TUNING HELP!!!!!!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
dk_speedrun
Stock
Stock

TUNING HELP!!!!!!

Post by dk_speedrun »

Can someone please help me with tuning for dodget viper srt for drifting....i saw many videos where players do endless drifts and their speed is also too fast....can someone plzz help me out with this....i have tried to tune it many times but to no avail....
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Re: TUNING HELP!!!!!!

Post by wondaboy »

Hi,heres a complete setup of my RX7 which i compiled for someone else who aso needed advice on tuning,I know its not a viper but i guarentee you theres no Viper anywhere that would beat me with this car,my highest drift was about
30 000 points, but this car does an comfortable average of between 10 000 - 20 000. Anyway this setup also works fine with most other cars i tried out although havent tried the Viper yet, so maybe you can see how it works. The main things in a Drift setup is 100% stiff back roll bar, 0% soft front roll bar, negative camber, standard size back wheel & dont drop the car, these things all cause greater spin & instability at the back causing grip loss which result into a drift.

I'll give you the specs so long,had to redo my pc and forgot to make a backup of my downloaded software,which also included my screen capture stuff!

Parts List:
Engine - HKS Stage3
Drive train - Quaife Stage4 ( Quaife Stage3 is also fine if you cant get Stage4 yet )
Forced Induction - HKS Stage3
Suspension - KYB Gas Shocks Stage3
Brakes - Any Stage3 ( To me they all work the same but actualy have diferent colors,so i choose
them to match my cars color profile,or usualy Brembo coz i like the red )
Tires - Any Stage3 Tire as you just need a stage3 to be able to access the full setup,after tuning
you put a Stage1 Kumho Tire.
Nitro - Any Stage3 or Stage4 Pacage

Body Parts: Wheels - Any Design you like ( some wheels have more or less settings than other
but the majority have 5 settings so i will use them as setup )
Wheel Settings (F) #1 100, #2 Any( more for looks), #3 0, #4 50, #5 30
(B) #1 0, #2 Any, #3 100, #4 0, #5 0 - you will see I keep back
wheel pretty standard except for 3 as it give more spin
: Body Kit - The Wide Body Kit ( last 1 ) Only 1 setting which you make 100
: Roll Cage - 2nd one,think its 8 point
: Seat - Whichever one you like (Again its more about the color)
The rest of the body you dont put any mods on specialy NO SPOILER as these parts are all designrd to reduce drift by creating downforce and in this NFS the parts all work.

Visual Modifications is entirely up to you and your taste,so with that you can just have fun!

OK,now for the setup of the parts,go to tuning.

Page1 (Suspension)

(F) Shock Compression - As Is, (F) Shock Rebound - As Is, (F) Spring Rate - As Is
(B) " - As Is, (B) " - As Is, (B) Spring Rate - As Is
(F) Roll Bar - 0% Soft, (B) Roll Bar - 100% Stiff
Ride Height - As Is at 50% ( Dropping the car looks cool but its hazourdous for drifting )
Tire Pressure: (F) - 0% Soft, (B) - 100% Hard

Camber - 100% ( This makes the car unstable resulting in an instant drift )

Page2 (Engine)

Cam - 0%
Start Boost, End Boost, Nitro Pressure & Nitro Flow - All 100%

Page3 (Drive Train)

Gears 1,2 & 3 - 0% The rest of the gears you dont have to wory about as you will never get
to use them,this car very seldom even goes into 3rd gear thats how
smooth its engine performs under these pressures in drift

Page4 (Brakes)

Brake Bias - 100 to the back
Brake pressure - 100%
Hand Brake Pressure - 100%

Ok now the tuning is done, update your Blueprint and then go back into Custom Upgrade. Go
to Tires and now replace the Stage3 or 4 Tires you installed originaly with Stage1 Kumho tires.
Thats it... Oh some technique advice,you wil feel this car has got intence power and this setup makes it loose traction at its backwheels even more,so its realy like the car just doesnt wanna stop drifting. Also many people setup there cars to slide and think its drifting,but those setups, if you make a mistake or just enter the corner at a wrong angle its done as they in fact have very litle conrol over their cars,basicaly having to wait for the car to stop siding befor it will respond again. You will feel this RX7 Feels like a feather, this car drifts
by keeping its back wheels spinning at full for as long as you keep in the accelerator,and even
while in full drivt this car is 100% controlable and will respond to anything you want it to do imediately all without stoping the drift. like i said this car will keep drifting until you straighten it out or temporarily leaves the petrol,then it will automaticaly come out of the drift by itself. When u wann initiate a drift,you can use your brake or handbrake but rather try this. As you aproach the corner, just briefly turn into the oposite direction and the turn back into the direction of the corner,causing like a whiplash efect, this technique will 90% of the time put you into a perfect angle for the drift and wont let you loose any speed.

Ok I hope this helps you,if you need any other advice just ask, I can help you also with Drags if you need any ( i have a car with which my record is: 1/4 mile = 5.32 seconds
& 1/2 mile = 8.89 seconds ) I suck at Grip and Speed though,so with those i cant help you,i'll rather ask you for help with them!
Happy Drifting and let me know how you are doing - Ahmed Jade
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

WoW Bro....Fantastic piece of work bro... =D>
Hope to try these settings out, 'coz I stuck with my RX8 so long (also another good drifter).
I used RX7 once for testing...but failed due to lack of tuning...but now I have yours.
Thanx mate..

Also, really appreciate if you can give us ur Camaro Drag setup too (for 1/4 & 1/2)....in detail like in this.
Thanx again...keep the good work up... :D
--- uboy ---
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

if this on pro street, then set everything so that it has max power and go crazy with the suspension tuning
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ

Return to “Help & Support”