Pro Street Drag Tuning

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Pro Street Drag Tuning

Post by TheStig »

Is it me or is the LVL4 suspension upgrade pure crap, cause I got it on 2 cars I use for drag and once I got them the started to perform worse then before, after that I bought one for a car wich was untill that point stock, but once I upgraded the suspension from stock to Lvl 4 it did slower times then stock.
Also the Supra is completely uncontroleble now with lvl4 suspension. it wheelies way to fast and once it lands it thends to slide and spin out of control.
Garbagemann55
Stock
Stock

56 GTO TUNING

Post by Garbagemann55 »

I have a '56 GTO That can run 7.4 1/4s. I need it faster I have all stage 3's except SUS because it tends to Wheelie the whole quarter. I still need help with Gears thanks
the_oversteeringevo
Stock
Stock

Post by the_oversteeringevo »

has anyone tried using the ford gt? is it any good?
T3KN0 L00N3Y
Stock
Stock

Post by T3KN0 L00N3Y »

No problem buddy. if u need any help add me on xbox. its T3KN0 L00N3Y. the 0 in my name are the number 0 not letter o =) people always get confused.
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

im running 6.5 sec 1/4 and a 10.6 sec 1/2 in my zonda will someone tell me how to tune it so i can catch on fire? plz message me directly i might not check back here for replies
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I really do believe the Zonda is quite useless. On Speed Challenges my 100hp less Skyline rips it to shreds, on Grip it wheelspins too much to get any grip, on drag the target time expects more of you and so you get less points, and in Drift it's once again too powerful. And yet for all the power it got strangely sluggish acceleration, even considering it's got 1200NM of torque pulling it!! My Skyline once again trumps it in acceleration, probably because it's all-wheel-drive.
Twinturbos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Twinturbos »

guys if u want some good setup for zonda -supra-gt500 and more go to http://www.nfs-prostreet.forumpro.fr
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

how do get zonda to run 5.xx and below cause i only can get 7.31
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I really do believe the Zonda is quite useless. On Speed Challenges my 100hp less Skyline rips it to shreds, on Grip it wheelspins too much to get any grip, on drag the target time expects more of you and so you get less points, and in Drift it's once again too powerful. And yet for all the power it got strangely sluggish acceleration, even considering it's got 1200NM of torque pulling it!! My Skyline once again trumps it in acceleration, probably because it's all-wheel-drive.
well does your skyline do a 9 sec. 1/2, or a 5 sec. 1/4? i really doubt it, i agree that the zonda is useless for most things, but drag is not one of them, im sorry but in an online race my zonda would whoop your skyline
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Yeah.. provided you make that 1/4 mile flawlessly... a car that's more reliable and easier to post good results with, no matter your shifts, would get my approval. Haven't tried the Zonda, but I know the supra, fully upgraded and tuned, is hard to get into the 6's.. can't imagine the Zonda being any easier, really.. and what good is a car that CAN get into the 5's, if you only get there 1/20th of the times you try?
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

A Zonda can do 5s always... I do, unless I hit the wall. In fact, even with Stock Engine (and the rest Stage 4), hiting therefor less then 800 hp, the Zonda can pull 5s.

Cya!

Rogério
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Zonda is fast in drag races but it's a pain to get perfect shifts, because the perfect shift point is lower in revs as soon as you hit 4th gear.
And as soon as you miss the shift the engine grinds to a halt and has to rev up again, wich costs ALOT of time.
Those are some of the things that shows that EA has NO clue how a manual car works, sure when you miss the perfect shift point the car will not accelerate as fast because you missed the next rev zone, but it will NOT fall back to idle like you kick the clutch and let of the gas. and then let go of the clutch and accelerate again, cause that is what the cars in NFS PS do.
And with that the Clutch does not work like it does in real life, cause when you hit the clutch and accelerate the car SHOULD only rev all the way up to the limiter but not go any faster, or keep standing still.
EA the clutch is NOTHING more then putting the car neutral (few technical diffirences but for the game it should not matter... )

sorry all, I just had to say it, cause it's annoying me alot.
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

hey there guys i have a zonda which i use for drag's with 1,209 bhp my faiest 1/4 mile time is 6.30 sec and 1/2 mile fastest time is 10.11 sec i have all level 4 upgrades on it i would like to know how i could get my zonda to hit the 5 second mark on 1/4 and 9 second mark on the 1/2 mile please if u all could help me out here it would be great and each time i try to tune it , it keeps getting worse so if some 1 has a zonda with that timing or anywhere in the 5 second range for the 1/4 mile or anywhere in the 9 second range for the 1/2 mile race could u all please post a picture of your tuning on this site.
thanks
cheers :wink:
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Put Clutch On if you have it Off in Drag Mode. Just this should be enough to put you in 5s/9s.

Also use Body Stock.

Hope this helps!

Cya!

Rogério
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

check out the zonda f tuning video on youtube guys... can't post it now. g2g, i will post it later when i have time if someone has not already in this thread.
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

no man that didnt help much i could only get a 6.2 and a 10.3 and that was the max should i put a stage 4 drivetrain im getting so pissed with this car :cry:
Last edited by dark sen on 03 Jan 2008, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Relax. It's a game. It's the dumbest game mode of the entire game. Who cares, if you can't get in the 5's? It's enough to beat the AI, isn't it? Probably more than enough to beat your friends as well. Trust me, as good as you get, there's always someone, who is going to beat your score, so you might as well drop thoughts of glory and hall of fame, if that's what you're after.. there's always a bigger fish and all that.. When Juiced came out, there were a few tracks on which I was nr 7-8'ish world wide.. that lasted a few weeks.. maybe a month, then people like Yael knocked me off that list :P.. (not saying he's a cheat, just that as good as I was, more people came through, who were better). In Pro Street it's not even worth the bother. World rankings on every raceday are pestered by cheating hackers, who just do a regedit and get their name at the top of the list without having even raced through the race day.. where's the fun in that? All I know is it takes the fun away from me..
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

yo u may not be a perfectionist but i am and i want the best and thats what i get all the time and i will not settle for anything else because no one in this world cares if u come second and i dont care what it takes to come first so please if there is anyone who can actually HELP me then please answer to my post otherwise don't bother
thanks
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

i did it i reached my goal i hit 5.79 and 9.51 i owe it to u guys and i did it through the tuning video on youtube man its tough to tune through a video here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwUo9Dj ... re=related thanks guys for everything and how do u upload pics here so that i can post my picture of 5.79
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Congrats, 'mr perfectionist' :roll: at the last count that I know of, you're still about 30 ms too slow to be nr 1. Chop chop.

Oh, and.. btw.. no one in the world cares, if you come first, either.
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

well they may not but i do and im getting that timing without perfect shifts so im happy anyway dont wanna cause aby misunderstanding between us well i was a little frustrated because i was tryin for 3 days
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

im running 9.4 now in the 1/2 mile drag has anyone got a better time here?? :P
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

wonder when will somebody get a 0.1?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

People got a 0.0... it's easy. Just hack the registry..
dark sen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dark sen »

i dont believe in hacking these timings im getting is through pure hardwork

Return to “Help & Support”