NFS5 PU *.rpl to *.mpg,avi,.... conversion

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Nitro

NFS5 PU *.rpl to *.mpg,avi,.... conversion

Post by Nitro »

Could somebody please tell me if i can somehow convert the replays in NFS5 PU to something like mpeg files,avi etc... so that i can watch them with a player like media player???Thats all!! :?:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

whats the file extension on the replay files?
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

The extension for the replay files is *.rpl and if you have followed the custom installation of the game (not changed the directory), they are stored in the folder "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed\SaveData"
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

in this link " http://www.tb-software.com/download.html " there's a program that apparently converts rpl to avi called 3Dwin, but when i tried to run it it told me i had a missing DLL file. the dll file required may be in one of the other downloads in the link. if this doesn't work goto http://www.google.com and type in "convert .rpl to .avi/mpeg" and that should help.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

Thank you very much for your help.I'll download the file and see if i can make it work.Thanx again!! :D :D
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

A far as I know, those rpl files, when viewed in the game, are processed by the engine of the game (thats why if you race with a car an then change it's skin, when playing the replay, the new skin appears).
I think you could use some screen capture program to record directly from the game.

(I dont know any specifis, but I know there are some of these tools.)
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

I believe it's pretty difficult to do the conversion because as Koffy said the *.rpl files must be using many resources from the game data,as their size is way to small (always 116Kb) for the length of the replay.I found an *.rpl player but it's only for the .rpl files in Tomb Raider CD and doesn't work for NFS files. :cry: :(
Golf Ball
Ricer
Ricer

Using Hypersnap DX5.........

Post by Golf Ball »

How would I be able to get a jpeg image of my car that I want to upload to this site? I have hypersnap DX5 but dont really no how to get the image of my car out of NFS5. Can some1 please assist??? :?: :?: :D
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Using Hypersnap DX5.........

Post by viper_gts »

Golf Ball wrote:How would I be able to get a jpeg image of my car that I want to upload to this site? I have hypersnap DX5 but dont really no how to get the image of my car out of NFS5. Can some1 please assist??? :?: :?: :D
start up hypersnap, then goto the drop down menu on the top tool bar named "Capture"............near the bottom of the menu it will say "Enable special capture (DirectX, Glide)....." and the name of a key on you're keyboard to the right of it, thats the key you use when in the game. once you find out what key it is for "special capture", start you're game with hypersnap still running and whenever you want to take a pic ingame just hit that key..........when you quit the game, all the pictures you took will be in the hypersnap window........just save them as jpeg.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

There's also another way to take a screenshot.While you are in the game just push Alt-P.This saves the image in *.tga format (which i open with quicktime picture viewer).You can open it and just save it to another format.
I also believe that "print screen" also works but i haven't tried it so i'm not sure.Oh the *.tga files are saved in the folder "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed\SaveData"!! :D

Hypersnap DX5......

Post by Guest »

Thanx for the assistance..... GREATLY APRRECIATED!!! I'm 1 step away from uploading my work of art. :D :D :D

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”