I am sick of hearing about so called "down voters"

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
StoneBullet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I am sick of hearing about so called "down voters"

Post by StoneBullet »

Well I don't know about you guys but if I hear anyone complain about them one more time I think I'll go mad. Yes, I know downvoting is annoying etc etc, but do you really have to go on about it all the time? After all exactly how important is it anyway?

It seems that every other car I check these days there's someone saying sod off to the downvoters or just having a moan about it. Hey just because your car has gone down doesn't mean it was downvoted now does it? I mean is a 7 really a downvote? And what about all the other cars on the site eh? If someone else get's a couple of 10's it's gonna change the rankings isn't it!

Sorry if I manage to annoy anyone hear, but this is my opinion and I'm sick of hearing about it!
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I know what you mean SB. I've been accused of downvoting because when I voted 10s it lowered the ranking of the car and 1s increased it. So it wasn't really downvoting par say.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Jopuma wrote:(...) when I voted 10s it lowered the ranking of the car and 1s increased it. So it wasn't really downvoting par say.
That is technically impossible!

Anyway, I agree with both of you, people takes it very seriously. You only have to check the downvoting report thread :lol:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Morty told me that it had occured a lot with people.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Uhm, not quite... I said it had happened a lot with your votes, not any other... :wink:

But anyway, I totally agree with you StoneBullet... Some people take this way too seriously... :?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

ViperGT was one of them.. He took it so bad, that he started calling people names. :?
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

yeah and see what happened to him
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Heh we should've gone mad a long time ago since all this is pretty much silly. More than 75% of all reports in the downvoting thread have a 6 or 7 as the lowest vote.

One day that's gonna weewee me off so much that I'll simply lock that topic and turn off vote manipulation so NOBODY will be able to delete the "downvotes".
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Good idea! It's a chance for them to learn not to take things for granted. :D
mohsan1988
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mohsan1988 »

Yep, after all, people should realise that it's their car and that's the way they like it.

If some sad git *pardon my french* has to downvote other cars, then that shows how much of a Computer Freak they are. Probably no friends either.

On the other hand, people like ViperGT, who took it way too seriously, depend on people's opinions and therefore is as bad as the downvoter.

The Showrooms are for people to view and comment on cars. (IMO, votes are bad ideas, but Bojan seems to have everything under control ;))

Anyway, my point is, This is meant to be a fun place. ViperGT probably worries if he flushed the loo the *proper* way.

BTW, If you want to read the comedy, click on Korge's signature. It's hilarious, cracks me up everytime.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

We should probably act out the play. Then we should nominate that play in the Oscar... :D
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

and i already have my bet for best actor on that one. :lol:

anyways can't wait for SR3 hope there will be no ranking at all... :P
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Yeah, that will be showroom as it should be, not rankroom :?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Yup, I dont care about them these days anymore.. BTW, what is downvoting? IMO <4, which never happens..
-O_o-
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by -O_o- »

i saw a gud car b4 in 1st and voted a 9 and it went down 10 places. lol. i felt soooooo bad :oops: :oops: :oops:
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Re: I am sick of hearing about so called "down voters&q

Post by ViperJay »

StoneBullet wrote:Well I don't know about you guys but if I hear anyone complain about them one more time I think I'll go mad. Yes, I know downvoting is annoying etc etc, but do you really have to go on about it all the time? After all exactly how important is it anyway?

It seems that every other car I check these days there's someone saying sod off to the downvoters or just having a moan about it. Hey just because your car has gone down doesn't mean it was downvoted now does it? I mean is a 7 really a downvote? And what about all the other cars on the site eh? If someone else get's a couple of 10's it's gonna change the rankings isn't it!

Sorry if I manage to annoy anyone hear, but this is my opinion and I'm sick of hearing about it!
I agree with this...they take it too seriously...and it's a sad thing, cause this must be just a game, it must be just fun...OMG!!! :?
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I can see both sides of the argument. I agree that people take it too seriously, but it is also flipping annoying when you finally manage to get a car that is top in its class, then people deliberately vote low to knock it down. This has happened to me on a couple of occasions, but I just think "Sad gits, get a life". If that is how people get their kicks, it's a reflection on them as opposed to you.

It's just not worth getting upset over people that in my country we'd call w*nkers. :D
Fa||eN
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Fa||eN »

Downvoting is wrong so I dont see anything wrong reporting it. The thing is alot of people think dropping 250 spots is a dv when it really isnt. I say get rid of voting but wth do I know :lol:
$==G_Tuner==$
Ricer
Ricer

Post by $==G_Tuner==$ »

i dont really care anymore about downvoters

and as for what enzo said farther up ^^^ having showroom 3 with no ranking would suck
where would be the competing how would u kno who has a better car its just stupid
people who want things without rankings i think are just affraid of competition im not affraid i rather be in last in a race then not race at all
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

SRChallenge will always be present for those in need of competition.
isues
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by isues »

thats nice to hear
:twisted:
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

$==G_Tuner==$ wrote:i dont really care anymore about downvoters

and as for what enzo said farther up ^^^ having showroom 3 with no ranking would suck
where would be the competing how would u kno who has a better car its just stupid
people who want things without rankings i think are just affraid of competition im not affraid i rather be in last in a race then not race at all
actually SRChallenge will solve that problem, G-Tuner. basically SRC allows you to go head-to-head with another car isntead of trying to compete with hundreds of thousands of cars all at the same time. so in my opinion that's better. and about this topic, i agree with SB, i'm startin to ignore it. eventually it'll stop once they find out it means nothing to us.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: I am sick of hearing about so called "down voters&a

Post by krist »

ViperJay wrote:
StoneBullet wrote:Well I don't know about you guys but if I hear anyone complain about them one more time I think I'll go mad. Yes, I know downvoting is annoying etc etc, but do you really have to go on about it all the time? After all exactly how important is it anyway?

I agree with this...they take it too seriously...and it's a sad thing, cause this must be just a game, it must be just fun...OMG!!! :?
You both are right but i mean cmon, you spend liek an hour to make a beatiful car and then it gets downvoted to 2000 rank, im not moaning but IMO its unfair...plain unfair...thats why people complain, and some ppl are rank hores anywayz...but seriosly its crap when it happens to you.

Return to “Underground 2”