World map and stuff.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Undercover.
Be sure to search first!
AcE123x
Stock
Stock

World map and stuff.

Post by AcE123x »

Hi..

As i remember in older nfs games you could bind a key/button to view the world map & play the next song, but that doesn't seem to be so in this game. I use a ps3/pc game pad & whenever i press up on the D-pad the world map opens & i cannot find a way to disable it. Normally i play without music so i would bind up on the D-pad to play the next song which would make no difference in game play to me as i don't have the tunes on. While driving and steering left/right D-pad up gets pressed allot by accident and is highly annoying having to backspace every damn time it happens, Is there anyway i can change it to another button or disable it altogether ?

Is it just me or is the cars controls/handling system that crap ?

And finally the bloom.. It makes my eyes bleed, can it be disabled anywhere like in the registry ?

Cheers - AcE 8)
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Re: World map and stuff.

Post by 2fast4all »

I dont think there is anyway to change songs or such, oh and the game is crap, dont worry half the site doesnt like it (im guessing). Just waiting for a patch to fix all these problems.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: World map and stuff.

Post by Carcrazy »

If you're playing on a PC game pad (I'm guessing you have an adapter for your PS3 controller,) you should be able to find some 3rd party software to do what you're looking for. As for the bloom, I haven't heard anybody complain about it, nor have I seen a way to disable it. I'm sure some searching on Google would help here as well. I'll look for a bit and see what I can turn up for you. :wink:

--EDIT--
For your bloom effect, I have found a few links saying that lowering the 'World Effects' to either low or off has solved it... I'd suggest just try it for yourself. If not, come back, we'll be glad to help you some more. :P

Source - Bloom Effect

If you don't feel like searching Google for 3rd party software, you could also go out and buy a cheap Media Keyboard. The slightly more pricey ones (around $30) are very nice, and they allow you to change the song your computer is playing with just the press of a button. (I used to have iTunes running behind Halo, so I would use this technique.)

Return to “Help & Support”