Players' Thoughts about NFSU2

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
celluzion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: Singapore, Asia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

Post by celluzion »

I personally feel damage is unneeded in this game. This isn't the wide open roads, you crash at almost every bend, and you'll start to tear your hair out the hundredth time you send it for repairs.

In all, it's a fun game, it's an arcade game, and it should stay that way. You want realism, play GT4 or something. There isn't a hint of realism in the game, and that's the way it's meant to be like.

Coppers would be interesting, IF implemented well. Personally, I would like them to appear AFTER your race, and the chances of them appearing depend on your race time, faster, a less chance of them appearing, a snails pace would increase the chances of them appearing. Then you'll go in an "Outrun-ish" mode, where you have to outrun the cop by what, 2000 feet? For them to catch you, it'll be the ole' NFS way, they immobilize you.

Time for the aspects of the game.

Starting with gameplay, it's great, a big change from the dreary monotony of the menus from NFSU. The open roads are great, GTA-like, there's not much that you can do, except drive around like a maniac, but it's still great fun, especially if you've got a steering wheel. Call me weird, but I used to "pretend" I was in a car review show like Top Gear. Take a car, drive it around the test track, cue The Stig, great fun with my steering wheel back then, too bad it's all buggered up.

The graphics are plain and simple, good, but not revolutionary, you can tell the cars lack something, and if you compare it to screenshots from Juiced, you'll see what I mean.

Sounds, now that's revolutionary, EA have used their own engine for the Sound Effects, and it's brilliant, the cars sound like they should be, you can hear the Turbocharger whining when you're driving along like a maniac.

Music in the game is rubbish, it's like listening to a bunch of amateurs banging away at their instruments, and their new theme song, is complete utter rubbish, they should have used Chingy's song. My first impression upon loading the game was "Wtf were they thinking with this song?"

Replayability, for me, is rather good, it's just loads of fun trying out the cars you missed out on your previous run, and the trainers out there inject a whole load of fun, especially when you start out with a Mustang or a Evo.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Celluzion, the song isn't crap, depends on taste(but yes, it's the worst song snoopdogg featured :) )
What I really miss in any racing game is this for an example: When you change gears, the cars stays still, calm, it goes like you actually didn't change the gear, you know what I mean? I want the car to be more dinamic during shifting gears, to look more realistic, throwing the back end when accelerating and that stuff.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Re: Players' Thoughts about NFSU2

Post by evilmegamonkey »

[quote="VladikRudy0017"]I liked the game its just to many options is not too good. its cool if there are mirrors and other parts but there are too many bumpers and spoilers, and i dont know but it feels wierd. Plus i think they could have put more cars, and i didnt see the showroom mode, there were visual glitches., and i still havent seen visual damage.[/quote]

I Would Have liked to have seen more spoilers
macdaddy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by macdaddy »

did anyone else get annoyed at the song named "nobody" by skindred? it was terrible jamaican-infused nu-metal!
proxnet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by proxnet »

SunnyGTiR wrote:i dont like that there is not much of a story, no faces to names/voices, no rivalries. just a big city with lots of random import racers, no gangs, no friends or enimies. i miss that stuff from UG1. i wish the game was more money based, eg. all parts and cars are available, and u have to choose to go for upgrading your old car, or trading it in.
whoa :!:

i fell ug-2 is way better than ug-1 m8 :)
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Amen. But there are qualities that NFSU:1 had that were good.

Post by Guest »

I wish the garage display and the moving car with different angles in NFSU1 is still used with NFSU2.

It looks more realistic than what they've done with NFSU2.
proxnet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by proxnet »

gucci wrote:I wish the garage display and the moving car with different angles in NFSU1 is still used with NFSU2.

It looks more realistic than what they've done with NFSU2.
nah.....i like the nfsu-2 looks much better...it's looks like ur in a garage whereas u-1 makes no sense cuz ur cars movin' when ur not in it?? :shock:

also as for the angles of the car if ur a little patient then u'll se that the angle of the car in the garage does change.

THey shud make it like nfs -pu where the car keeps rotating...that's much better.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

well you can rotate the angles of the car, by pressing and holding the middle mouse button, then moving your mouse around.... it took me quite a while to figure that out :lol:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Why didn't ea but that in the control options :?:
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

I don't like NFSU2 , it sucks compared to NFSU , boring driving around trying to figure out game , what to do , sorry I won't be buying any more EA NFSU racing games . Just wasted my time trying to figure out the game , got no where . Oh well back to FFXI . They should have put more hints in the game about how to play or what to do next . The game just seems pointless to drive around city to see the sponsor's advertisements , "Oh look I just drove by Burger King and Best Buy " . End of Rant . :?
hoboism
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hoboism »

[quote="John T, Herder"]I don't like NFSU2 , it sucks compared to NFSU , boring driving around trying to figure out game , what to do , sorry I won't be buying any more EA NFSU racing games ?[/quote]

guess u should've got the demo first.....
ferrari24
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ferrari24 »

the game was great, but it could use more cars and a even bigger city, they should make an expansion pack
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

Yeah that sounds good but I heard that mostwanted has more customization more cars and more free roam
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

Better variety of cars would have been good IMO

Minimum 30...

oh well :roll:
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

ya more cars would have been a lot coler and better.
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

i wonder why they made a US version and a EU version...why not put all the cars (civic, RSX, corsa and 106) in ONE game...
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

cause ea sucks thats why...
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

look the guys from ea should do a better thing whit the next nfs because ug2 is not too great it is boring.
ghost10
Stock
Stock

Post by ghost10 »

underground 2 is great u guys just cant figure that out can u?the objective is to act like a real street racer...so for that u have to run around the city to find the races like a real street racer does.underground1 compared to underground 2 is nothing, the only disadvantage of underground2 is not having the honda s2000
Skyline_Master
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skyline_Master »

I like the game, and the game's more honest than its successor. Controls and gameplay improved, but the traffic AI only slightly. It's annoying to go in an Outrun, and another car appears out of the blue and cuts you off, and you collide. blowing the race for you.

It has improved since 2003's NFSU1, but some cars I wish returned. The Neon and S2000, to name a few, were good to see in NFSU1. If they appeared again in NFSU2, they'd be one of the fastest cars. Back to the game: for the PC edition, if you want good controls, you'd be better off getting a GamePad.

The scores
NFSU1: 7.2/10 (not an average score)
NFSU2: 8.6/10 (not an average score)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Anyone ever notice how the Miata has a completely different FB? I've never seen iot before on any Miata, and I'm also surprised the didn't use the MazdaSpeed Miata.
There's a stock body kit on some 2nd generation Miata's, but I can't seem to find any pics. The Miata in the game doesn't have the foglamps on the FB. :?
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

looks like a normal miata to me..
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The one in the game? It has a different FB.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

Gripes with Underground 2
Not enough tuner cars ie., Integra, Prelude, CRX, Mustang Cobra's, BMW's, i mean i can go on.

Also would like to desighn an interior, since were designing trunks, might as well.

Deffinetly needs a better visual rating system or none at all, because my 10 car looks like crap.

More Vinyl layers and selections, customizeable decal locations and colors, customizable decals.

and would it be so hard to get tuner manufactuer car body equipment, u got everything else, y use Apocolypse body kits?

And whats with career mode, dat whole thing was just lame.

alright i'm done griping.

Return to “Underground 2”