owning the rx7s....

2003 Need for Speed Underground
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

Whoa, hello people.
I mostly ride circuits on NA Central Unranked, with my Lancer.
I play alot, almost every other day. Got sick of smoking other RX'es with mine on Ranked, so I went to Unranked to smoke some more RX'es with my Lancer.

Drop by to say hello, I'm orvnAhum there.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

EmptyWords wrote:(...) thats amazing, 130k a lap, u gotta teach me how 2 do that
Look the thread title... RX7: this is the secret.
BTW I use manual shifts. A friend of mine shocks each time watch me playing :D But it is necessary if you want to control better your car.
Suggestion: Take the MX5 and practice in track2. You have to learn the way Mazda cars drift. Once you have played 2times, take the RX7 and choose track1, this time you will notice the RX7 drifts in the same way that MX5 does, but this car is so much powerful.
Never use the handbreak. Go at 1st and 2nd gear, if you want to brake, simply stop accelerating or turn down to gear 1. Try to drift close to walls in order to get extrapoints, and try to do longer and longer drifts.
Now you are ready to compite in track6, the experts zone. Take your modified RX7 (I use the level3 in everything) and enjoy.
Note: Some experts like Sp3ak consider Focus is the best drifter which is probably true, a guy beat me with "x3 points" using a Focus. Probably Sp3ak?? :D
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Hey Sparco, whats your average pace (Speed you drive in) when you drift?
I go fast, too fast probably, but the manual gearbox is the key in car control.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah, manual is the key.
I go fast too, in order to get too many points and longer drifts (if you go slow, the drift ends early).
I rarely use the 3rd gear, Im always in 1st and 2nd and about 50-150kph
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

If you go into a turn too slow, downshifting into 1st at least lets you get through the turn with a decent exit speed.
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

I agree with sweeper. I use the RX7 in circuit and Sprint modes because of its manuverability. The rx7's specialty is getting through corners fast if u drive it right.

As for drag and drift, I use the 350Z and the S-2K. Probably because Im comfortable with their shift points. Usually I can make them work and pull off a miracle win, but most of the time I lose. HAHA
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

350z can easily hit 19s, like 19.7s and stuff, and i think thats pretty good for most races already
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

LancerevoVIII wrote:I agree with sweeper. I use the RX7 in circuit and Sprint modes because of its manuverability. The rx7's specialty is getting through corners fast if u drive it right.

As for drag and drift, I use the 350Z and the S-2K. Probably because Im comfortable with their shift points. Usually I can make them work and pull off a miracle win, but most of the time I lose. HAHA
@Sparco: Same as mine, I sometimes use 3rd gear, but it is rare, have to start the drift VERY early.
And most likely have to slam on the brakes to not hit that corner ahead.

Well, I did use the S2000 for drag once, but then I screwed up the launches too much.
So I go to the RX7 which offers more acceleration and is easier to gain lost revs.
S2000 is a funny drag car when you get the shifts allright though, but shows its weakness when you push it hard (Rev to the limit)

I have 2 RX7's one drifter and one racer.
The racer is what I beat Eddie with, the drifter is one built to look EXACTLY like the racer, but with less power and more balance to allow more car control.

Return to “Underground”