Drive properly....you dun nd to slide on walls..;)

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
dal2010
Ricer
Ricer

Drive properly....you dun nd to slide on walls..;)

Post by dal2010 »

kk ive read several topics abotu sliding on e walls... but i realise one thing you dun nd to use e walls to get gd track records.. its the technique that counts...
im on manual..and stability control is off...
my 48.05 lap time was with a full blast of NOS without crapping on those ass walls...
48.35 was with the walls... maybe im not that gd with the walls but my conclusion is that although you may finish a corner faster...you travel more distance...by taking the outskirts of the turn....
think about it ;) (max NOS)

btw i nd help...some1 plss enlighten me how to break the 47 barrier... the bez ive got is 48.04.... ive never got 48 n below

BrianOconnor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BrianOconnor »

u go faster
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

enlighten me how to break the 47 barrier
slide on the walls.
BrianOconnor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BrianOconnor »

what is wall sliding? someone please explain it and how to do it please..... thanks
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

If you ride automatic, do try manual gearbox, it will allow you to shift at a lot higher RPM and allow earlier start on the next gear, still seeing if I can use my NFSU shift technique that is pretty deadly.
dal2010
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dal2010 »

i never drive auto it sux...
as i said... sliding on walls gave me a timing of 48.35...so something more constructive pls
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i started reading the first sentence, and then i realised how you mispell practically every word. i bet you would mispell the word "I" im not even sure it is a word, but i bet you would mispell it, can anyone translate it for me?? all i know is that he said you dont have to slam into walls to get good times.
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

To have good speeds by riding a wall you just need to slide in a good angle.
You can't just crash into the wall... you need to smoothly touch it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Empty words.... can you be nicer... not everyone is raised with English you know!?
BuzZBladE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BuzZBladE »

I have ran 8:08 in 10 laps using the walls for grinding, typically running 46-48 every lap, even no nos 47s. you need more practice if your still running over 50 seconds 8/10 laps. Some people are getting high 45s too. Use the red or the yellow car is the only advice i can give you without actually racing you.
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

I was tryin to say that for making a good wallriding curve you need to slide the side of your car in the wall.
When you put it on the perfect way you will get out of this bends at 180/190 km's.
Hope I have been more clear because I can't be any more clear
dal2010
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dal2010 »

they're just my typo errors... well... has any1 done below 48 without hitting those dumb walls?? cause i don't like to use the walls haha.. the turn dosent look nice lol
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

^^^^^^ that is someone I like!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I guess it is just me, but I prefer to switch off the Stability Control, turn into the corner early, get the back end out and power slide around every corner, just like Colin MaCrae. It just looks cooler in the replays than sliding off the walls IMHO.

The lap times don't bother me so much, as long as I still win the race.

And as an aside, I agree with The Stig - as an Englishman who speaks/writes schoolboy French and very poor German - English is a damned hard language to learn. I admire anyone who can write and speak a foreign language with any degree of understandability (and I think I just made that last word up!)
spastik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by spastik »

this is real funny, my freind tom recons he created wall sliding just after gran turismo 2 came out. HE INVENTED IT?! yeah right. wat an idiot. :roll:
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

Lol...be carefull...maybe he's going to make a lawsuit against us all for using wall sliding :P
BuzZBladE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BuzZBladE »

ok new record for me, 7:56 in 10 laps
you can see a screenshot of my times at
http://buzzblade.serverbob.org/bz10laps.jpg

frankly, in the demo, if your not wall grinding and you race me chances are very good you wont even finish the race. an ea support member on another forum actually asked the public what they didnt like and even he called the wall grinding silly and that was at the top of the list he was sending to the developers, so everyone cross thier fingers and hope the walls get super sticky in the final version so we actually have a chance of passing someone on every corner instead of only straight area nos battles.
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

BuzZBladE you use the yellow 350z? or the red one?
dal2010
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dal2010 »

so looks like theres no way to do it under 48 without grinding those dumb walls?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

looks like it... but then again... I'm not even trying to get that low.. aslong as I can beat the computer and race with friends online I'm happy

Return to “Underground 2”