Downforce issue

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
el bruja gato
Ricer
Ricer

Downforce issue

Post by el bruja gato »

Ok, I have this nice car here and it drives like a dream, very balanced and steady power delivery. It doesn't tend to wash out into massive oversteer as soon as you step on the gas in a turn, unlike my previous Challenger. The Challenger started having an itchy backside at 500hp, and went sideways almost all the time at 750hp. The C2 Corvette is still rock stable at 650! It's not the suspension setup, the Challenger was set to heavy understeer and the C2, neutral with some toe-in.

Ok, the handling's perfect for tight circuits like Mondello and Ebisu.

It's the Autobahns that the C2 has issues with. At any speed above 200kph the car starts ice-skating into turns like the recent Speed Racer movie. Infact that's exactly how this beast drives. High speed turns.. sideways.

Ok, so its like the historic Dodge Chargers that have a lack of downforce at high speed. That's why I have such an ugly spoiler on the back. It's still not big enough (I'll take high speed stability over being flamed for poor style anyday!) but when I put the bigger GT championship boxes on the downforce meter doesn't seem to move.

Is maximum G / downforce hardcoded into the car to keep some semblance of realistic performance? If so then it doesn't make sense because... huger wing = more downforce, period.

And more drag. But it seems like in Prostreet more downforce = less drag, which should be the opposite. See Indy car racing, for the oval tracks they use wings with no downforce and thus less drag for maximum top speed.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Downforce issue

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

I understand what you mean when you say that in NFSPS more Downforce seems to allow less Drag.

I think the problem is the modulation of this: you need some downforce to allow the wheels to not loose traction when receiving all that horse power. I think the problem is that the NFSPS physics exagerate this to a point that it happens what you say. Still, in the Wind Tunnel, if you play around with a Body Kit you will notice that Top Speed is not reached with 100%, but more along 40 to 60%, at least in some cars.

Cya!

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yep, the bodykit can make a lot more downforce than the spoiler. To make the spoiler more effective, just make it bigger, higher, and adjust the angle until "top speed" in minimum, and "downforce" is full...

The easiest car to get to full Aero is the Supra.
oh snap
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

yeah just mess with the body kit and change the angle of the spoiler
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ

Return to “Help & Support”