NFS Pro Street .exe issue

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS Pro Street .exe issue

Post by hammerspeed »

When i start the game, the screen just goes black for a moment only to go back to the desktop and say "nfs.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Does anyone no how to fix this problem.

Thanks
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS Pro Street .exe issue

Post by vellu »

Have you tried re-installing the game? (Really reinstalling, that is uninstall -> make sure all files really got deleted -> install again)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

what are your system specs?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

If you have got a genuine copy of the game and you're running it without a no cd patch, then it must be a hardware issue.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm having problem with this too when I run it in Windows mode VIA Bootcamp in Mac. And it's only the demo. I don't think I'll be installing it in here until I find the solution to this problem.
funky_mish
Ricer
Ricer

Post by funky_mish »

I'm now having this same problem.

I was running the game fine, but my hard drive died and had to be replaced, so obviously everything was lost. Now, with the pc up and running again with a new hdd, I installed the game and get this problem.

I ran it fine before, and nothing has changed besides a new hard drive, so my system specs are fine. I own the game legally, and am using the cd. No cracks.

Things like his drive me insane. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
funky_mish
Ricer
Ricer

Post by funky_mish »

I don't know if you guys are still having this problem, but after upating my graphics drivers, the game runs ok again. I suggest you try the same.

Hope it helps!
DesertRat
Stock
Stock

Post by DesertRat »

Below is a link to a post I recently made on a similar problem I have with Pro Street crashing with the same error message. Basically it is saying that in my case, using a single x1950Pro, 256MB DDR3 card the game ran perfectly fine and looked great as long as I only installed the latest Catalyst drivers without a control interface (CCC or ATT). You may or may not want to try that if you have a Radian card as there are some drawbacks--everything, old (BF2 & BF2142 for instance) and new games run great and look good (DiRT) to great but older games can look drastically better (more texture, detail, sharpness) tweaked to max with ATT. On the other hand using ATT caused some newer games like DiRT and Pro Street to crash or have an unusable menu in the case of DiRT. CCC, for one thing is a huge resource hog and runs everything but at very, very much slower performance compared to drivers only. My equipment is listed on the forum linked below. Hope this helps in some way. Any comments about why things work this way on my system would be appreciated.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=256393

UPDATE: I was able to get Pro Street to run just fine with ATT by simply reinstalling the game. DiRT still refuses to cooperate so I'm rid of it now.

Return to “Help & Support”