HELP Can't upload important TNFSSE file to the wiki!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Peelster1
Ricer
Ricer

HELP Can't upload important TNFSSE file to the wiki!

Post by Peelster1 »

I have images of the tracks of the Burnt Sienna and Transtropolis course. Currently on the wiki the images are screenshots of gameplay. I just made my account here today and have no idea what I'm doing. When I try to upload and replace the current image I get the following message.

"Upload warning
The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."

I know that the file isn't corrupt and I've tried every image extension possible.

I have a huge feeling that this isn't where I'm supposed to be posting this, but I posted it here because it's related to TNFSSE and I couldn't find the board for the wiki. If someone could move this there and/or help me out that would be really great.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: HELP Can't upload important TNFSSE file to the wiki!

Post by Bojan »

Could you attach the images here and I'll check out what's wrong?
Peelster1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Peelster1 »

I uploaded them in png format but if you need a different file type just let me know. If you would rather have me use IMG codes then I can do that as well. Sorry for posting twice in a row but it looks like I can't attach multiple images in a post. (Some boards get on your case for that.) This post will have Burnt Sienna and the next one will have Transtropolis.

Anyway, for all I know I just don't understand the instructions for uploading an image to the wiki.

Here is an example of what I'm doing, 1st I go to http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/index.php? ... Sienna.gif. Then I click the browse button and upload the image. I type in my summary and click Upload File. I shouldn't need to do anything else, correct?
Attachments
Burnt_Sienna.png
(203.73 KiB) Downloaded 4938 times
Last edited by Peelster1 on 09 Dec 2010, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Peelster1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Peelster1 »

Here is the image for Transtropolis.
Attachments
Transtropolis.png
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The problem is that you're trying to upload a png image into a gif filename.
Simply go here http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Special:Upload and upload it as it is. Then just use the new image in the article (links will be available once you upload).
Peelster1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Peelster1 »

It worked. Thank you very much.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”