Race types

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Race types

Post by NaBUru83 »

I've created a wiki article on race and championship types in the NfS series. But since wikipedia and the NfS wiki itself aren't as complete as I expected, I'm left with some doubts.

o- Porsche Unleashed: In the career mode, some championships are time-based rather than points-based. The driver whose total time (the sum of each race's time) is lowest wins the championship. What's the name of that championship type?
o- Hot Pursuit 2: Do knockout championships include both circuit and sprint tracks? Can they mix, or do knockout championsips feature one single track type?
o- Underground 1 and 2: Are there any Time Trials held in circuit tracks?
o- Underground 2: Are Underground Racing League events single races or points-based championships? Or both exist?
o- Carbon: Canyon Races are held in both circuit and sprint tracks, right?
o- ProStreet: What's the name of race groups? "Race Days", "Track Events"?

Since I've played all NfS games from UG1 onwards in a cyber café, I have never played multiplayer races. Therefore, they're missing from the article. Anyone is welcome to add them, especially the cops stuff.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Race types

Post by Bojan »

Great article!

O means included, X not included, right? Maybe that could be mentioned.
In Carbon Canyon Duel races are only held on the canyon tracks. There are also 4 racer Canyon Sprints.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well, since I'm not too familiar with Wiki, I shall just post here. This is for NFS Carbon's multi-player mode.

Multiplayer mode in NFS Carbon includes 2 race modes which are not available offline. They are: Pursuit Tag and Pursuit Knockout.

In Pursuit Tag, a racer will alternate identities being either a cop and a racer. The objective of this mode is to stay as a racer for as long as you can until your runtime runs out, in which you'll then become a cop trying to bust other opponents (by which you'll become a racer again upon a successful bust). The longer you can endure or claim yourself back to become a racer, the higher the chance of you winning the match.

In Pursuit Knockout, the last (slowest) racer to finish the lap will be knocked out and be brought back into the same track — as a cop. The objective of this mode is to slow down fellow racers by ramming them. You'll gain points upon a successful hit. The harder you ram the racers, the more points you will earn.

(NOTE: You will only become a cop if you're knocked out.)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Do tell me if this isn't sufficient enough. I'll try to figure out what to add on. :)
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Bojan wrote: In Carbon Canyon Duel races are only held on the canyon tracks. There are also 4 racer Canyon Sprints.
Carbon Duels and Canyon Drift events are held in sprint tracks, but my question is about Canyon Races. Are there circuit or sprint Canyon Race tracks? Or do both exist?
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

There are Canyon Sprints, yes. I don't think there are any Canyon Circuit races though.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

There are Canyon Sprints, but NO Canyon Circuits; it's a point A to point B race. ;)

Tracks like Deadfall Junction, Eternity Pass and Copper Ridge can be raced in either sprint mode or Canyon mode. If you choose the latter, the walls become barricades and if you crash on them, you'll fall.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”