What xtreme sports games have the best locations?

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
xtreemgmr84
Ricer
Ricer

What xtreme sports games have the best locations?

Post by xtreemgmr84 »

I like games with levels that take you to actual real word locations. I can think of a few action sports games with some cool settings around the world, some of which are actually pretty similar to the real place. What are some of your favorite in-game locales? Are there any actual locations that you havent seen in any game that you think they should use?

For example, baseball games like MLB Slugfest do a great job of re-creating the actual baseball stadiums, although I havent seen all the baseball games out there. Racing games like Need 4 Speed and Midnight Club also have some really great cities and realistic recreations. Transworld Surf has some cool locations around the world too, like in Antarctica, France and Fiji. Anyway, you get the idea.. Im going to add to my own list as I think of more. In the meantime, think of some of your picks and post em here.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

one of the test drive series (i think it was 6) had edinburgh city (my home city) and it was almost identical and it was great to race about in, especially being the actual place i live :)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Gran Turismo takes actual tracks, the Nascar Racing series also do, Indianapolis games, some others...
xtreemgmr84
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xtreemgmr84 »

Now that I've played it, I have to add Wakeboarding Unleashed to the best locations list. The water effects are unparalleled & the locations are very well-rendered, not to mention the fact that the multi-player mode is a lot of fun. I don't know if you've seen it already, but you have to get a load of these water graphics: http://www.wakeboardingunleashed.com/
xtreemgmr84
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xtreemgmr84 »

Any more suggestions?
xtreemgmr84
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xtreemgmr84 »

viper...?.... koffy...?.... anyone...?.... Bueller...?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Formula 1 simulations, Colin McRae rally both have real world locations.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”