Dashes in NFS:HP and NFS:U

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Arayan
Ricer
Ricer

Dashes in NFS:HP and NFS:U

Post by Arayan »

Can anyone tell me why there is no dash view in HP2 and U? When I played HP2 I thought that EA is simply getting lazy and I was convinced that in the next game they won't forget about that view. But now I see that's about something more that just EA's laziness. No licence from car manufacturers? The same reason for no damage in U? But I'm asking WHY guys from Codemasters managed to gather permissions from so many car manufacturers to allow us to crash cars in Toca Race Driver??? Couldn't EA do the same???
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Actually, EA can't have damage because the cars ARE licensed. And I agree, EA is getting lazy. Aren't they owned by AOL?
Flaffy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Flaffy »

SuperRacer wrote:Actually, EA can't have damage because the cars ARE licensed. And I agree, EA is getting lazy. Aren't they owned by AOL?
I agree that they are getting lazy, and have been for a long time. The last great game from EA imho was NFS:PU which was a star in the racing genre. Hope they will make something like that in the future

Best Regards
Flaffy
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Don't expect another game like NFS:PU. With NFSU, the series has gone in a new direction.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”