NFS Undercover - All Cars - Savegave Editing

Discuss editing Need for Speed Undercover.
Be a part of the modding scene as it happens!
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS Undercover - All Cars - Savegave Editing

Post by Bytesss »

I've been going through all of the meshes in the car folders and here's some pics of the unknowns.

AAA_AAA_AAA_01

CHR_300_SRT_08 (unfinished Chrysler 300)

BUI_GNX_STK_87 (a lowLOD Camaro)

NIS_350_Z_05 (complete 350z, doesn't seem to have any body kits)

Non player vehicles:

TRF_VAN_STD_84

TRF_TRK_SEM_95

TRF_TRK_MOV_94

TRF_TRK_DMP_91

TRF_TRK_BUS_87

TRF_TRA_LOG_84

TRF_TRA_FLT_84

TRF_TRA_BOX_83

TRF_PRO_SUV_01

Last edited by Bytesss on 02 Dec 2008, 13:22, edited 5 times in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Need For Speed Undercover mystery meshes

Post by prince1142003 »

Wow, and let the modding begin!

Is there are way to get the CE cars in the regular edition?

I do think we need to move this to the Editing forum though. Especially since we are talking about editing in some fashion.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

prince1142003 wrote:I do think we need to move this to the Editing forum though.
Yep.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

How exactly did you load other meshes? :)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:I do think we need to move this to the Editing forum though.
Yep.
Hey, hello there GT ...loong time ey :D ..thought you'd grown out of these forums :lol:
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

prince1142003 wrote:Is there are way to get the CE cars in the regular edition?
Only managed to get them by replacing Garage Cars, yet - that way they still appear as the replaced car in menu, but on the street its the right car with the correct specs (i think)
They're filtered by carcode instead of logocode now - so we either need the cheat codes or the 'blueprint code'

Code: Select all

38AF78B9 BBF27BF40 Dodge Challenger Concept
BB7345FC E098DE460 BMW Z4M
A1F94771 59E613C50 Mercedes SL65 AMG
EB5B5541 A17BD75B0 Porsche Cayman S
A6DCC132 EEE1CFA00 Koenigsegg CCX
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Is the savegame format similar to ProStreet's?
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

very similar, carslots are 28bytes now, with some new bytes for pinkslip cars (AA01AAAA), but rest remains unchanged
the 01 basically says that its a pinkslip car and you can buy copies of it.

and theres only one customslot per car now, instead of 3.
custom slots are 2700bytes and theres 70 of them.
vinyl section looks the same, too. didn't look into it much, yet.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I really can't help with discoverring and trying out codes. I haven't got the game yet, and won't be getting it till after final exams (which are in a month).
But it's good to know that the savegame structure will be familiar.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

some new carcodes:

FA01C2C7 AAA_AAA_AAA_01
4FC5862A NIS_350_Z_05
50E2B9A5 POR_911_VTA_08 (new GT2 Widebody)
B4C32979 FOR_SHL_TER_08 (Terlingua Mustang)
don't have the logocodes, though...
...wherelse could i look for car- or logocodes? i've got the ones above out of the cars_vault header

@bytesss
what about these?
SUB_WRX_STI_06
LAM_GAL_SUP_08
PS: i wished the buick gnx was for real...
RDS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RDS »

Subaru Impreza WRX STi is gone ...
also the Koenigsegg CCX ...
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Albtraum wrote:some new carcodes:

FA01C2C7 AAA_AAA_AAA_01
4FC5862A NIS_350_Z_05
50E2B9A5 POR_911_VTA_08 (new GT2 Widebody)
B4C32979 FOR_SHL_TER_08 (Terlingua Mustang)
don't have the logocodes, though...
...wherelse could i look for car- or logocodes? i've got the ones above out of the cars_vault header

@bytesss
what about these?
SUB_WRX_STI_06
LAM_GAL_SUP_08
PS: i wished the buick gnx was for real...
All of the car codes are in the GlobalMemoryFile.bin, I'm 99% sure that the logo codes are in there too.

All of the other cars are present.

race_invader wrote:How exactly did you load other meshes? :)
I'm swapping bodies in the GlobalMemoryFile.bin using the ascii car list until all car codes are worked out. See this thread for more info:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15887

You usually have to sell the car and purchase it again or else you might end up with something like this:

The car list that you want to edit in Underground's GlobalMemoryFile.bin starts at 11f76h
Last edited by Bytesss on 23 Nov 2008, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

So there's currently no way of unlocking the locked cars without replacing another car?
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

@bytesss
thx, got the logocodes now, 'just' have to sort out the missing ones now.
but i can't find the customization codes, though - that code in the customization slot, which is responsible for what car will be displayed in menu - without them, it keeps displaying the replaced car in menu - on street and performance wise its the right car, but sculpt/vinyl modifications in menu doesn't fit.

@prince
nope.
we either need the unlocking cheat code, if that isn't serial-bound or something - but then customization codes are obsolete anyway.
or someone with collectors edition who shares a savegame with the 5 ce-cars in garage :wink:

pretty clever move from ea to hide the cars by carcode instead of logocode #-o
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Looks like EA learned something this time.

Is it possible to get the customization codes by replacing items in GlobalMemory.bin?
Argentum47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Argentum47 »

May i see some screenshots of the CE's 911GT2 and Terlingua Mustang, please? :D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Here some great news from the Zmodeler2 Forum, from Oleg.
There are some good news however. Carbon and ProStreet have been using an unknown compression method (we had a decompressing routines, so it was possible to load models) while Undercover uses and old-style (from NFS:Porsche Unleashed) compression method. It was a bit surprising, since compression algorithm is known. Literally, it's possible to change data and put it back into the game files. I don't know whether the game will work with modified files (checksumm, CRC or some other data-control might be present), but this is generally a good news.

I think that MostWanted was chosen for modding since it does not compress files. May be those guys who have been working on MW scripts could write a ZModeler export code. Unfortunally, current filter code is very garbage (since it tries to handle Carbon, ProStreet and Undercover versions - it's a real mess to deal with all of them).
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Unlocking the full CE is pretty easy (technically just a 1 byte patch in memory)... but I feel kinda bad revealing it since its a source of income for EA :roll:. I do have a full list of the things that the cheat codes unlock, and there isn't any that unlocks CE, or any of the CE cars unfortunately...

I haven't done much memory hacking since the MW days, so I'm somewhat outdated on what exactly changed in Carbon/PS, and I have no idea what I should be looking for to help you guys. But if someone walks me through it, I can probably help out :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

arushan wrote:Unlocking the full CE is pretty easy (technically just a 1 byte patch in memory)... but I feel kinda bad revealing it since its a source of income for EA :roll:.
Right. Because EA doesn't have any other source of income and cares about its consumers so much that it actually makes a decent game. :roll:

Nice to see you back though. Your expertise has been missed around here. There's a full hex editing guide for Carbon available on the wiki, here. Things remained fairly the same in ProStreet, and you can check those out here. They may require a lot of reading though.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

prince1142003 wrote:
arushan wrote:Unlocking the full CE is pretty easy (technically just a 1 byte patch in memory)... but I feel kinda bad revealing it since its a source of income for EA :roll:.
Right. Because EA doesn't have any other source of income and cares about its consumers so much that it actually makes a decent game. :roll:
Touché :)
prince1142003 wrote:There's a full hex editing guide for Carbon available on the wiki, here. Things remained fairly the same in ProStreet, and you can check those out here. They may require a lot of reading though.
Thanks... did a quick scan through them. Doesn't look too bad.

Did a simple swap in memory with a CCX, and I noticed what Albtraum is talking about not being replaced in the menus... sounds like this is going to be fun.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

prince1142003 wrote:
couldn't have said it better.
In germany its totally legal to acquire the CE Cars, if they're in the game you've bought 8)
no matter what, as long as you're not sharing any copyrighted content.
they're on the dvd you've bought - they're yours (for personal use). simple as that. :wink:
If EA would release a real CE of value, maybe with some physical bonuses added (think warhammer ce), I would be glad to buy that instead. But 10$ for a cheat code? Thats just another sad joke on us nfs gamers, imho.

btw: I was about to finish that wiki entry on prostreets save format, but my Internet went down last week... :roll:
Argentum47 wrote:May i see some screenshots of the CE's 911GT2 and Terlingua Mustang, please? :D
Don't know if they're actually CE-Content, but here you go:
ImageImage
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Posted a dump of the menucodes/carcodes here. They're not matched up, but I'm sure you guys should have no trouble matching them up.

Just fyi (and I'm getting technical here) the Logocodes are essentially nodes out of the "frontend" tree in the FE_ATTRIB.BIN file, and the Carcodes are nodes out of the "pvehicle" tree in the ATTRIBUTES.BIN file. ATTRIBUTES.BIN is also present in a cached form in the GlobalMemoryFile.bin file.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

uh, thx a lot. =D>

i was just figuring out how to get that police porsche into garage for another guy.
68DDA6F3 8D5B7DD2 50A45814 68DDA6F3 08 is the bonus car entry for that - added 01 like cparty did on that prostreet savegame and it appeared in car lot, but didn't appear in garage list, was selected and driveable though, as long as you didn't select another car - then it would be gone.
taken the 46a4db92 racers/player_cop_car_911_tur_06 carcode and it works
...or not - displays as cop 911 in menu, but on the street its a cop R35 - strange :lol:

you don't happen to know about secondary carcodes (which are stored in the customization section and are responsible for what car is displayed in menu), don't you? :wink:
i called them 'blueprint codes' in prostreet, but since theres only one customization per car now, we'll have to find another name.. customization code or something like that

for example, that police porsche has customiztaion code: 09F53D50.
It can be found at byte 2512 and 2660 in the customization slot. (which start right after the carslots).
fyi, since prostreet, everything regarding car customization is in one place, not scattered throughout the savegame as in previous titles (i think - didn't mess around much with carbon, just really started with prostreet) :wink:
Last edited by Albtraum on 23 Nov 2008, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Albtraum wrote:you don't happen to know about secondary carcodes (which are stored in the customization section and are responsible for what car is displayed in menu), don't you? :wink:
i called them 'blueprint codes' in prostreet, but since theres only one customization per car we have to find another name...
I think maybe you mean the presetrides? Try this for the ccx: 8a052071

Btw, was there ever a checksum fixer for PS and does it still work with UC...?
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Didn't work - crashed my game, I'll look into extracting some of the regular cars codes out of the savegame later...

But yes, CoDeRiPPeR did a small money editor with checksum fixing abilities for ProStreet.
Shouldn't work with Undercover, but he included source code for it.
I guess it could be modified to work with Undercover, as the savefile hasn't changed that much from what i've seen.
http://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsps_files.php -> NFS ProStreet Mini Save Editor / Checksum Fixer
command line parameter -f skips the money editing part and just fixes checksums.

Return to “Editing”