Need for Speed Underground 3 confirmed on PS3?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Need for Speed Underground 3 confirmed on PS3?

Post by BluePhirePB »

If this has already been discussed, please delete it or move if it's not in the right section. I was going through CVG and they reveiled games that would be coming out for the new PS3. Going by company, I found that EA was going to be releasing Need for Speed Underground 3.

This may not be confirmed but at least gives us an idea of what's to come:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/ ... mepage.php

EDIT: Here's what the article says:

Monday 12th September 2005

GTA 4 HIJACKS PS3!

US PlayStation Mag lifts the lid on brand new next-gen GTA title, more MGS 4 details revealed

17:52 PSM, the US's best-selling PlayStation Magazine, has unveiled some juicy game-related PS3 morsels alongside a provisional list of more or less confirmed game titles set to hit Sony's next-gen console, heavily rumoured to burst from Ken Kuturagi's loins next summer.
PSM cites conversations with a variety of developers, many who've recently received PS3 development hardware, as the source for their list. Rockstar North is said to have had its dev kit since August this year and is currently working on a brand new game engine for their next-gen GTA titles. Rockstar is aiming to create a photo-realistic city for GTA 4, complete with seriously advanced AI for the game's NPCs.

Of equal note is the news regarding MGS 4 - this time Snake is rumoured to be fighting alongside computer-controlled comrades in a war-ravaged urban environment in a game combining aspects of Rambo and Black Hawk Down. The "No place to hide" tagline which appeared at the end of the game's E3 trailer apparently refers to the heavy presence of projectile weapons, constantly obliterating huge portions of the landscape and destroying permanent cover.
Many of the games compiled into PSM's tentative list of PS3 releases have previously been announced, but there're a couple of surprises in store for Sony aficionados. First up, it seems that the company has a new WipEout title in the works and - given the knicker-wetting power of the latest PSP update - it's likely to be high on people's wish lists when the PS3 hits stores. Furthermore, if the forthcoming Shadow of the Collosus on PS2 wasn't enough to satiate our thirst for swash-buckling adventure, it seems that the gloriously talented team behind ICO has a brand new PS3 in development too.

We'll have more on these titles as the days trickle away towards the PS3's launch meantime, cast your beady eyes over this little lot of confirmed and not so confirmed releases.

Activision
Spider-Man 3

Atari
Test Drive Unlimited

Bandai
Mobile Suit Gundam

Buena Vista Interactive
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Capcom
Devil May Cry 4
Ghouls n' Ghosts (New)
Resident Evil 5

EA
Burnout (New)
Def Jam 3
Fight Night Round 3
NBA Live 2007
Need For Speed Underground 3
Madden NFL 2007
Medal of Honor
SSX (New)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007

Eidos
Tomb Raider (New)

Koei
Ni-oh

Konami
Castlevania (New)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Suikoden

LucasArts
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Indiana Jones

Majesco
The Darkness

Midway
Mortal Kombat
Stranglehold
UT 2007

Namco
Ridge Racer 6
Tekken 6

Rockstar
GTA 4
Western-themed action game (likely Red Dead Revolver 2)

Sega
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Fifth Phantom Saga
Sonic The Hedgehog

Sony
Eyedentify
Formula One 2007
The Getaway 3
Genji 2
Gran Turismo 5
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf (New)
I-8
Killzone 3
New title from ICO team
MotorStorm
Warhawk
Wipeout (new)

Sony Online Entertainment
Marvel Comics MMORPG
Fantasy MMORPG (Untitled)

Tecmo
Fatal Frame 4

THQ
New WWE game

Ubisoft
Prince of Persia 4
Killing Day

Other
Alan Wake
Battle Angel Alita
Dark Sector
Death Jr.
Dirty Harry
Endless Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Lair
Metronome
Possession
Project Avalon
Psychopath
Last edited by BluePhirePB on 15 Sep 2005, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

UG3 is MW
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Speed818 wrote:UG3 is MW
I don't think so. I mean Most Wanted for PS3 has NOT been confirmed. But since PS3 is bound for a spring release, I doubt EA would release another NFS so early. Or maybe it's a re-worked Underground like UG Rivals was for PSP which will be PS3 exclusive? Or maybe EA is planning a release of MW for PS3? Holy crap, we still haven't reached the release date of the most anticipated NFS to date and already something's in the works? So many questions, so little answers.

I thought this would be another cheap thread asking what you want in UG3 but this is indeed exciting news. Thanks very much for the link.

Bojan knows about this...he said the next NFS is in pre-production. Spill it out man, we're on to you. The world needs to know. :wink:

EDIT: Offtopic: HOLY SH**!!! Prince of Persia 4!!! The 3rd one is coming out this November and already another one is in the works!!! This may be one of the best days ever (if the information on the site is real)

EDIT2: I smell something wrong. It says down the list "Killzone 3" BUT all trailers indicate Killzone 2 will be a launch title for PS2. I'm starting to doubt the information on this site.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

2furio wrote:Bojan knows about this...he said the next NFS is in pre-production. Spill it out man, we're on to you. The world needs to know. :wink
No, you understood be wrong, I said the next-next nfs is in preproductions: if NFSMW = NFS9, then NFS11 is in preproduction. NFS10 is already in production.

Of course they didn't reveal to us what the next game will be like :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Probably that's the reason why we can't enjoy playing NFS games for a long period of time. They spend so little time on it and before you know it, they're already thinking about what's gonna be inside the next series instead of concentrating on the currnet project, sighs.. :roll:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I always thought that the NFS10 would be a special edition. Like 10th anniversary or something... Ferrari edition would be nice, with the history of this mythic brand... like Porshe Unleashed.

NFSMW is not NFSU3 at all. I consider NFSMW like a Hot Pursuit 3 with another brand new name. Each 3 years a new HP is released.

Well who cares at the moment. Let's wait for MW and enjoy it 8)
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

I agree with dani on this one let's just settle down and enjoy MW while we can 8)
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Re: Need for Speed Underground 3?

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

BluePhirePB wrote:If this has already been discussed, please delete it or move if it's not in the right section. I was going through CVG and they reveiled games that would be coming out for the new PS3. Going by company, I found that EA was going to be releasing Need for Speed Underground 3.

This may not be confirmed but at least gives us an idea of what's to come:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/ ... mepage.php

EDIT: Here's what the article says:

Monday 12th September 2005

GTA 4 HIJACKS PS3!

US PlayStation Mag lifts the lid on brand new next-gen GTA title, more MGS 4 details revealed

17:52 PSM, the US's best-selling PlayStation Magazine, has unveiled some juicy game-related PS3 morsels alongside a provisional list of more or less confirmed game titles set to hit Sony's next-gen console, heavily rumoured to burst from Ken Kuturagi's loins next summer.
PSM cites conversations with a variety of developers, many who've recently received PS3 development hardware, as the source for their list. Rockstar North is said to have had its dev kit since August this year and is currently working on a brand new game engine for their next-gen GTA titles. Rockstar is aiming to create a photo-realistic city for GTA 4, complete with seriously advanced AI for the game's NPCs.

Of equal note is the news regarding MGS 4 - this time Snake is rumoured to be fighting alongside computer-controlled comrades in a war-ravaged urban environment in a game combining aspects of Rambo and Black Hawk Down. The "No place to hide" tagline which appeared at the end of the game's E3 trailer apparently refers to the heavy presence of projectile weapons, constantly obliterating huge portions of the landscape and destroying permanent cover.
Many of the games compiled into PSM's tentative list of PS3 releases have previously been announced, but there're a couple of surprises in store for Sony aficionados. First up, it seems that the company has a new WipEout title in the works and - given the knicker-wetting power of the latest PSP update - it's likely to be high on people's wish lists when the PS3 hits stores. Furthermore, if the forthcoming Shadow of the Collosus on PS2 wasn't enough to satiate our thirst for swash-buckling adventure, it seems that the gloriously talented team behind ICO has a brand new PS3 in development too.

We'll have more on these titles as the days trickle away towards the PS3's launch meantime, cast your beady eyes over this little lot of confirmed and not so confirmed releases.

Activision
Spider-Man 3

Atari
Test Drive Unlimited

Bandai
Mobile Suit Gundam

Buena Vista Interactive
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Capcom
Devil May Cry 4
Ghouls n' Ghosts (New)
Resident Evil 5

EA
Burnout (New)
Def Jam 3
Fight Night Round 3
NBA Live 2007
Need For Speed Underground 3
Madden NFL 2007
Medal of Honor
SSX (New)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007

Eidos
Tomb Raider (New)

Koei
Ni-oh

Konami
Castlevania (New)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Suikoden

LucasArts
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Indiana Jones

Majesco
The Darkness

Midway
Mortal Kombat
Stranglehold
UT 2007

Namco
Ridge Racer 6
Tekken 6

Rockstar
GTA 4
Western-themed action game (likely Red Dead Revolver 2)

Sega
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Fifth Phantom Saga
Sonic The Hedgehog

Sony
Eyedentify
Formula One 2007
The Getaway 3
Genji 2
Gran Turismo 5
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf (New)
I-8
Killzone 3
New title from ICO team
MotorStorm
Warhawk
Wipeout (new)

Sony Online Entertainment
Marvel Comics MMORPG
Fantasy MMORPG (Untitled)

Tecmo
Fatal Frame 4

THQ
New WWE game

Ubisoft
Prince of Persia 4
Killing Day

Other
Alan Wake
Battle Angel Alita
Dark Sector
Death Jr.
Dirty Harry
Endless Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Lair
Metronome
Possession
Project Avalon
Psychopath

O_O Final Fantasy XIII, Madden '07, GT5, Tekken 6, NFS: UG3, Burnout (What kind of name would it be? O_O), Gundam, Endless Saga, Sonic, Spider-man 3, and Test DRive are all the games I'm lookign forward to!

*falls over on the floor*

I have other games I'm looking out for, but right now I don't know what I'm going to get, the 360 or the PS3. (what do you people suggest?)

EDIT: Also to finish this off, has anybody seen the graphics on this game? I mean I don't know if they will look that good but they are amazing!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/2day ... index.html
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

This oughta be interesting. :wink:
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

^Sparco^ wrote:I always thought that the NFS10 would be a special edition. Like 10th anniversary or something... Ferrari edition would be nice, with the history of this mythic brand... like Porshe Unleashed.

NFSMW is not NFSU3 at all. I consider NFSMW like a Hot Pursuit 3 with another brand new name. Each 3 years a new HP is released.

Well who cares at the moment. Let's wait for MW and enjoy it 8)
thats exactly what im thinin dani!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I think that is no good to put in game only one brand of cars porsche was great but now is diferent now we wanna more diferent cars!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.

Return to “Underground 2”