bad artist

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
clint

bad artist

Post by clint »

Hello all,
i 've got a problem to play with NFS6HP2 (an unofficial version)
when, i make a race i have not normal scenery but a red one where is written "bad artist".

Is someone can help me ?

:(
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

just for future reference........if you read the forum rules it states we do not help on how to get a warez game(unofficial game) to work.

but i will answer this because it has nothing to do with the game being warez. it's a graphics problem you have.

what graphics card do you have?, this happened to me when i used to have a prophet 4000XT card.

bad artist

Post by Guest »

It's exactly the graphic card i use. More precisely, i play with a prophet 4500 64Mo.
How did you solve this graphical problem?
I'm going to install the last driver of my graphical card, but i don't know if it will solve all my problem of screenplay.

If you have an other solution, thank you to help me. :roll:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i know the forum the solution is in, i just need to find the post..........check back on this thread later and i'll have the solution posted :wink:

well, here's the solution. please note this only works if you have the original, this will not work if you have a pirated version of the game.
This is a great game! But if you just start the game without following the instructions here, you will face the "No Artist" and "No Cookie" messages.

The following instructions was adpoted from a gaming site.

1. From the 3D Optimisation tab of the display settings, create a new profile for nfshp2.exe
2. Check "Defer Render until Flip".
3. Apply changes.
4. Run regedit and Find "nfshp2.exe"
5. Wait.
6. Search should stop at a key in ...\KYRO\Game Settings\D3D, there will be a number of settings already there.
7. Add a new string called 'DXTExposeCaps' and set the value to 1.
8. Scroll down and create a new key in ..\KYRO\Game Settings\DDraw called "nfshp2.exe". You don't need to add any strings to this (all the existing ones are empty.)

---------------------------

ENJOY!!!!

Post by Guest »

:D WOW, Sounds like a lot of work. I sure am glad that I don't have my Prophet 4500 any longer. C Force 3 ti 200 w/ 128 meg NP here. Got it cheap too. About $100. U.S

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”