The identity that is Racer X

2003 Need for Speed Underground
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The identity that is Racer X

Post by MikeFarrar »

Everyone who has a PS2 and owns Need for Speed Underground has always wondered "Who is Racer X?" and "How can i beat him?". The truth is, u can't beat him. But, Racer X has an identity in real life.

Rafael Estevez is Racer X. Isn't it strange that The Fast and The Furious DVD had an article about Racer X and it was all about street racing? Isn't it a little weird that EA releases a street racing game 2 years later and the game mentions Racer X?. Well in my opinion i think Estevez was supposed to be in this game. Estevez used to be one of the most fastest street racers out there. EA might have thought "Hmmmm.... maybe if we put that Estevez guy in here, we might attract some more ppl in buying this game". But, (this is an assumption) the Racer X character was never developed. Instead of racing the fastest honda racer in the world as the climatic ending, EA replaced it with a blonde haired woman who raced in a 350z. What would u rather do for an ending to a street racing game? Race the most fastest street racer alive, or race a blonde woman in a 350z (no offense to blondes.)

I hope this post sheds some lights on the n00bs still wondering who Racer X is. If u think i am lying about this "Rafael Estevez is Racer X", type his name in google. It will come up with bios and how he did 11.36 seconds on the 1/4 mile with a '92 Honda Civic.

~Mike
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Yoo other Mike ;)

To make it easier for those disbelievers:
Attachments
http;##www,nhrasportcompact,com#2002#drivers-r_estevez,html.JPG
(47.32 KiB) Downloaded 5495 times
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I like blond girls, and I like 350z!! ;)
But honestly: driving vs Racer X would had been a much more better end
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

Thanks kekum! btw did u notice that in NFSU it says Racer X is featured in Turbo and High peformance mag, and in real life he's featured in the exact same mag!!!

~Mike
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Nope. Thats totally new info for me :)
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

RacerX would been a nice opponent I think.
The other guy, not Melissa.
Melissa cheats a lot, but once you get used to it, and learn to master your pace, she will be easier.
Would been better if this Racer X dude showed up yes.
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Strange, because from what I can remeber the "racer X" guy on the
F & F DVD was racing a Chevy Nova ore something. BUT I COULD BE WRONG!!

I'll check it out when i've got my DVD back.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

beating a blonde cheater isn't that good for the end of the game (my opinion), race against the best racer is the right way, cause for all the game you must demostrate you're the best driver...to do this you must beat the faster racer...and I don't think this is that blonde chick (nothing against blonde girls...I love them :wink: )
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Yeah what I'm wondering is why none of this i in the PC version. You race melissa, but shiat... I just finished my 14th profile. This is #12 of "The Profile Project" (see the link in my sig for more details). Underground is pretty much a walk in the park for me now, but I'm still on my quest to do it with every car. With the Ford Focus just done, I'll prolly go for a really crappy car next(neon...).
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Neon should be ok, they run well, drift is harder though, treat it easy, push it too hard and it will slide damn far, and hit the wall.

Try the Supra, and the last races you cannot let yourself be overtaken, if you do, you are out of the game, or out of that race, you are unable to catchup on the guy in front, because you suck in the corners.

Walk in the park for you too now huh? I got around 15 profiles I think that I finished Underground in, It has gotten a pattern I use everytime, still I get some cool moves every now and then, sadly, no REPLAY!!!
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

RacerX? when people talk about RacerX they talk about me because im good in mutiplayer online games such as NFSUOnline Nascar thunder Online.but who knew there was a real one besides me
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

donaldgladden wrote:RacerX? when people talk about RacerX they talk about me because im good in mutiplayer online games such as NFSUOnline Nascar thunder Online.but who knew there was a real one besides me
LOL.

Humor. :lol:
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

really i swear this is real creepy!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I've done the Supra already Sweeper. Click the link in my sig for THE PROFILE PROJECT, you'll see the car's that I've used. And the last 3 races are cake. With Eddie I like to follow him for the whole race then at the end in the park I use all of my nos to jump over him and take a mid-air win :) , but that's any car for me.

The whole game is pretty easy for me, I just like to screw around and try new things. I still lose some races, but that's just making stupid mistakes. I wish catch-up was off some times cuz I like to give the cars like 10sec head starts, but they just go slow til I ctach up.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

That headstart thing i do that online with people. One time a gave a guy a head start off 27sec's beacuse i forgot to turn on the sound and gauge's and stuff. And still beat him with one lap and 21sec's or something like that.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Ok, well I cheat a bit on my project, I start out with the car I want to use since race 1. A little funnier that way.

But anyways, Eddie played dirty on me, he rammed my ass in the fast section, I got a spin.
But poor Eddie, he found a tree that he wanted his Skyline to take a closer look at (CRASH)
I recovered quicker (Driving in heavy traffic does teach you a few things even though you curse all the way)
So I outrun Eddie by 2 seconds...
Though my best beating of Eddie was with 0.02 seconds, sliding past him on my passenger door...
That was my first race against him.

Just one type of cars I can't handle, FF... me and FF will NEVER be friends, we allways steer too much or ram a wall, but 4WD and FR we become friends quickly and get to learn each other really fast...

As for head starts, well they are funny actually. I once gave some AI a handicapped start before I took off.
Catchup is a pain, but can be fun too, I have noticed something.
A point near the goal (Not the same for all tracks) The AI goes full throttle if you are behind them, pass the finish line and some distance ahead, they will slow down again.

So what I do is, I keep myself behind the leader, and before I reach that point, just before I blow past him and goes full throttle to the slowdown point.
Where I let him pass me again, doesn't give the best times, but will make your races a heck a lot easier.
But it requires timing and is efficient at neutralizing the catchup logic.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Everybody knows that the ford focus suck in the game(for my part also in real life but that's my opinion).

Return to “Underground”