UMP Updates

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

UMP Updates

Post by Sp3aK »

Instead of tooting my horn on the main site and taking away from GT3's thunder I'm gonna bust a flow here just to let you know what the 411 is.

UMP has updates for movies as well as new movies and stuff like that. Plus ya'll can welcome GT3 and UrQ to the staff, head down to the bottom recesses of the forums into the UMP section to see it all. Peace :)

Translation of first line: I didnt want to bug bobyx about a news post on the main site and GT3 needs to get ppl interested in the SR Challenge section, so here is the info :)

I'm funny... damnit :(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

LOL, thanks for not raining on my parade there Sp3ak!! IMO, announcing new movies in the News might be a little over the top anyways - perhaps a light peppering of the forums in opportune places (like you've done) is the way to go...

And yes dude, you are funny. Don't let anyone tell you different... :wink: :D
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

first of all nice job on the videos, but for some reason i cant download a few of them... some error meesage from file front or what not... second question: is there a way to record videos with the game sounds?? and third: what program did u use for editing the videos? from compressing to adding the extra little things thanks!!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

1 - GT will say thanks im sure :)

1.2 - I'm not sure how you could have gotten file front error messages, our files are hosted on Edge Files. If you could tell me exactly which links aren't working I can look into it :)

2 - Yes there is a way to record in game. Everyone I know uses a program called Fraps. http://www.fraps.com you can look into it there.

3 - Everyone I know uses Windows Movie Maker... It's really simple to use. You should already have it if you have XP or whatever.

4 - If your willing to wait a bit I believe GT3 and UrQ are going to start working on a tutorial for making simple videos :)

Thanks for the feedback.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

awesome i meant edgefiles lol and thanks for the FEEDBACK!!!!
*EDITED* damn i love u guys' videos esp that supra one cause i love supras and damn....... hats off fellas :wink: :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

LOL!! Thanks dude... :D You think you'll give this movemaking thing a shot?
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

YEA DEFINITELY
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Lemme guess - it's gonna be about drifting right?? :wink:
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

i wana make one but last time i tried my vid was 26gb!..i couldnt play it, couldnt edit it, couldnt even move it...i really wana show u guys my killing sprees but somethings wrong with the way i record..
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I replied to your problem in another thread.

But save it as HIGH QUALITY SMALL - at least that'll take car of 29GB movie.

I am actually amazed that you made THAT enormous. what were you thinking mate!?
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Here is a tip..Don't record for so damn long. ou can start and stop recording, cool huh? :)

Also, just as a bump. Two more movies up, by our favorite UrQuattro and some guy named Maverick2k4(actually I know who he is but isn't it funny if I pretend like I don't?).
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

SPEAK!!! MAVERICKS video has the in car music sounds.... how do u get that????!!!! thats hot!!! thanks!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Yeah it will do that if you record with fraps. you can record "What You Hear". So it gets everything. When you import it to windows movie maker you can choose whether to have the sound or not, as well as add music and stuff like that. GOod stuff :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Yup, just don't expect the sound to be identical to what you have in the game - it's a bit worse.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I tried it with sound but after a few minute of filming I started to notice a lagg in the sound was behind a bit with the movie... first you crash half a second later you hear it.... so I turned it of for the whole movie
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I suck at makeing movies is there a tutorial for makeing one i tried. I have fraps to shoot it and windows movie maker to edit it. I used fruity loops studio 4 for the music. But if i look at one of my movies and one of you guys mine sucks and is over 20Gb. So i need to make it smaller. But if there is a tutorial to make a good movie let me know so i can improve my skills.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

DoR - use Movie Maker to save your movie file and choose say 640x480, 512Kbps for the output file. It will take up to 30min to 'render' the vod to the new format, but you'll find it's a LOT smaller - perhaps 20-40Mb.

Stig, I found the same thing, but the lag in the sound only happened after you pasued playback of the movie and restarted. However if I run the movie through from the start without pausing, everything was in sync... makes editing a little long winded, but what the hell, the program is free!!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yep thats the best part... well I still finding out more stuff to use and to do with Movie maker so it's getting more complicated every day...
if only Supergrovers comp would perform better....
for some reason his comp with ATI Radeon 9800 Pro can't pull one part of NFS... the part of big concreet walls in the road with plants in it, for instance in Atlantica and that is exactly the part I want to use in the movie... so im only like 40sec short on the full movie...
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

So here is another bump. Another movie and a tutorial up on the site. I hope I don't get in trouble for this :x

Also: Everyone's favorite Stig is gonna be releasing a movie soon, isn't that cool?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

wow that sure is cool.... well with a little help with uploading from GT it will be up soon I hope
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

bump bump, vroooom

Post by Sp3aK »

Yeah so I haven't bumped this post in a while and I figured I should keep up with tradition. Over at my webpage, yeah that site you never go to, we have more videos up that you prolly haven't seen. Mainly my RICER HELL video which was just now put online, and TheStigs "NFSU Challenges" video.

Just so you punks know Stig's video is a part of a larger video project he is doing, so as I say: Stay tuned!
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

hehehe i was just playing around with windows movie maker and hehehe my video is gonna be hott!!!! its gonna be mixing nfsu, nfshp2, and other few tricks and suprises!!! :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

sounds good mate!! get it upped soon huh? 8)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

That's always nice when yuo mix stuff, looking forward to it :)
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

thanks fellas should be up by tonite :)

Return to “Underground”