Your drift technique?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Do I need to mention those holiest of initials, ''JGTC''?

And just a thought for you: 'Denso Sard Supra' ;)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

C-West DC2 Integra, nyah :P
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

AGH. Both of you, TRD and MUGEN! LOL.
Supras are good cars no doubt there, as are integras. Besides these cars _can_be evenly matched if the right tuning goes into them.
Hell I might get flamed for this, but i mean supras arent exactly godly. neither are integs. theyre only godly if you make them.
Heck Ever witness a Supra get smacked by a kit car?
heres the link. http://www.teamnightkids.com/videos/kcarvssupra.rm
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Anyhoo, I think I just proved my 240SX-

10 laps, track 2

Take that, slushboxes :D

(not really important, I'm just proud of it :D)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

LancerevoVIII wrote: Heck Ever witness a Supra get smacked by a kit car?
heres the link.
ever seen the specs of a kitcar.... like a british kitcars... for instance the westfield XTR(2)

they can out run the average Porsche, Ferrari etc on the track
and that with a 1.3 liter engine... and wich is not a rotary but a Suzuki Hyabusa engine.
a kitcar is as light as a fether. and are extremely low to the ground and have a low drag. do th maths
Last edited by TheStig on 13 Aug 2004, 07:20, edited 2 times in total.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

i love integras.... and i know much people who do so too....
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

C-West DC2 Integra, TRD and MUGEN
Denso Sard - almost unbeatable in JGTC. Whipped the living shiznit out of everything last year.

Besides these cars _can_be evenly matched if the right tuning goes into them
Thta can be said for any car in the world. If youre pockets are deep enough, you can make a lada as fast as a mclaren. That says nothing for the stock car.
Ever witness a Supra get smacked by a kit car?
Ever witness a Supra bone a hennessey Viper?

Kit cars come in many forms and sizes. From the humble Robin Hood, to the Ultima GTR. It really is stupid comparing them to factory produced cars. Yes, the Ultima is extremely fast, but how many are there? How many are there that are identical? exactly. You may have been beaten by one, but for all you know, the next one you race might have a fiesta 1.1 engine in it.
supras arent exactly godly
http://www.to4r.com :roll:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Supra's are nice cars to look at. But if i had to buy a car in real life out off the game(wich i probaly will do anyway) Is a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX from 98' or 99'.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

There isn't a single timeslip at that site, they just keep going on about how they dumped their life savings into a Supra. Hp numbers are cheap, I'm not finding any proof of the godliness you keep talking of.
Thta can be said for any car in the world. If youre pockets are deep enough, you can make a lada as fast as a mclaren. That says nothing for the stock car.
Replace lada with Supra and you've got a good concept of what's going on here, people just have too much money to spend on an otherwise mediocre car. Whether you love the car or not's fine, but just remember that it's only good because people toss tens of thousands of $$$ through those turbos.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Not true. The car stock is actually faster than an R33 GTR skyline. Are those mediocre cars? Of course not.

How many people drone on about the godliness of the Mustang Cobra R? Well, just to let you in on a little secret:

Cobra R
60 - 5.2
1/4 - 13.8

Supra
60 - 4.9
1/4 - 13.6

Well. My, my, what do we have here? The mediocre Supra is actually faster than a Ford Mustang Cobra R.

If you want a timeslip, find John Morgans Supra from 'the Jap show' at Santa Pod. 10.6 seconds, and thats with nothing but the engine touched. He still has full leather interior, A/C and all the other bits that a turbo Supra comes with.

Stamdard, the Supra is a great car. Tuned, it IS a godly car.

Anyone who argues otherwise, simply doesnt know enough about cars to know any better.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

The Skyline has 280hp stock- anything you could remotely call a sportscar could go faster. The Supra's about 200lbs heavier than any Skyline as well, so its ability to turn is in question (the Skyline didn't get the name Godzilla for nothing, and the Supra piles an extra 200lbs on)

Mustangs aren't especially fast cars either, I kinda put them in the same category as the Supra. The weight's about the same, they go about as fast as each other, and they're hyped up as being faster than they really are a heck of a lot (go to any Mustang car show, even the baseline economy ones apparantly can run 8s all day according to the fans).

A 10.6 isn't consitered godly- it might've been the fastest run that day, but by dropping a $10k crate motor in a junkyard Oldsmobile and putting some slicks on it I could duplicate that at about 2/3s the cost. I've seen especially pimped out Civics run 9s, does that make the car godly? I've seen Rexes, Mustangs, Camaros, practically everything under the sun can run 9s with money. The Denso Sard's just an example of having enough money to correct the shortcomings of the car- probably the entire body was replaced, the engine probably had $80k worth of modifacations, the interior was nonexistant, it almost isn't even a Supra aside from a few engine bits and headlights. Saying that it's a racecar if you spend $80k on mods and stuff is almost redundant, spend that much on ANYTHING and it'l fly around like a rocket car.

If you like the cars that's fine, if you want to make your car as fast as it can go that's fine too, but please don't claim that Supras are somehow different in that they go fast when you spend large sums of money on them.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

So then, by your argument, every car is shiznit.

As no car runs 8 second 1/4s stock, then no car is good? You have to spend money on everything to get a car to run that fast.

The Supra is unique in the amount of power a car can handle on a stock block and fuel delivery system. No one suggested it was different in that with a large amount of money spent on it, it could go fast. The nearest thing that was said, is that with enough money, it will go faster than most cars on the planet.

And the Skyline is limited to 280bhp.

So, in short, your argument was irrelevant. You argued the Supra was a mediocre car. I proved it wasnt. Then you rambled on about something which has nothing whatsoever to do with the case. Stand back, be proud.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote: As no car runs 8 second 1/4s stock, then no car is good? You have to spend money on everything to get a car to run that fast.
Correct on the money part, incorrect on the 8 second part. The 8 second mustang buisness was sarcasm, I don't understand where you got your line of logic that I think anything that isn't superfast on a drag strip is crap.
The Supra is unique in the amount of power a car can handle on a stock block and fuel delivery system. No one suggested it was different in that with a large amount of money spent on it, it could go fast. The nearest thing that was said, is that with enough money, it will go faster than most cars on the planet.
Regardless of what the stock components can handle, the other parts needed to really need those components are so expensive that it's almost always more worthwhile to get something like a crate V8, something that was built to make high hp from the factory for the same price as a super high-end turbo setup.

Its 3500lbs of weight are, once again, a huge problem too; the RB26DETT can (hypothetically) handle high hp counts like the supra on its stock block, yet comes in a package that's 200lbs lighter (we'll say an R33). Toss in a superior drivetrain and HICAS, and (assuming both 1000hp) the Skyline would dominate the Supra on a track. Let me also show just what the Supra's up against in terms of weight as well-

BMW E36 M3- 3250lbs
RX7 Spirit R- 2777.8 lbs
Chevy Camaro Z28 SS- 3360 lbs (lost some weight in its later years)
Honda NSX- 3153 lbs
Lancer Evo 3- 2778 lbs
Lancer Evo 8- 3241 lbs
C5 Corvette Coupe- 3212 lbs
1996 MR2 Turbo- 2824lbs
Volta/ 'Priapus'- 2756 lbs
Skyline GTR-32- 3153lbs

1998 MkIV Supra- 3505-3515 lbs

It's a boat, pure & simple that doesn't cut it anywhere but a drag track and veeery open circuts (unless it miraculously looses 600lbs). I don't really consiter cars that have 1000hp and run high 10s and 11s really good at what they do, may as well just keep those comfy leather seats and drive the car as it was meant (semi-sporty semi-luxury touring).
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

A push bike is also lighter than a Supra, its relevance? None.

We can sit here throwing out irrelevant facts all day, fact is, the Supra isnt a mediocre car. And by the way, the R33 may be 200lbs lighter, but its still slower.
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

Yeah. I knew I was going to get bashed by my comments LMAO.
Well to each their own right? its all good. hell rice out a pinto. Hee hee.
But my personal favs are the EVOs. Sorry.
Benny B
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Benny B »

to be ON topic. I got over 1,800,000 for one chained drift on track 6 with the rx-7. I think I posted this months ago, but the topic is gone...
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

my best car for drifting is Acura Integra. I did 3.2million sinle on t6 and posted it a long time in a different topic. I always use manual and stay at 2nd gear for the whole time, never go past it or below it. My setup for Integra is stock wheels and 1st transmission. Other than that everything else is Lev. 3. I also have unques on my car which are: Engine, Transmission, and Turbo.
Try it out :D
If you guys dont believe me that i did such a high score, maybe ill do a video but i gotta find a program that records videos
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Then dowload the prog Fraps
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

what do u think better in drag rx7 or skyline??????
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Well I'm not really a good drifter, i can get big points but linking in these tight tracks is where I'm not that good, my technique u ask, well i swing the ass of the car in the bonus areas at hihspeeds, then turn in tthe other direction plus using the hand brake to swing into tha other side of the track and for slwoing down, i tap the shift key and tap the brakes, thats practically it, this is on pc by the way i suck on ps2

Return to “Underground”