NFS Undercover - Mods

Discuss editing Need for Speed Undercover.
Be a part of the modding scene as it happens!
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS Undercover - Mods

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a NFS Undercover Mod that'll turn of the Wheel/Tire shadows which stay on even with shadows & effects off. See README for more info.

ftp://64.89.144.81/public/upload/UC/NFS ... ow_Mod.ZIP

OFF TOPIC:
I couldn't help but notice the track file names (L8R_MW2.BUN, STREAML8R_MW2.BUN) and the reference to nfs_mostwanted2 in GL.ini. It looks to me like Undercover is Most Wanted 2
Last edited by Bytesss on 29 Nov 2008, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS Undercover - Wheel Shadow Mod

Post by arushan »

It kinda looks like the car is floating without that little shadow... but I do agree, that shadow does look pretty bad. Well... everyone should be able to just get a 8800gt (they're pretty cheap now) and turn on full shadows.

Speaking of floating... at least you didn't end up with this:

#-o
Last edited by arushan on 26 Nov 2008, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

The F1 is floating in those pics (using reduced gravity) to get a better view of the shadows. I have a good card and can run graphics at max but the F1 still looks like it has flat tires from the rear (IMO). I've been working on adapting my PS Physics trainer to UC. I can fly, spin, teleport. etc. but EA's using DMA now (as far as I can tell) for X,Y,Z coordinates and I still need to find a reliable pointer. I also found Cop X,Y,Z coordinates and can throw them around but still need to find a reliable pointer for them too. Right now I'm pulling addys out of registers.

arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Nice :)... doesn't look like they have much of a draw distance.

Are you hooking specific functions to pull off these addresses?
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

arushan wrote:Nice :)... doesn't look like they have much of a draw distance.

Are you hooking specific functions to pull off these addresses?
Nope, draw distance is probably half that of PS. I can get a good racing view in PS from pretty high up. I'm really hoping that EA just shoved this out the door because of marketing deadlines and intend to fix it up with a soon to be released patch. When PS was released it ran like a brick too but the v1.1 patch fixed it up nicely.
arushan wrote:Are you hooking specific functions to pull off these addresses?
Is nfsnation.com your site? If so I'll hit you up over there, some help on this would be great.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Bytesss wrote:Nope, draw distance is probably half that of PS. I can get a good racing view in PS from pretty high up. I'm really hoping that EA just shoved this out the door because of marketing deadlines and intend to fix it up with a soon to be released patch. When PS was released it ran like a brick too but the v1.1 patch fixed it up nicely.
Meh... I'll try and see if I can find a draw distance setting somewhere.
Bytesss wrote: Is nfsnation.com your site? If so I'll hit you up over there, some help on this would be great.
Yeppers... you can bug me on IRC too if you like... irc.nfscars.net #nfs :)
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS Undercover - Mods

Post by Bytesss »

Anyone that's interested.... here's a very basic drift cam control prog for Undercover that needs testing. It works fine for me but since the game uses dynamic memory allocation it may not work for others. Pls test and let me know.

ftp://64.89.144.81/public/upload/UC/NFS ... ONTROL.ZIP
JONG
Stock
Stock

Post by JONG »

Bytesss wrote:I can fly, spin, teleport. etc. but EA's using DMA now (as far as I can tell) for X,Y,Z coordinates and I still need to find a reliable pointer. I also found Cop X,Y,Z coordinates and can throw them around but still need to find a reliable pointer for them too. Right now I'm pulling addys out of registers.
Hi:

May you can tell me about NFS Undercover of X,Y,Z coordinates ?

I was search them a long long time, but still no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Editing”