Friends got a problem!

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Friends got a problem!

Post by Om3n-PL »

By friend who just got the game, is unable to play it. his first problem was the game starting black screen for 3 seconds and then quiting to desktop, he fixed that problem, now he has another problem, he launchs the game it runs except the screen is black and he can here the sound that is it. He has a Geforce GTS 64 DDR Ram. Does he need new drivers or what??????? he has tried eveything
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

The video card is pretty old.
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

my card , my problem

Post by silmi-boi »

hey guys its my card and my problem , i know the card is old by the way its g-force 2 gts 64 ddr but i ahve ran games such as unreal tournament 2k3 and colin macrea rally on my computer without any difficulties. i dont understand.

would really appreciate your help guys
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

oops

Post by silmi-boi »

colin macrea rally 3 i meant sry on 600x 800 , no choppyness
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Well, it looks like NFS7 isn't compatible with old video cards, especially GeForce. Many people are having similar problems. Get new drivers, contact EA, and if nothing works, you'll probably have to get a new video card.
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silmi-boi »

godd dammn , >8( and im hearin so many good things about this game , neways thx for your help guys keep on postin if u have more ideas
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

U did run the 3dsetup right?? If not please do so! Also make sure u got the latest direct X 9 installed. ANd off course, download the latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silmi-boi »

hey guys its me again, i did the 3d setup , well not much to do, the drivers are top of the line, and personally i think my car should handle this game np, i still dont understand , only wish somone else had this problem as i do, again thx for comments , keep em comin
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Well..., I have a friend with a 32mb tnt2 video card & he runs nfsu just fine..... :roll:
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

U know nvidia just posted new drivers at dec 9?
The NexuS AT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The NexuS AT »

how did he fixed the black screen problem??

my game isnt laucnhing, it stays on black screen for like 3 seconds then return to desktop with no error msg..

help me plz
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

Are you running a cracked version? If you have updated NFS to v1.1 then u need to have the crack for 1.1
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silmi-boi »

hmm ill lok for that but my card is an asus g-force 2 not nvidia , and ill d load the 1.1 also but where can i find it and where can i find the crack?
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

http://www.megagames.com for the crack
and download the patch via the update link in the start menu

first install the update and then install the crack. Also an asus geforce 2 is the same as a Nvidia Geforce 2. Asus uses Nvidia chipsets and reference so download the latest drivers from nvidia.com and install direct x 9b
jambo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jambo »

My friend had some trouble with NFS:U so i told him about a site called EVGA (http://www.evga.com) . They are an official partner on NVIDIA and tey have the release the new NVIDIA drivers onto the net about two weeks or more before NVIDIA do. I downloaded the 53.03 drivers from their site last month and that improved my firends gameplay after he reinstalled NFS:U. As i already had the drivers i had no trouble at all.
ac3shi6h
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ac3shi6h »

thanks for the tip Jambo! I will be looking a lot on that site
silmi-boi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silmi-boi »

thx alot guys , appreciate it , ill try to put all this together and start put some kick ass cars 2 gether
Ez Silmi

Return to “Underground”