nfsu2 online

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Grimecent
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

nfsu2 online

Post by Grimecent »

i was wondering if my mind serves me correctly ea said EVERYTHING available off line is availabe online so can we use free rome online?
Grimecent
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Grimecent »

ok the reason i asked this question is because i wanted to ask u guys IF we do have free roam online i was wondering i u thought burnout comps would be cool ok heres how theyd go down u start out at an intersection with 7 other players blocking trafic around the edge of the intersection then u do burnouts staying inside the intersection using hydrolics aswel to make ur car do sik tricks then when ur down u stop in the middle and if the person on the outside liked it they put the front of the car up using hydrolics if they didnt they would put the back down so wat do ya think could this work if we had free roam online???
p.s i would like to hear some feedback
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yes
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i was messin around with a buddy online.. u can do hydraulics in a circuit, dont know about the online free roam, i think ive read about it in some post... also, has anyone ever jumped up and started riding and kept the front wheels up in the air?? cause ive done it, however it didnt last long, maybe 2 seconds tops
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

lol, if so, it would be a "fake" free roam in some way, cause you ride around the town, but you won't have (cause this is sure) the thousands of other online players' cars in the streets, so in some way nothing would change between free roam offline and online. btw, I know it's impossible to make you see all the other online cars (this was just a theory), but I think it's cool the same

...btw, I won't play online until I'll have a broad band connection....so I think I must wait a lot :?
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i'd like to have outrun online though
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well Outrun online is confirmed, from what I saw in GameSpot's interiew with Greg Uhler... :?
robitrice1921
Ricer
Ricer

Post by robitrice1921 »

There is free roam online i read this of a forum that was linked of eagames
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

if you can race outrun you have probably a room where you can enter... and enter the city
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

a free roaming city would be ideal, its like a real city, with peoples cars going wherever they may go, but i think there is no free roam online... i think mike farrar posted that a while back in the news section :roll:
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Here's a piece u can read http://n4s.f7c-network.com/index.php?id ... 98a908c20a:

1. If there would be the possibility to drive ONLINE through the whole
freeroaming enviroment city - wouldn't be there traffic jam all the time?

Online play will feature the entire world at the player’s disposal in Outrun Mode, where up to four players are able to compete in the open world.

So guess there will be a free roam online + outrun, but the demo online lobby sucked big time imho. I was really really dissapointed. Screen kept refreshing, filter was dissapointing. We created a game on 1 pc, couldn't find it on the other. Chat interface only inside a created game, no <TAB> buttonpress to start chat...

And I thought I read that the created games (drift, circuit etc) would be visible in the freeroam environment by an icon above the players car... But none of that also... :cry: I HOPE it will be in the full game.

Really curious what others think...
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

Online play will feature the entire world at the player’s disposal in Outrun Mode, where up to four players are able to compete in the open world.
??? outrun mode with 4 players?? that would be kind of cool, but what happens when the last person is over 1000feet, only he gets eliminated??? and the rest continues, or does the first dude win?
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

That sounds right! :wink: :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

damage was also confirmed but i dont see any....
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

EmptyWords wrote: ??? outrun mode with 4 players?? that would be kind of cool, but what happens when the last person is over 1000feet, only he gets eliminated??? and the rest continues, or does the first dude win?
first dude to win ;) and there is going to be a 6 car grid 8) But it is so hard! You can drive for, like, forever! I tried it in the demo but the distance is measured in a straight line! So someone can take a different way than u but if u drive parallel to it ur still close ;)

:arrow: But how about the online lobby you guys, what did u think of it :?: :?: :?:
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

no, when the last player in the outruns goes over 1000 feet he'll become an observer and the rest goes on, till there's just one racer left :D
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I found that once you got some distance b/w another car, u have to check the map closely to see what direction he's going in. Cuz u can drive a completely different route, but catch up on the other by taking shortcuts orso 8) This part is going to be very hard online! If 4 guys know the roaming environment really well it is going to be extremely hard to outrun the other. This was funny: I tried to outrun the AI car to take a hard right turn into the slippery road. He was right behind me, I started braking, but he outbraked me on the inside. I, ofcourse, missed the turn completely (too fast: greed :s) but it turned out to be a great manouvre, cuz I went straight ahead, and he went right :D:D I won YAY
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I doubt so... I read an article once about this, it said that you HAVE to follow the leader, otherwise you'll be faaaaaaaarrr way back....

Don't know whether your tactics will work, but I'll try it someday, and I hope it works... ;)
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

That's right, but try it in the demo, you can take different routes! The distance is measured in a straight line 8) The only thing that doesn't work is to make a 180 turn and drive towards the following car. That is where you lose the lead... But if you make a 180 and take a road parallel to it in the direction of the following car, you only narrow the distance down, but ur still in the lead...

Return to “Underground 2”