NFSPS - Does PS like XP64?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
NOSBurnerXS
Ricer
Ricer

NFSPS - Does PS like XP64?

Post by NOSBurnerXS »

Ok, I got PS over the holidays and I just installed it on my computer here at school. I installed the game while I was at home and it worked fine. But when I installed it on my computer, all the game does is go to a black screen and plays patchy audio. Plus its really slow. I mean, it should work, I have the disk in the drive and its installed correctly as far as I'm concerned.

I'm running a 64 bit AMD at 2.2Ghz with 2G of RAM and an ATi X850XT video card.

Anyone know whats going on? I kinda bought the game to play it...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFSPS - Does PS like XP64?

Post by prince1142003 »

What computer did you provide the specs for, home or school?

If it's not a dual core Athlon64, then a 2.2 Ghz CPU is at the lower end of the minimum requirements.

Also, if you are indeed running a 64-bit OS, then check to make sure the latest and correct BIOS, graphics, motherboard, and chipset drivers are installed and functioning.
NOSBurnerXS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NOSBurnerXS »

Specs are for my school comupter, and its not a dual AMD. The clock speed shouldn't be a problem, my home computer has about the same chip and the game ran fine.

I know I have a compatible vid card cause its on EA's list of cards. I believe I have all the updated drivers and what-not. I'll check again.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The clock speed does play a factor, especially in ProStreet. But if you're saying your home computer has the same processor chip and can play ProStreet then obviously that's not the issue.

Once again, I have to ask: What are the exact OS's on the two computers? Note that Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit are two different things. Having a 64-bit processor doesn't necessarily mean you have a 64-bit OS.

Like I said, if it's not the processor, it's some other bit of hardware/software conflict. Check for latest drivers and make sure the drivers install correctly and the devices work correctly.
NOSBurnerXS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NOSBurnerXS »

It was a driver conflict. PS runs like a champ now, no lags at all.

Thanks.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Not a problem.

Return to “Help & Support”