Help me to unlock Nate Denver and Karol Monroe

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
geter712
Stock
Stock

Help me to unlock Nate Denver and Karol Monroe

Post by geter712 »

I was playing my PC version of Prosreet and everything was fine until it came to the final part where I race against kings. I beat up Aki Kimura and Ray Krieger and after that I was racing against Ryo (very strange since Nate and Karol were still locked). So I beat up Ryo hoping that Nate and Karol will be available after that but nothing. I finished with Ryo and Nate and Karol are still locked! When I try to enter Nate at carrer map it says "to unlock beat 7/10". To beat what?? I really don't understand hot to unlock these two kings. Please help me.
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Help me to unlock Nate Denver and Karol Monroe

Post by Frenzy »

You need to beat the track records in speed challenges and drags. If you do, it'll come up with 'TRACK RECORD BROKEN' when you finish the race.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

You need to beat 10 Speed Track Records (it says the track record under course layout) to unlock Nitrocide and 10 Drag records to unlock Rogue Speed.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

koenigsegg pretty much summed it up there, and you don't need to beat all the kings of the elite organisations to race Ryo. All you need is to finish the three showdowns!

Note-koenigsegg, I still can't even finish the first speed race (which happens to be nevada), and I have a 100% stage3 Viper!

PS-I beat the drift king with 350Z! Yippee!
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Now, don't complain about me raving on again but seriously, the R34 is cheap, and a hell of a lot quicker to accelerate than the Viper. And if you don't put on any higher than Stage 2 suspension it's quite stable. That should take care of Nate with ease.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

shouldn't have any more than stage 2 suspension for any car? But on the stats bar it says that better suspension=better stability...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Okay, for Grip and Drift, put as high a level as you can on there. BUT, for Drag and Speed it's a little different, Drag too much power and a Stage 3/4 suspension WILL make your car veer to the side, flip and total, Speed if the car gets the faintest whiff of a bumpy road on S3/4, it will become unstable, it will veer off the road, IT WILL TOTAL!

Stage Stock/1/2, it doesn't do it.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

yeah, i know what you mean, but during cornering will a stage 3/4 suspension upgrade make your car corner better through a turn in speed challenge?

And Chevelle SS with stage 3 doesn't veer to one side and total. It just wheelies and goes straight...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It doesn't really, I corner just fine on Stage 2. And as for your Chevelle... I don't believe you.

You ARE going to upgrade the power at some point aren't you? Because when you do mate, trust me, you DO NOT want that high a suspension level on it.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Um, what do you mean, upgrade the power? I've already got full power on both Viper and Chevelle...

And yes, the chevelle does veer off by about 1 metre each race, but it's perfectly fine, and it can wheelie the whole track. If you lived in Melbourne, I would have invited you over, but unfortunately you don't.

And why don't you try? Get a chevelle SS, pump it full of stage 3 parts, except brakes, and watch it burn the whole track in a straight line! The only problem with it is that ut's slow-only 7 second passes possible with my limited tuning...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Oh yeah, wheelies slow you down on the 1/4 as well... and the lower suspension levels stop it from wheelieing too much...

I thought you had 606hp on the Chevelle? I'm pretty sure it can muster more than that...

And I'll stick with my 6-sec Camaro thanks!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

honestly, you've cracked the game, and you've got plenty of cash! Try it! And I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure 600hp is the limit for it, the only reason I got the last 6hp is a few tweaks...
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:honestly, you've cracked the game, and you've got plenty of cash! Try it! And I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure 600hp is the limit for it, the only reason I got the last 6hp is a few tweaks...
The limit for a stage 4 Chevelle is 636 BHP, whereas a stage 3 is 628 BHP. PC version here though...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Okay, for Grip and Drift, put as high a level as you can on there. BUT, for Drag and Speed it's a little different, Drag too much power and a Stage 3/4 suspension WILL make your car veer to the side, flip and total, Speed if the car gets the faintest whiff of a bumpy road on S3/4, it will become unstable, it will veer off the road, IT WILL TOTAL!

Stage Stock/1/2, it doesn't do it.
Huh? I upgrade my Drag and Speed cars to full Stage 3, maybe some stage 4, and it works just fine.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

Striker94 wrote:yeah, i know what you mean, but during cornering will a stage 3/4 suspension upgrade make your car corner better through a turn in speed challenge?
i dont think u have a lot of sharp corners in speed challenges to have a higher stage suspension on it.. and yeah gotta agree with Koenigsegg_Rox regarding cars drifting to the side with a stage 3/4 suspensions after bumps.. better control of the car with a stage 1/2 ...
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Huh? I upgrade my Drag and Speed cars to full Stage 3, maybe some stage 4, and it works just fine.
it also depends on what car are u driving.. i tried a corvette with stage 4 on speed track and it was kinda stable.. try a GT-R with stage 3/4 suspension and then downgrade to stage 1/2.. you'll know the difference..especially on the nevada track..
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Huh? I upgrade my Drag and Speed cars to full Stage 3, maybe some stage 4, and it works just fine.
it also depends on what car are u driving.. i tried a corvette with stage 4 on speed track and it was kinda stable.. try a GT-R with stage 3/4 suspension and then downgrade to stage 1/2.. you'll know the difference..especially on the nevada track..[/quote]

That's if I had a choice. I made a garage of cars belonging to characters in a novel I'm making.

Maybe I'll consider it when I open up a new career.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: That's if I had a choice. I made a garage of cars belonging to characters in a novel I'm making.

Maybe I'll consider it when I open up a new career.
oh ok...good luck in future then ;) ..
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

@koenigsegg-I just unlocked Nate Denver today, and I'm halfway through the first race day. Is there any Nitrocide Racedays in Nevada? If so, I'm gonna need, lets see, about 300 total repair markers...
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:@koenigsegg-I just unlocked Nate Denver today, and I'm halfway through the first race day. Is there any Nitrocide Racedays in Nevada? If so, I'm gonna need, lets see, about 300 total repair markers...
Last Nitrocide raceday (and Nate Denver) is in Nevada. Relax, a 911 should make 'Big Nate Denver' cry himself to sleep, as the announcer puts it when you kick his butt back to the small town he comes from.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

which one's better for speed? Viper or Corvette? I've loaded them both up with stage 3 everything+stage 2 suspension.

And how can it be that a 670 something horsepower Corvette can't do the 1/4 faster than my 606hp Chevelle? I just don't get it!
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:which one's better for speed? Viper or Corvette? I've loaded them both up with stage 3 everything+stage 2 suspension.

And how can it be that a 670 something horsepower Corvette can't do the 1/4 faster than my 606hp Chevelle? I just don't get it!
Viper's faster off the line, Corvettes (both types) are real damn slow. I usually crash into whoever's stuck behind a Corvette (usually Paulo Cruz, Boxcut in a Corvette ZO6). However, the Corvettes can catch up rather fast... I never actually drove these, I'm just speaking from observing AI.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Racing M3 GTR wrote: Viper's faster off the line, Corvettes (both types) are real damn slow. I usually crash into whoever's stuck behind a Corvette (usually Paulo Cruz, Boxcut in a Corvette ZO6). However, the Corvettes can catch up rather fast... I never actually drove these, I'm just speaking from observing AI.
Viper kills a Corvette ZO6 at the start, but the ZO6 will eventually catch up. Other good speed cars are the GTO and the 07 Shelby. Not sure about the '06 Ford Mustang though.
Striker94 wrote:And how can it be that a 670 something horsepower Corvette can't do the 1/4 faster than my 606hp Chevelle? I just don't get it!
Does the Chevelle have better traction? That might be the reason.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

yep, thanks for the info. For now, i'm leaving my corvette in drag, and viper in speed. Is it nessecary to get a Murcielago/GT40/Turbo in speed? Or is a Viper (660hp) sufficient?

And as for the Chevelle, it actually has less traction than my corvette, far less aero, and less power...
oh snap
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Striker94 wrote:yep, thanks for the info. For now, i'm leaving my corvette in drag, and viper in speed. Is it nessecary to get a Murcielago/GT40/Turbo in speed? Or is a Viper (660hp) sufficient?

And as for the Chevelle, it actually has less traction than my corvette, far less aero, and less power...
When you say Turbo, do you mean the Porsche 911 Turbo? If so, then put that in Grip (It looks more like a Grand Touring vehicle than anything else, least of all a drag racer).

As for the Murcielago and the Ford GT, don't bother, since the CPU racers don't drive with supercars.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yep, thanks.

It's wierd how nobody uses the supercars in the game, heck, they don't even use 10% of the cars! Have you seen anybody use-Viper, Murcielago, Zonda, Hemi Cuda, 1 person uses the civic, chevelle, Pontiac GTO (67), and a whole heap of others...

And if you got a Zonda, where would you put it?
oh snap

Return to “Help & Support”