to the fact that there is only limited damage to the cars, i think if the car could be damaged alot, maybe the lamborghini's and austin martins wouldnt be in the game, cuz the manufacturers wouldnt want their cars damaged... (maybe)...

I think that the game is good like this, but Sparco said stuff like the cows and the driver not moving because they support the title of the post, "STUPID DETAILS"... Although ppl might not care about these details i think they were quite funny...

And about the trucks, i love that you can go under the trucks while movin on the roads... I found it very useful and fun to go at high speed, use the speedbreaker, and go under the truck, or go very fast and hit the truck that has logs on it, so the logs would go smashing on the police beside me... (Although it isnt realistic, but its so cool)...
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

16. The wheels are moving even before the car moves --- It has been raining alot.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

That's called 'burnout'. :P
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Andre_online wrote:That's called 'burnout'. :P
:lol: :roll:
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Isn't it funny how you can hear your wheels squeal on the golf course but it's grass so your wheels shouldn't make any noise :lol:

Return to “Most Wanted”