NFSU Lan Without Client

2003 Need for Speed Underground
l3gan
Stock
Stock

NFSU Lan Without Client

Post by l3gan »

Listen anybody know the guys who did the client for network multiplayer ability for need for speed. Reason being i want to implament the same ability directly into my nfsu so that by default it will always go to lan instead of tryna go online, i have a linux server setup and i want always to be able to connect to i t without having to lauch the client everytime. any help will greatly be appreciated.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Think it caches the last visited server in the servers.dat file. Had some problems connecting to the ea servers after playing on a lan 4 a while. Deleted servers.dat solved it. So just leave servers.dat as is to always run on ur lanserver.

But I'm afraid you'll always have to start nfsuclient.exe to connect to the lan server. Perhaps a batchfile that launces speed.exe and nfsuclient.exe can soothe the pain a bit. But once both programs have started, u still will have tab out of the game to select ur local server in the nfsuclient.exe, and click "use server" b4 u can play on ur lan (I think, never tried to find a way around. Maybe nfsuclient.exe takes parameters???).

But I use a batchfile also to start NFSU and the TJ Cheatdetector...

HTH a lil bit - probably not :s
l3gan
Stock
Stock

Thanks

Post by l3gan »

Hey thanks for the idea, i will try it and see

Return to “Underground”