no downforce?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Sergio
UMP Lead Producer
UMP Lead Producer

no downforce?

Post by Sergio »

i was thinking about this...when your car got no downforce (no wing no spoilers and all this stuff) what happens @ 350km/h? your car is doing backflips high in the air.....so i tryed this in nfsu...and you know what..nothing...car is just like on trails........they should think about that
...i know its just game...but comon
Attachments
nodownforce.JPG
(28.88 KiB) Downloaded 4139 times
´07 Opel Astra 1.6 TURBO
´97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs (Sold)
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

You right! :lol:
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Speed818, you need to resize your sig pic.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

uhmmm ... thanks for discovering America dude ... *roll* if Spoilers and such would have been meant to have an influence on the performance of you car, they'd have placed under the performance upgrades ....

PS that's why this game is found under the ARCADE games between ;) I don't say I like it to be that way, I'm saying I expect it to be like that, so it doesn't really slap me in the face. There are ... tons of other things ppl could post about, but if we all did... the list would take more space than there is available in 1 post .. lol. If you want a sim ... play F1 Challenge 99-02. ;) Or ... Viper Racing .. though it's old .. it's still good.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Ha! Just so happens I experienced the issue of downforce in one sim I play every other sunday... ;) I made a short movie on that, once it's uploaded, i'll give a link.

EDIT: here is a link: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 8027#18027 on that page, check out the downforce.. :twisted:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

lol... would like to see a nice roll.... but don't think you need to get up to 350 KMH for this... cause a car can flip at lower speeds...

but with a performance spoiler you also need otgher settings.... angle and so on
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

flip - YES. Take off like mine did - nope! :lol:
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

UrQuattro, did u use fraps? and if u did how did u edit it? cause i tried using tmpgenc but it no worky... itll be great if u can tell me step by step or something lol
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I used Fraps 2.0. Just recorded it at the highest resolution (about 30fps - down from 70 or so w/o fraps), 1280-1024, than imported into Windows movie maker 2, than just edit frmes, put in titles, added music, saved as High Quality for PC (large) and that's it...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I would have loved to see some performance customization, like ajusting spoilers and stuff....

but think that will make it a sim instead of a arcade... (NFS4 had a simple performance modding option... only adding downforce andso on... but real spoiler ajust would be lead)
Benny B
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Benny B »

I did the downforce thing in Gran Turismo 3. There are many cars that do this but I like the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, or the Nissan R390 GTR. You put all the downforce to the back and when you hit 230mph the front of the car lifts up at a 45 degree angle and the car just keeps accelerating. I got over 700 moh in the Nissan. Oh yea, NFSU is a good game too.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

lol ...
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Never thought about the downforce issues actually..

Funny, a big Boeng is able to take off at 250 km/h or so.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Not funny at all actually - the wings on a plane are shaped to produce lift - a region of higher air pressure is created on the underside of the wing.

On a car the principle is reversed - the wings and kit produce downforce by creating a region of higher pressure on their upper surfaces.
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

I know, GT.. :wink: - that's what the wings do..
I just tried to point out, that at 250 km/h these cars are still accelerating! In a very indirect way hehe..
BurnBoy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BurnBoy »

I knew that there was no downforce already; I have a RX-7 with nothing on it apart from a huge spoiler and it stays perfectly on all 4 wheels. (Unless It jumps or crashes and flies into the air!)
orangeyes
Stock
Stock

Post by orangeyes »

That means that wide body kits do not affect your speed?
Or do they give the car any downforce?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

widebody kit is a a part of visual package - hence in the game it gives you nothing but rep stars. All parts that improve performance are in the PERFORMANCE secion.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I wish the body kits had invluence on the performance.... like a good spoiler and bumpersets....
BurnBoy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BurnBoy »

I agree, in Gran Turismo and other games like it, the downforce can really affect the car's performance, it can make or break your car.
If EA see this then get the downforce problem sorted!! :D
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Summ wrote:uhmmm ... thanks for discovering America dude ... *roll* if Spoilers and such would have been meant to have an influence on the performance of you car, they'd have placed under the performance upgrades ....

PS that's why this game is found under the ARCADE games between ;) I don't say I like it to be that way, I'm saying I expect it to be like that, so it doesn't really slap me in the face. There are ... tons of other things ppl could post about, but if we all did... the list would take more space than there is available in 1 post .. lol. If you want a sim ... play F1 Challenge 99-02. ;) Or ... Viper Racing .. though it's old .. it's still good.
I agree... :wink:
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

and spoilers are ok for qtr mile becuase of more friction for the weels but not when ur going for longer (*flip*)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

gotta love that Mercedes GTR LeMan moment when it took of into the trees- 98 was it? I'm sure you all have seen it.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

i havn't
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

it's been all over the internet, GTR just takes off and flies into the woods. Spectacular scene, just google for it, or get it off some P2P network.

Return to “Underground”