Controls reseting.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Undercover.
Be sure to search first!
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Controls reseting.

Post by crojob »

So in NFS Undercover, every time I load my profile my controls are reset. Pc Version

Any ideas what is wrong?

The same happens in Carbon : http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 22&t=17274

I have NFS Underground 2 and it does not happen. So did the NFS games change in some way that would cause the controls to be reset every time? Everything else is saved.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Controls reseting.

Post by Andre_online »

Would reinstallation help? If it doesn't, it's probably time for you to update some drivers for your controller. :)
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Post by crojob »

Controller doesn't have drivers, its a ps2 controller plugged into a ps2usb jack.
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

Controller settings are stored in the save file. Some video settings, like resolution, are saved in the registry. Try doing a manual save after setting up your controller.
crojob
Ricer
Ricer

Post by crojob »

Tried it, doesn't work.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Reinstallation?
ashvyn
Stock
Stock

Post by ashvyn »

I know I'm asking very late, but any solution to this problem yet? I'm also playing with a PS2 controller connected to my laptop with a USBjack. I make changes for the controller settings (for example: I set "X" for acceleration). But every time I go out of the game and load it later again, it immediatly resets to "triangle" for acceleration.

Reinstalling the game doesn't help. Any other ideas guys?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, here's *an approach* to try... load the game and make the control changes and then check the program directory for files changed since you started the game.. this might contain the controller settings. Copy the file to another folder for safekeeping.

Now before starting the game, copy the file into the program folder.. it might just work :)

Remember to make backups before messing with any program fles though.

Return to “Help & Support”