Hamachi Server for UG2

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Hamachi Server for UG2

Post by RedCarDriver »

I'm going to try something: running a Hamachi server for Underground 2. I've downloaded Hamachi and I've started the server; not sure if I need to be online for this to work, but still. Could some of you guys test it out? (arrange it in advance so you guys can all be online at the same time)
Name: "N F S U 2 - O n l i n e - S u p e r F u n" without the spaces or quotation marks
Password: "w 0 0 t n 3 s s" without the spaces or quotation marks
Fogell
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Hamachi Server for UG2

Post by Fogell »

People still play UG2?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Fogell wrote:People still play UG2?
Yeah. I myself do; not often but I do occasionally. Of course online is down and that has drastically reduced the number of active UG2 players, but still.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I would rather play U1 in terms of online play, much better tracks and a much better online system in general (rooms etc)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

TheStig wrote:I would rather play U1 in terms of online play, much better tracks and a much better online system in general (rooms etc)
Uh, sure, I think this'll work for UG1 as well; just use the LAN tool and find a room or something...
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sorry if it doesn't seem like it works; I figured out something that it won't work without.

Go to your UG2 install dir and find server.cfg. Open it with NotePad and comment out the last line (add a # in front of it) and it should work, sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to “Underground 2”