PS configured incorrectly???

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
keyloki
Ricer
Ricer

PS configured incorrectly???

Post by keyloki »

Ok.....so I've been all over the place trying to get the v1.1 patch to work. It always says that the application failed to start because it's configured incorrectly. WTF?? I have the correct version and everything, I've even tried several no-cd patches and modded .exe patches but still nothing. I noticed that in my registry is an entry for Pro Street called "supression .exe"........Any chance that the binary values are incorrect? Mine looks like this:
0000 6e 00 65 00 73 00 2e oo n.f.s...
0008 65 00 78 00 65 00 00 00 e.x.e...

TIA everybody....it is driving me crazy that I cant use any of the cool mods. :? :evil:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: PS configured incorrectly???

Post by vellu »

keyloki wrote:I've even tried several no-cd patches and modded .exe patches but still nothing.
And you are still wondering what the problem might be? :roll:
keyloki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by keyloki »

ummmm....yes, I'm still wondering. The ONLY version of the game that will run at all is v1.0. I have purchased the DL version, it will not start after the correct 1.1 patch. I also have purchased the DVD version and it will not start after the correct 1.1 patch. Someone in another thread suggested trying a no-cd patch...these will not let it start either. Seems to me that if the game is "configured incorrectly" then all I have to do is figure out where the incorrect configuration is at and change it.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Euro or US version?
keyloki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by keyloki »

U.S. version.

I'm curious about the installation of the 1.o version. My computer sets all of the installed files as "read only" maybe THAT is preventing the patch from overwritting certain files. I'm gonna try changing the attributes and see if that helps the v1.1 patch.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Re-Install perhaps?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Download version are weird sometimes :? Hence why I always get discy :mrgreen:
keyloki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by keyloki »

Yea, DL's can be weird. I have BOTH the DL and the DVD. Funny thing is that after I run the v1.1 patch, I can't re-install. The only options that it gives me are to un-install or repair. The repair does nothing so I'm kind of stuck. I installed the DL version and it did the same thing as my DVD version so it MUST be something to do with my computer or the way the game gets installed in the first place. I just can't seem to figure out whats getting screwed up.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Weird... mine works perfectly with the "unoffical" patch.
frg2005
Stock
Stock

Post by frg2005 »

Am I wrong or that v1.1 patch is unofficial? As long as I know EA didn't release any patch yet. And I keep reading about people having problems with the game after installing that unofficial patch. So... I think you should stop messing with the poor ProStreet until EA releases an official update.
Just a suggestion.

Return to “Help & Support”