NFS Undercover Graphics Problem

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Undercover.
Be sure to search first!
Reviver
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Undercover Graphics Problem

Post by Reviver »

Hi! I have a great graphics problem - the graphics looks like underground 1 on low details, but I set the details to highest possible, its not lagging one bit, but the graphics are unacceptable? Here are my computer stats:

AMD athlon 3200+
1024mb RAM
Ati Radeon 850 128mb graphics card
Windows XP Professional sp2
420 GB HDD

I understand, that my graphics card is very low but Ive had no problems running previous NFS series on highest graphics. I just finished Pro Street with High car detail, High world detail, smoke on, shadows off etc

Ive tried the following:
Putting the resolution to my native monitors reso.
Taking off Anti-Aliasing.
Restarting the game several times after settings change.
Shadows off.

PS! I will add a screenshot later.
stefanos4555
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS Undercover Graphics Problem

Post by stefanos4555 »

Reviver wrote: ...
Ati Radeon 850 128mb graphics card
I understand, that my graphics card is very low but Ive had no problems running previous NFS series on highest graphics. I just finished Pro Street with High car detail, High world detail, smoke on, shadows. off etc
Well, I still think the problem comes from your graphics card.Until ProStreet the minimum system requirements was a 128MB graphic card.AND the minimum RAM was 512MB.If you run a game at high graphics(as you did with pro street) the graphics card will get the rest of it's neccesery memory from the system RAM and this will reduce your 1GB ram.But the rest of your RAM still meets the minimum requirements.
Now the Undercover demands 1GB ram which you have but also requires more memory at your graphics card.But as there's no more RAM for graphics card to borrow the game crash.
I hope that helped.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Reviver
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS Undercover Graphics Problem

Post by Reviver »

Ok thankyou for the answer. I think it might be the problem. The game does'nt actually crash, it runs perfectly but the graphics are just shiznit! I also tried updating my drivers and reinstalled directX. Anyway here's a screenshot from photo mode:

Return to “Help & Support”