Finished NFSU2 but stuck at 70%... oh, spoilers here

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
facugaich
Stock
Stock

Finished NFSU2 but stuck at 70%... oh, spoilers here

Post by facugaich »

^topic^

The only thing I haven't unlocked yet are the wide body kits, but I don't think they represent 30% of the game. Maybe it's beacuse I had like 4 mags before I had the race with... well, I forgot his name, but it's the last circuit with 5 laps. After I had raced the 4 mags were gone. I'm not screwed, am I?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

read the FAQ already?

the game can be over in like 2 races... you don't have to have 100% to complete the game
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

So you have actually finished NFSU2 and raced with Caleb at Stage 5, but you haven't gotten the Widebody kit yet? To earn the widebody kit, you need to complete 11 Outrun wins at Stage 5, which is at Coal Harbor West.

For more, you can always check out the NFSU2 F.A.Q thread, just be clicking here. :)
facugaich
Stock
Stock

Post by facugaich »

As the matter of fact, I did read the FAQ but didn't find anything that answered my quiestion.

But nvm, I already know what to do.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I see... Glad you've figured it out! :D
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Once you complete career mode, all the parts are unlocked for all the non-career cars. However, after you complete career mode, the following parts (and maybe more) are never unlocked for purchase; these parts can only be won during outruns in the various stages:

Widebody kit
Front to back split hood (like the trap)
Split Spoilers (like the lynx), except you can buy these for SUV's.

I'm not sure if the rims you win from an outrun ever become available for purchase in career mode either.

Even if you run all the hidden races and the SUV races, you end up missing 8 races after stages 2 through 5, because these are sponsor races and you only pick one of five sponsors for each stage. You need to choose these from the career mode world map menu. You also need to pause and restart these races to get points and cash for them.

I patched a savegame to enable all this stuff for the 4 career cars, and the one SUV. I also turbo tuned all the cars, career, my cars, and online ranked cars. The game is also 100% complete. The cars are setup ready to go for racing.

You can download it here:

http://jeffareid.net/nfsu2/nfsu2.zip
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

jeffr wrote:I'm not sure if the rims you win from an outrun ever become available for purchase in career mode either.
You will not need to purchase it. It'll be available for use all the time in the career mode for that particular car.

Return to “Underground 2”