The 'best' car to buy.

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Wallz
Stock
Stock

The 'best' car to buy.

Post by Wallz »

I just got back into NFSU, and I've beaten the game with my RX-7, it works good and all, but I found that a lot of the time the AI were just SPEEDING past me. So I was wondering overall, which car reaps the best stats and optimal performance?
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Under a Bridge, Iceland or somewhere in Europe or to be more accurate in England

Post by widebody x »

the rx7. but i think the AI is supposed to be challenging. by going accelarating like crazy and going around corners at 200mph and then slowing down. :D
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Those cars are the best ones I think

The rx-7 and 206 are the best for circuit, s2000 and rx-7 for drag and eclipse and focus to drift.
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Under a Bridge, Iceland or somewhere in Europe or to be more accurate in England

Post by widebody x »

LoTuX wrote:Those cars are the best ones I think

The rx-7 and 206 are the best for circuit, s2000 and rx-7 for drag and eclipse and focus to drift.

dont you mean the mx5 and the s2000 for drift :)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

MX5 is crazy on drift dude! Awsome car for it. :D
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

I only said the ones that I already used but I will try that ones too and say something later
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

widebody x wrote:

dont you mean the mx5 and the s2000 for drift :)
Depends on each person. Maybe he likes the Eclipse and Focus the best for drifting, and you the others

Personally, I can't do anything with a Focus.

But anywayz, the RX-7 is the best allrounder. Fastest on the circuit, fastest on the drag. The reason they fly past you is EA's crappy catch-up system.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

this reminds me, qwhen ever i play against eddie, andi play o nhard, and i haev all TJs on my skyline, i first accelerate quick, and then im like .50 sec in front of him, then out of no where he gets such a speed boost, that he just whizzes past me, and im jsut like how the hell?? i have full acceleration adn top speed, and almsot full handling, i know the AI is made like thatbut i think thats BS, a car shouldnt be faster than what its allowed 2 be, cause im at max top speed and acceleration, adn theres a faster car than mine??
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

well, its a game, and there is catch up mode
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Man you cheated!!!

And what makes me laugh is that cheating in underground mode doesn't work because EA put the catch up mode.

Anyway try the rx-7 in place of the skyline
peachferrari
Stock
Stock

Post by peachferrari »

I agree that it depends on the user. The first time I beat the game I used the Tiburon all the way through. I like it and the Celica for drift, and the eclipse or RX-7 for sprint and circuit. If you get used to one car and use it enough you should be able to take it all the way.
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

i like beating underground with the civic, mx-5 and 206
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I'm going through Underground mode using all the cars. If you look in my sig you'll see a link to THE PROFILE PROJECT. There is pictures/names of all the cars I have used so far. Right now I'm doing the 206 all the way through.

The game is easy for me now, I do hard all the way through. Beating Eddie is easy, just stay behind him until you get into the sewers and then pass him, else the catchup kicks in aruond that first big corner and he'll go really fast past you, but even then it isn't hard to catch up to him.
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

i had problems with my civic once, coz its wouldn't stop
sliding round the corners :(
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

EmptyWords wrote:this reminds me, qwhen ever i play against eddie, andi play o nhard, and i haev all TJs on my skyline, i first accelerate quick, and then im like .50 sec in front of him, then out of no where he gets such a speed boost, that he just whizzes past me, and im jsut like how the hell?? i have full acceleration adn top speed, and almsot full handling, i know the AI is made like thatbut i think thats BS, a car shouldnt be faster than what its allowed 2 be, cause im at max top speed and acceleration, adn theres a faster car than mine??
Yep, ever seen a stock Honda Civic keeping up with my RX7 that is on widebody challenge?
It did, Jose and some other poser, both running stock cars, could keep up with my Level 3 RX7 :roll:

The RX-7 is fast, but I feel I push more in the Miata, then I swap back to the RX-7 again and I am faster... Funny.
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

those cars or not the best. The best car is an Integra to drift on :wink:
well at least i drift better on it
Morniemacar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Morniemacar »

the best car for me is the RX7, and my Morrigan`s skyline (copyright of my own vinyls), and for drift, the Mx5 Miata, but you may find the car whos made for you, all people and drivers in this world maybe someone candan drift whit the supra, or win drag whit a 206, all depends in the driver, choose the car who`s the better for you, dont pay atention to others, pay atention to your hearth and brain at the wheel, be happy and good look to find your ideal car... :D
Attachments
Beloved cars.jpg
(66.61 KiB) Downloaded 4115 times
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

pay atention to your hearth
I payed attention to my hearth, a plate fell off it.

*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
eVoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by eVoVIII »

yer yer...i like my eclipse the best in drift..and use skyline and rx7 4 drag and circuit...
CheeKonVing
Stock
Stock

Post by CheeKonVing »

I pretty much stuck with the RSX both times through in Underground mode. I drift best with the Imprezza.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

The following are the best in my testing (no TJ mods) ...

Circuit/Sprint - Integra/RX-7
Drag - S2000/RX-7
Drift - Miata

Those are for me without any TJ mods, remember ... Around Olympic Square, I did high-46s with the 'Teg/RX-7. On the Highway, high-21s with the S2000/RX-7/Supra. Drift track 6 (10 laps), 1.5+ million with the Miata.

I can't seem to do well on drift tracks 1 and 2 with the Miata, though ... :(

Circuit (Olympic Square, 1 Lap, No Mistakes) (All Level 3 Mods, No TJ mods)

RX-7 - 46.67
Integra - 46.7
Celica - 47.45
Neon - 47.47
206 - 47.48
RSX - 47.49
Miata - 47.6
Lancer - 47.72
Civic - 47.76
240SX - 47.93
Focus - 48.61
Sentra - 48.62
S2000 - 48.65
Skyline - 48.72
350Z - 48.8
Tiburon - 49.14
Supra - 49.16
Golf - 49.2
Eclipse - 49.36
Impreza - 49.47

It should be noted that the Miata spins like crazy off the start unless you get it perfect (which I didn't do because I'm lazy), so it could've had a better time and probably would've been 3rd overall.

I didn't write down my drag times, but I remember that I did 21.72 with the S2000, 21.76 with the RX-7, and 21.95 with the Supra.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

what?

48 at olympic???

damn... I normally do 42's with most cars....
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

No TJ mods ... No NOS used either ... And I didn't claim to be great :P

I do mid-44s with TJ Mods and NOS used with the RX-7 and high-44s with the 'Teg ...

Just to clarify, I did these tests from a standing start ...

EDITED... 2 posts made into one...

btw then 48 is more logic
TheStig
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Just to clarify, I did these tests from a standing start ...

Return to “Underground”