NOTICE: Showroom Voting Practices

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NOTICE: Showroom Voting Practices

Post by GT3x24x7 »

While the showroom voting practices exhibited by the vast majority of NFSUnlimited users are fair and equitable, NFSUnlimited Staff are frankly sick to death of the practices of a select few and the problems and complaints that they cause.

Consequently, in accordance with the NFSunlimited General Rules that all users agree to abide by during the registration process, staff are now taking earnest and decisive action to eliminate the problem.

One of the more common strategies employed involves the creation of multiple user accounts - sometimes in excess of twenty nicks - which are all used to unfairly vote cars up and down in the showrooms. This is particularly easy to track down.

As can be seen by the first rule in the book, multiple accounts are not tolerated. Consequently, more than fifty such accounts have been deactivated in past days, resulting in an inability for the users to login to those accounts. We have alse deleted all showroom votes that were given by the accounts.

This has also produced a minor shakeup in the showrooms as the bogus votes are removed and we begin to see things as they really are.

We are still at work on the problem. We have a vested interest in keeping NFSUnlimited a great place to be. Amongst other things, that means keeping it clean, open and fair.

GT3x24x7
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

nice
vut there are still downvoters that you miss :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NOTICE: Showroom Voting Practices

Post by GT3x24x7 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:We are still at work on the problem.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

lol, they can only do so much. appreciate the help. :wink: but i reaaaally think that we should be able to see who voted on ur car. it would help. :lol:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

wowirace wrote:lol, they can only do so much. appreciate the help. :wink: but i reaaaally think that we should be able to see who voted on ur car. it would help. :lol:
nah, i think it's better that way.
so the downvoters think this is their chance...but all the get is a deleted account
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I have 2 accounts...

My brother is Eclipse_Storm or something like that. He uploaded a rice car to the showroom, but he never rates.

Is there any problem? If yes delete HIS account (LOL)
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

wowirace wrote:lol, they can only do so much. appreciate the help. :wink: but i reaaaally think that we should be able to see who voted on ur car. it would help. :lol:
I have to say.....I agree with you. Retaliation...nope. You can learn a lot from one person by the way he vote. And you can compare. That´s it. :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^Sparco^ wrote:I have 2 accounts...

My brother is Eclipse_Storm or something like that. He uploaded a rice car to the showroom, but he never rates.

Is there any problem? If yes delete HIS account (LOL)
We are aware that this situation occurs and so we're careful to check with the user(s) if there's any doubt. In your case Sparco, both accounts would recieve a 'please explain' message and we'd take it from there, depending on the response.

However, when it's plain and clear from the voting what has been going on, the accounts and votes are removed immediately and wothout notice.

Pelado wrote:
I have to say.....I agree with you. Retaliation...nope. You can learn a lot from one person by the way he vote. And you can compare. That´s it. :wink:
This is the precise reason why the ability to see who voted was removed. It resulted in a lot of so-called 'revenge' voting. Believe me, things are much better the way they are now.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

GT3x24x7 wrote:This is the precise reason why the ability to see who voted was removed. It resulted in a lot of so-called 'revenge' voting. Believe me, things are much better the way they are now.
No problem. I accept that. I don´t agree but I accept it.
Btw if some guy made a so-called revenge vote...c´mon, grow up.
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

Thats good,really good...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

So does upvoting and downvoting also apply to the showroom challenges, like the Pink challenge and what not.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Sir Ibi wrote:So does upvoting and downvoting also apply to the showroom challenges, like the Pink challenge and what not.
it shouldn't. you should rate challenhe cars by it's purpose not by it's looks. i see the pink challenge cars have very low ratings. well i didn't go below a 5 because none of them are bad.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

lol, now i see y the "see votes" thing was removed. u guyz had the rite motive. lol, sumtimes ppl make a new account cuz they dont like the name of their current account. AHEM, Sparco. :roll:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

There is no doubt that users will vote using a different system in the challenges. I myself vote only 'within the comp' - the worst car(s) get a 1, the best get a 10 and the rest fall somewhere in between.

However, vote manipulation in the challenges is still very easy for us to spot and it is being dealt with.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

I ask this in challenges ideas with no response: why not made all classic challenges a hidden name and votes competition?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

We do this at our discretion, and as you're probably aware we've run such comps in the past. Keeping identities secret does have certain advantages, however it doesn't eliminate down or upvoting, expecially not the latter.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Agree.But with a hidden name competition you focuses on the car and not in who made it. This can clear a little more the votes.
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

It amazes me how far people will go to get a good rating on their car.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I rarely give 10 out of 10 votes when I vote, it is rather difficult to do for me, but I never vote down or up, HELLO whats the point, there is no prize other than a title, I do it for the fun and in this kind of "game" I just don't see the point in using these kind of "cheats"
I don't know if it is just me who is getting too old or what (I am 19 but I feel too old ;) )

Oh and GT, be careful around my IP, I post from the school and I am unsure if me and Morty got the same IP (Same school but diffrent location not sure if we are on the same network)
So be careful around some of us, you may hurt many more than the intended.

In the future, I will keep to my voting policy, I vote on what I like and I check out other peoples garages every now and then, though I doubt 25 cars is enough when this gets going ;)
Oh well, time to go back to the old peoples home (joke) and keep doing my thing with the showroom and NFSU 2.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

No problems. We go further than simple IP matching in this. Voting patterns are carefully investigated, amongst other things. If there's still doubt when we're through, the user(s) is/are contacted for an explanation.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

It's funny what people do just to be famous on the internet :roll: . Yes i am talking about the lifeless down and upvoters.
sphinxman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sphinxman »

I think that somebody downvoted my rsx.. how can I find who was he??? can I see a list of the voters somehow???
peace 8)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yes, you were downvoted. It's now fixed.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

im really glad the the nfsunlimited staff has taken some more notice of the downvoting situation.
thanx admin! :)
sphinxman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sphinxman »

what's happening men?? someone really hates me!! my acura again.. it was 8th and now it's 298th!!! sorry GT but can you check it again?? and when can you say that someone downv. you?? if you get a 6 or a 5, does it mean dv??? thanks..
peace 8)

Return to “Underground 2”