URL Races and Unique Parts

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
evilclown
Stock
Stock

URL Races and Unique Parts

Post by evilclown »

I would like to ask how do URL races show up in the game? i am planning to get the audi quattro which unlocks in the last url in stage 3 and let the audi quattro have all the unique parts. Last time i tried upon unlocking the audi the game was moved to stage 4 which made me unable to get the uniques because of it. (I didn't claim the parts).

also is it possible to have the unique hood on stage 2 installed on the quattro in career mode?
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Re: URL Races and Unique Parts

Post by viper16 »

its a Yellowish gold track icon. Only way to get all the Uniques is to do all the URL races first get the car do the outruns then you got your uniques. yes look in the Underground 2 section for mods on here and theres a mod to put all uniques on all your career cars.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't think cheating is his the way he wants to have it.

Anyways, unique parts can be won by doing outruns. Check out the NFSU2 FAQ for more. Your questions, more or less, should have been answered there. ;)
evilclown
Stock
Stock

Post by evilclown »

i know how to get unique upgrades. The only thing i'm asking if it is possible to have the unique upgrades in stage 3 installed on the quattro, in my case when i entered the URL which unlocks the quattro, upon finishing the race, I am moved to stage 4 already, I missed the outruns for the unique parts.

Anyone here have their unique parts in stage 3 installed in their quattro's without cheating?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

In that case you have to roam around an area for that particular Unique upgrade. Certain areas are unlocked upon successful progression of each stage - which means Unique upgrade stages are based upon locations. Go back to the area prior to the area which you have just unlocked after the URL.

Roam around and do as many Outruns as you can until you get the Unique upgrade. :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

No, that doesn't work - once you're bumped up to Stage X, there's no going back down.

I do have a potential solution, but I'm not sure it will work (and I know that it only works for one part at a time): race outruns until you UNLOCK the unique-earning "star" race, do the URL, buy your car, and then do the "star" race? I think I tried this, but it only works for one part at a time and then you start missing the races anyway.

If this doesn't work, cheating is your only option. Heck, I got a fully-uniqued R34 and it had 545HP before I removed the exhaust upgrades (which I did to make it have the stock exhaust sound) - it's awesome to drive.
RazTaz11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RazTaz11 »

I think you need to buy, race, URL.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

RazTaz11 wrote:I think you need to buy, race, URL.
URL doesn't unlock unique parts...
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStalker »

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I feel this needs a clear answer not based on false data.
evilclown wrote:The only thing i'm asking if it is possible to have the unique upgrades in stage 3 installed on the quattro
No, not without cheating of some kind. The quattro is unlocked in the last URL of stage 3, once you finish that URL you move on to stage 4 and everything left from stage 3 disappears (except bank and info beacons), including unique part world events.

You cannot go back to an earlier stage, it's impossible. It doesn't matter at all where the outrun race is run. Why they didn't make the uniques appear in the shop for all cars to buy once won is beyond me, but that's the way it is. An easy way to get the unique performance upgrades with any car is hex-editing.
Smiaw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Smiaw »

No, not without cheating of some kind.

Oh, I would rather put it as : "Technically no, but Hexically yes!"
Or for those who doesn't Hex, try something like "Parts-Modifier" .

Return to “Underground 2”