NFSU1 Unique Upgrades

2003 Need for Speed Underground
fjf314
Stock
Stock

NFSU1 Unique Upgrades

Post by fjf314 »

I bought NFSU awhile back, and after beating it a few months ago, I decided to start another file. This time around, though, I was wondering if there are any unique upgrades that are considered better overall that I should get, or should I just get whatever I feel like?
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

It really depends on the car I think. Before you select the upgrade, it shows you how much it improves each aspect of acceleration, top speed and handling. Go by that to improve in which ever area you want most.
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

skyline would have the best performence
robitrice1921
Ricer
Ricer

Post by robitrice1921 »

the unique nos lasts a little longer than the stage three or whatever the highest stage is
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

yeah, the best combo is trans/turbo/nos
nfspeedr
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfspeedr »

Skyline is the best car in the game, with the upgrades... hehe, no one can stop it... 8)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I finished the game once with the neon and it had full acc and full top speed(handling very close), and it rocked on Circuit, sucked at drag:
Trans/turbo/nos
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Before starting another career, you may want to try out a TJ Swapper (do a web search for this), or you can download a zip of a set of savefiles that have different TJ combos installed on all 20 garage cars as well as the underground car. Also all of the visual uniques are unlock. Here' the link:

nfsuac.zip
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

For underground mode, which car you use doesn't really matter, but the Miata is good.

For online/offline play, the RX7 is the fastest car for most tracks. The 206 is fast at some tracks like Atlantica. The two best combos for circuit are engine, ecu, turbo, or engine, ecu, weight.

For drag racing the RX7 is the quickest, using engine, drivetrain, nos, but it's hard to drive as the first two shifts are really quick. The Honda S2000 has the highest top speed, and unless the RX7 launched well, the S2000 can pass it at the far end of the track.
Gossioii2
Stock
Stock

Thanks

Post by Gossioii2 »

Looks like your question thing at the end of the post worked. Also not having to sign in is nice too. Good job. Nice list. Thanks.

Return to “Underground”