I Can't Drift !

2003 Need for Speed Underground
snorkrat
Ricer
Ricer

I Can't Drift !

Post by snorkrat »

I am trying to unlock magazine #22 where you have to beat the best drift score for a particular track in one lap, but i cannot get loads of points in one lap. Can some please help me by giving me a good technique or something !?
BurnBoy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BurnBoy »

Use the handbrake for sliding. Try to connect your drifts for a combo, that normally gets big points. If you slide while on a straight and then into a bend then that may get some good points. On u turns, turn into the turn and then outwards as you come out of it. One other trick is to keep two tires (Front or Rear) in the coloured bit near the barrier, but that is pretty hard. I'm pretty good at drifting because I practice a lot on it.

Hope that it helps. If you need any other advice, there are loads of good helpers on the site. And welcome to nfs unlimited, i'm sure you'll have fun!

BurnBoy :D
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

i dont realy know, but someone sayd to me that level 2 tires are better for drifting than level3 ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I personally can drift a bit (300.000) but also did also not get the drift magezine... wich bothers me enormously.... :x

I got all other mag exept this one....

any clues???
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Its better 2 than level3, specially in rx7
Bluereaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bluereaper »

Well there only one good way of doing it, it is to find a style that fits you best. I stayed on one drag level for about a month, because i just could not beat it. But I try to tell everybody that i play with when they ask "teach me how to rack up big points". I just tell them i can't my skills just happen you know(It's all in the Thumbs :wink: ) but i can give some helpfull info Always go Out side to the inside of the tracks, this always works.

hopfully this gave you some ideas. :D
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

I think that problem aren't your skills, but the game. I have teh same problem that TheStig. I looked in the FAQ, beat the high score on hard and nothing happend.
bone2khead
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bone2khead »

Nissan 350Z do a lot of slides......I've never thought of it!!!
snorkrat
Ricer
Ricer

Post by snorkrat »

thanx, i'll just have to keep practising and hopefully i'll get i :?
Bluereaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bluereaper »

Thats all you can do :D
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

drift

Post by StreekG »

my best score for one drift is 72,000 or something, i linked them up and for the whole track i got around 340 thou or so... although i dont know if i have magazine 22, i should check later
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yesterday I got a new record: 554.000 in one drift. Circuit 2, 10laps, Mazda RX7 (with all level 3, but Stock Suspension) Definetely, it is the better car for drifting.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Practice using the accelerator more than the brake for drifting and youll get better scores :)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

rear wheel drive car, just a bit of handbrake at the beginning and a lot of gas, then change direction with another bit of hand brake and so on...a great snake of tyres onto the ground :wink:
SkyLine GTR
Ricer
Ricer

Re: I Can't Drift !

Post by SkyLine GTR »

snorkrat wrote:I am trying to unlock magazine #22 where you have to beat the best drift score for a particular track in one lap, but i cannot get loads of points in one lap. Can some please help me by giving me a good technique or something !?
If u can
try making the cars weight lower
maybe u can drift longer
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

my drift record is near 500.000 in one drift and 630.000 in ten laps at drift 2 with my mitsubishi eclipse... it's very important to stay in the bonus zone the max time possible and try to find a "pattern " to each track and make that pattern become better and better until perfection
SkyLine GTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SkyLine GTR »

can u put ur cars weight lower?
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

yes... one of the perfomance available is weight reduction
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

You should be carfull with weight deduction some cars loss control in turns when they are to light

Return to “Underground”