Blow Off Valve Sounds

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
JDM4LYF
Ricer
Ricer

Blow Off Valve Sounds

Post by JDM4LYF »

Hey there,
Im new to the forum! Its a plesure to join you guys.

I just recently discovered that on UG2 if you pick different brands of aftermarket parts (eg: turbo, exhaust etc.)in career mode, it actually makes your car sound different then with other brands. Now im no newb to NFS but i was impressed by that (seeing as how i had never noticed before).

I hope in Most Wanted you are able to choose your Blow-Off Valve and sample what it will sound like before purchase. Whos with me? Same with exhaust brands.

For the record, a Stage 1 Apex'i Turbo package on a Mazda RX-8 sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Peace

JDM FOR LIFE BEATCHES!!
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Really? I didnt know it! Thanks for sharing it :P oh and welcome to nfsunlimited.net 8)

The sounds is the best thing on nfsu2 without a doubt. And it seems that nothing will change in Most Wanted. Yippee!!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Blow Off Valve Sounds

Post by master m »

JDM4LYF wrote:I hope in Most Wanted you are able to choose your Blow-Off Valve and sample what it will sound like before purchase. Whos with me? Same with exhaust brands.
I'm with you on the exhaust-sounds.

I prefer a stage 3 upgrade on an Impreza. 8)
JDM4LYF
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JDM4LYF »

right on
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

ya the mustang and skyline sound sweet also, but i dun like how they look to much.
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

skyline's the best defo
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

But you must change gear whenn the psssst sound is on max, thenn you get real sound of turbo!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
sid3ways
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sid3ways »

Yeah, thats true..
If you have the right settings on a AE86 you can hear the turbo spooling/whining quite loudly, and as you change gear, you get a massive noise from the blowoff valve
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

So you have to listen and know on what rpm are you set turbo on max!
If you change gear early or in late you will miss the wannable sound!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

man. Nice find and welcome to the forums. I gotta try this with ma eclipse
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Flameking wrote:man. Nice find and welcome to the forums. I gotta try this with ma eclipse
nice find ... :? i knew that 10 months ago when I played NFSU-2.

Haven't you ever heard that psssst sound in NFSU-2 :?:
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

You can also just plug your head phones into the tv, and it makes it that much easier to hear all these sounds. You can even hear the intake sucking in all the air before you shift. Reason I like using manual, just throw it into neutral and rev your car til it explodes. Plus, your b.o.v. will make different sounds depending how high you rev, and best of all, you can launch your car, from neutral, to first! Of course, this is old news to most... :roll:
JDM4LYF
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JDM4LYF »

the only thing that sucks is that you can only choose the brands of turbo (as well as every other performance part) while in career mode, so after you have beatin the game, if you customize a car, your stuck with whatever sound comes as a default.

i usuallyjust return to stock each time and try out different bands of cat-back exhaust systems and turbo packages. Its pretty cool.

like i said, the "APEX" stage 1 turbo kit on a mostly stock (level 1 upgrades) RX-8, sound SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

i love the shiz
Nothing Inc ™
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nothing Inc ™ »

lvl 2 350z.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Or you can turn off the sound efects and you will hear only engine and tire! And all this sounds!

Return to “Underground 2”