NFS5 ingame graphics vs menu graphics.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
IM0001
Stock
Stock

NFS5 ingame graphics vs menu graphics.

Post by IM0001 »

I just reinstalled this game again and man do i ever love the best of what NFS ever was (other than MCO but that cant be played offline or at all for that sake) the 4 point physics engine, the detail in everything from interrior to having backup lights, turn signals, and even the little driving lights on the side. God was that game made great.. The only problem i have right now is the graphics inside the menu differ on a grand scale from the ones ingame racing. The menu cars look perfictly textured and detailed while in racing the textures look like they were stickers from a lick em and stick em book. Not good at all. Anyone else notice this the way I do and is there anything that can be done to fix it? I have all the fancy stuff turned up on my Graphics card (ATI 9800Pro) so the scenery looks great but the cars still look like crap..
AndrewH
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS5 ingame graphics vs menu graphics.

Post by AndrewH »

I have seen this problem on many new graphic cards. I think it's because of the new drivers useing the textures differently. I first noticed this in Carmagedon 2000, when i upgraded my drivers, the road and all the textures became really pixelated.

I have tried to make NFS5 graphics better by playing around with the antialiasing and antiisotropic filtering and i have noticed that they best are off, or at least set for best preformance. It's as if the graphic card is over processing the textures.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I think we have a record... 4 year revival!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sweet!! LOL!!
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Thank you for helping revive this topic, Prince and Andre. I'm sure an admin will arrive shortly to thank you for your hard work. =)

Darn.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”