(R35 GTR!) Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: (R35 GTR!) Umm... yeah. What extreme machine to beat RYO?

Post by Striker94 »

Ok, I need help with the drift this time! How many points do you need to win the first drift race? Is Akimura's car good enough?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The first drift, you need to earn at least 3500 points to beat Ryo. To do that though, is a bit more difficult than it seems. I used my very own custom RX7 and that did the job nicely. I can give you the blueprint if you like.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I know what track it is, and my highest score there just happens to be 4000...

ANYWAY, yes, if you could PM me some tuning tips it would be nice. Or just post them.
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Umm... how does everyone get 12000 point drifts? Best I got was 5k in an rx8, and it was a perfect run with every bonus and massive angle.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:I know what track it is, and my highest score there just happens to be 4000...

ANYWAY, yes, if you could PM me some tuning tips it would be nice. Or just post them.
Actually I have a major crisis on my hands...

My PS3 as you may or may not know, does not read any disc anymore, so I've sent it to the Support Centre (under warranty fortunately) to get it fixed. Then of all the times to find out, the Pro Street data I have is the only data that is copyright-protected... #-o so I have to start over completely...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

what, does that mean that only the Prostreet save game you can't copy, but all the others you can?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Exactly...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
Striker94 wrote:I know what track it is, and my highest score there just happens to be 4000...

Actually I have a major crisis on my hands...

My PS3 as you may or may not know, does not read any disc anymore, so I've sent it to the Support Centre (under warranty fortunately) to get it fixed. Then of all the times to find out, the Pro Street data I have is the only data that is copyright-protected... #-o so I have to start over completely...
That's just stupid. I would copy it anyway...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hey, if it's a disc drive error, maybe you could save the HDD.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Um, it's too late for that....

I managed to get all the rescuable save data, except ProStreet because it wouldn't go onto my SD card. It said "unable to copy" and considering that all the other data went perfectly, it's copyright-protected.
scorchex
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scorchex »

baumaxx1 wrote:Umm... how does everyone get 12000 point drifts? Best I got was 5k in an rx8, and it was a perfect run with every bonus and massive angle.
yes your may have gotten bonuses and massive angle but did you have speed?
(tip: atleast 60kmph)
In life go as fast as you can, cut corners and cheat, if you crash and burn too bad!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

At least Ao kmph... dude, that's what I take low speed corners at, I've had entry speeds of 160ks.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

A0km/h??? This isn't algebra class.

For me, I still think that the RX-7 is the easiest car to drift, even easier if you make your own one, as Koenigsegg suggested.

I STILL have trouble in speed challenge. I'm still stuck on the 2nd nitrocide race day, and the roads are too thin on that curvy track!
oh snap
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Um, it's too late for that....

I managed to get all the rescuable save data, except ProStreet because it wouldn't go onto my SD card. It said "unable to copy" and considering that all the other data went perfectly, it's copyright-protected.
I can copy ProStreet save files without problems on my PC.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes but this is PS3 we're talking about which isn't as simple as drag 'n' drop. It would not copy no matter what I did.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

No idea about PS3...

Say, on PS2, how many save files could you hold on one memery card? I don't know whether to buy a memory card or game...
oh snap
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

baumaxx1 wrote:Yes evo for drift is illegal, but the game hates it's players. So ryo has an unfair advantage. but it goes time attack - drift -
sector shootout - drift - grip. The grip tracks are quite open, and the first drift track is a pain.
Oy, I can't stand sector shootout... especially the SS event in the opening React race day when they introduce drifting.
Lemme see if I can remember what I used to beat Ryo with last time...

Speed Challenge: 2005 Ford GT
Drag: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Drift: 1999 Mazda RX-7 and 2005 Mazda RX-8
Grip: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Ryo seems to run the first Japan event, a time attack at around 45 seconds. You need a car that can beat this time. This is probably the most difficult grip event with Ryo.

A stage 3 Zonda can do this. The next 3 fastest stage 3 cars are close to each other in lap times, the Ford GT, 911 Turbo, and the RX8. The 911 Turbo has the highest handicap of all of these cars and you'll get the most points with it on the sector shootout event.

For the drift events, Ryo gets around 3500 points at Tokyo A. If you have a slower car for drift, you can back up a bit to get more speed, but you don't get many points at the top until you start going down the ramp. For drifing in general, use the handbrake (version 1.0) or brake (version 1.1) to slide the car in a near straight line while accumulating points. This works well if your going downhill or approaching the finish line. The cars don't slow quickly and it's easy to slide for over 5 seconds on flat ground, and indefinately while going down hill. Tokyo B isn't a problem if you brake down the ramp, good for 2000 points or more.

I posted a career walkthrough that includes setup info here: career walkthrough thread.htm
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Can't disagree with you more on the Zonda for Grip.

Considering the amount of wheelspin on tight corners, I'd much rather stick with my custom 911... that did 42 seconds on the first time attack and no, it's not the hardest grip race. None of them are particularly challenging, it's just that first drift. My tips for first drift:

Aim to get at least 1400-1500 points on the first corner and chicane, then on the straight you can "cheat" if you want and hug the wall, but make sure you counter-steer the whole time. then proceed as per normal. I got 3700 points, Ryo didn't even score in the 3000s so that was a lucky run.

Watch out on the Nevada Highway for Drag, because those hills can see you off the course and totalling your way to Heaven... Major tip: Aim to get one fast time that absolutely flogs ryo (I think he gets 7.5s or 8s?) then for the rest just play it safe, since it works on your fastest time If you go slow it doesn't matter. My best was a 6.7 in my Camaro.

For Speed, do not have any higher than Stage 2 Suspension on your car otherwise you are sure to total. Then brake when necessary, and if you feel like a dirty driver you can knock Ryo off the road in the narrow canyon bits. I used a Skyline R34 GTR.
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

At least on a PC, the Zonda is in a class by itself (unless you have the extender pack cars). It only took a few tries to get the 37.05 lap time in the Japan time attack in this video. The car does slide around in tight corners, but it does this at a higher speed than the other cars, and it has more acceleration. Note all these cars are stage 3 cars and setup as described in the career walkthrough thread I created. As I noted before, the 911 Turbo has the highest relative handicap of the top cars, and will get more points on sector shootouts.

Zonda 37.05:
nprt1znd.wmv

The Ford GT is generally the 2nd fastest car at most tracks, especially at the tighter tracks, again because of faster corner speeds and better acceleration:

Ford GT 39.54 (have to slow down more for the jump to avoid damage):
nprt1fgt.wmv

I made videos from the final race. From slowest to fastest, the Zonda lapping Ryo. On the more open tracks, there isn't much difference between RX8, 911 Turbo, and Ford GT, but the Zonda is still a significant step up. Still all of these cars are plenty fast enough to beat Ryo.

RX8 40.10:
nprt5rx8.wmv

911 Turbo 39.37:
nprt5911.wmv

Ford GT 38.72:
nprt5fgt.wmv

Zonda 36.57 (3rd lap time, video is of 4th lap with Ryo getting lapped):
nprt5znd.wmv
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Tokyo A is the harder of the two drift events. Using the handbrake (version 1.0) or brakes (version 1.1) while sliding will extend a drift, especially if going down hill. Another point to remember is to keep drifting to one side for as long as possible before switching, since the drift points accumulate faster the longer you keep drifting the same direction.

I used Aki's RX7 for this 5000+ point drift at Tokyo A. At the end, it's better to keep turning left and slide to a stop than it is to change direction.

nprt2rx7.wmv

Return to “Help & Support”